Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 07:31 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,763,177 times

Advertisements

I checked out their menu with thoughts of giving them a try. They don't have medium-sized pizzas so I won't be trying them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 07:34 PM

983 posts, read 1,181,370 times
The secret to papa murphys is you MUST have coupons or utilize their specials or expect to pay $18 for a family size pizza ( their large ) - not much value there when you consider you have to drive to go get it and cook it yourself at home.

back 5-10yrs ago when I was a regular you could get a 2 topping family size with a coupon for around $7 bucks.

Have a big supply of pepperoni at home and a bag of your own mozzarella and you can create a decent take and bake pizza on the cheap. If you think you will just add their skimpy portion toppings as extra and get a good pie ... you will be disappointed and be paying $$$ for a very meehhh pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
I checked out their menu with thoughts of giving them a try. They don't have medium-sized pizzas so I won't be trying them.
Their 'large' is a medium
Their family size is a large

Last edited by StrkAliteN; 09-26-2017 at 08:20 PM..

Old 09-26-2017, 08:18 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
You can use EBT cards to buy cooked fast food at most major chains

https://firstquarterfinance.com/what...d-stamps-snap/
this couldn't be more off topic. It has nothing to do with the subject and the pizzas at Papa Murphy's aren't even cooked, they are the "take and bake" place where you bring home the assembled but uncooked pizza and cook it in your own oven.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:53 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,763,177 times
All this talk of pizza and that's all I could think about for dinner. So, off to the local gas station and picked up a personal size supreme pizza. They are just okay pizzas but it will suit its purpose.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
The secret to papa murphys is you MUST have coupons or utilize their specials or expect to pay $18 for a family size pizza ( their large ) - not much value there when you consider you have to drive to go get it and cook it yourself at home.

back 5-10yrs ago when I was a regular you could get a 2 topping family size with a coupon for around $7 bucks.

Have a big supply of pepperoni at home and a bag of your own mozzarella and you can create a decent take and bake pizza on the cheap. If you think you will just add their skimpy portion toppings as extra and get a good pie ... you will be disappointed and be paying $$$ for a very meehhh pizza

Their 'large' is a medium
Their family size is a large
The special I got was $10 for a large, and $12 for a family size, with up to 5 toppings included. I'm not sure if this is because they are new and want to make a good impression or if it's the norm, but they were very generous with the toppings.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:45 PM

983 posts, read 1,181,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
The special I got was $10 for a large, and $12 for a family size, with up to 5 toppings included. I'm not sure if this is because they are new and want to make a good impression or if it's the norm, but they were very generous with the toppings.
Yea I think $12ish is about right for a discounted / special family size. I think pepperoni family size can still be bought for around $8 when on special ( still not that great a deal on a 1 topping bake yourself pizza )

As far as toppings ... I am sure it varies a lot franchise to franchise.

The few papa murphy's near me are established older franchises with very shrewd owners watching their bottom line really closely. They were always extremely skimpy on any add on toppings. hence my trick of just adding my own toppings when I got the pizza home before baking it

Old 09-27-2017, 08:45 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
this couldn't be more off topic. It has nothing to do with the subject and the pizzas at Papa Murphy's aren't even cooked, they are the "take and bake" place where you bring home the assembled but uncooked pizza and cook it in your own oven.
Check out the first post in the thread. It is about using food stamps. Granted it is 8 years old but that was the original question.

I don't use food stamps but as far as Papa Murphys, I love their mediterranean chicken.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:51 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
Use to love PM's pizzas, especially the big deep dish, but for some reason they left our area. Miss them.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Check out the first post in the thread. It is about using food stamps. Granted it is 8 years old but that was the original question.

I don't use food stamps but as far as Papa Murphys, I love their mediterranean chicken.
And that's the problem with the fact that my brand new thread was merged into an 8 year old one. I wasn't responding to the 8 year old question but unfortunately my question won't get addressed if people read the old original question and don't bother to read the newer posts on the thread.

Old 09-27-2017, 12:05 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
I agree with the delite-thin crust. We always do the veggie but with the red sauce.
Of course it is not as good as our local non-chain place but sometimes it's nice to have just to throw in the oven and not wait 1-1 1/2 hours for delivery.
We love the PM's thin crust white pizza. We get one every so often for a treat. The local pizzerias around here use too much sweet sauce for my taste. And the thin crust saves a few carbs, and tastes good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink