Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 12:52 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times

Advertisements

Have you ever smoked boneless turkey thighs? 2 servings of dark meat per thigh and not the sinew of drumsticks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 07:22 PM

625 posts, read 1,585,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Have you ever smoked boneless turkey thighs? 2 servings of dark meat per thigh and not the sinew of drumsticks.
I hate to correct you nomad, but I see you made a incorrect statement. That should be 2 thighs per serving. meat..meat...meat

Old 10-09-2008, 07:25 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC64 View Post
I hate to correct you nomad, but I see you made a incorrect statement. That should be 2 thighs per serving. meat..meat...meat
Not with those new Jurassic turkeys. You might even get three servings if the VIP's have false teeth.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:21 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Quote:
Just let me know if and when that "test" run's gonna be.....I'll be glad to sample it objectively for you......wonder what fuel cost would be from here to there
In order for the sampling to be statistically valid, you need a large enough population to be meaningful. I'm willing to add my vote to the assessment to assist in gathering a meaningful quantity of data... just say when!

Old 10-09-2008, 08:48 PM

625 posts, read 1,585,693 times
Red face Meateaters unite....oh wait, that's another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
In order for the sampling to be statistically valid, you need a large enough population to be meaningful. I'm willing to add my vote to the assessment to assist in gathering a meaningful quantity of data... just say when!
This is it....now we're getting a proper inspection team together, we'll even let nomadicus bring his jurassic turkey parts along ( for palate cleansing) Fire up the grill caveman....caveman....where is he hiding

Old 10-09-2008, 09:04 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
I need to cook for a group(25ppl) of vip's w/an age range of 30-75. I have the sides taken care of, I need a main course. One of the mains will be smoked boneless prime rib, I need another selection for those watch'n their weight, cholesterol, etc. I know if I ask them they will just say "what ever you make is fine w/us".

I thought about smoked trout, smoked chicken, shrimp.....but I don't know. Any ideas? I'd like it to be done on the smoker(which is just like an oven) or the grill as I won't have much time to prepare the meal.

What do you guys/gals, who watch weight/cholesterol, like to eat?

Thanks for the help.

BTW - I don't think they'd be into mussels, lobster, or crab........and the bill is on me....and I don't think I'd want to pay for lobster and crab.
Well, it depends on whether the designation VIP means that these are people of means or whether they are just people who are special to you. The reason I mention this is that if they are not wealthy people, that is people who are used to eating "gourmet" then I would suggest something a little more "down home" and less upscale. I like the idea of the beer can chicken that someone else brought up. Myself personally, I'd pass on the smoked, boneless prime rib not because I am watching my weight but because it just doesn't sound good to me. I don't care for smoked foods myself and perhaps neither will some of your guests, so for an alternative choice, make it something plain and simple.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-10-2008, 12:03 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Quote:
This is it....now we're getting a proper inspection team together, we'll even let nomadicus bring his jurassic turkey parts along ( for palate cleansing) Fire up the grill caveman....caveman....where is he hiding
I'll bring some venison hams/shoulders to throw on the smoker/grill!

Old 10-12-2008, 06:49 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
What about a cedar plank salmon?
Good call on the salmon...or Grouper.

Fish is a common option at the nice dinners I attend

Old 10-12-2008, 06:54 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
I can understand you don't want to use lobster or crabs. They must be expensive in Kansas. Chicken is very virsatile. Smoked or grilled is good. What about beercan chicken on the grill? Very moist and tasty without alot of fuss.
Beer can chicken is good, but not sure i would serve it to a VIP group. I look at it more as BBQ or beach food. If they are VIP then eating something with 'style points' may come off a little better. See earlier comment on the plank salmon or maybe a grilled trout, depending on the fish available where you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink