Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 05:39 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times

Advertisements

Fresh from the boat, grilled over a beach fire and served with home-made lemon or dill mayonnaise.

But I also love them pan fried, steamed, boiled and in Souffles, Mousses, Pates, as a "tartare" , in curries, fish pies, quiches, basically I love them !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,050 times
Bacon-wrapped shrimp with barbeque sauce.

I like to take larger shrimp, de-vein them, and wrap them in maple bacon (you can use regular bacon if you don't like the sweet/salty mix). Then I normally skewer them and barbeque them (but on the occasion that it's too cold to barbeque when I'm in the mood, I can pan fry them).

Then, I serve them with a side of barbeque sauce for dipping.

Not the healthiest, I realize... but you have to make important sacrifices sometime. (hehe)

Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Doused in Old Bay seasoning and grilled.

Sauteed in white wine, lemon juice and butter then broiled.

Steamed in Old Bay seasoning then eaten with cocktail sauce.

Broiled and stuffed with crab meat.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:38 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I really don't like them hot. I prefer plain chilled the most.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:32 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,190,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Broiled and stuffed with crab meat.
Mmm, I haven't had this in years. Used to get it at a restaurant in NY called London Lennie's and they were soooo good.

Do you know of any easy way to prepare this? This would be something good to make for Christmas Eve dinner, especially since I don't know how (or care to) make all of the seafood that Italians normally make for the holiday.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:01 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
Shrimp is very common and easy. How do you like them/cook them?
Any way I can get them.

Not that that is necessarily an easy or an inexpensive process living where we do, mind.

But any way you wanna fix 'em, I like 'em.

In our kitchen, shrimp are most commonly found either stir-fried with assorted vegetables or in a Vera Cruz sauce over brown rice. We also saute them, and we've been known to skewer them and put them on the grill. And sometimes we boil them up with some Tony Zatarain's, chill 'em and have a peel-n-eat party (the shrimp, not us, you perverts).

Old 10-21-2008, 08:06 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Peel them, then cook them in butter, garlic, and worcestire sauce.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:50 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Doused in Old Bay seasoning and grilled.

Sauteed in white wine, lemon juice and butter then broiled.

Steamed in Old Bay seasoning then eaten with cocktail sauce.
Yes!
I love me some shrimp with Old Bay. Fresh parsley, too.
And sometimes a bit of chili pepper and fresh lime goes well.
You know, I always thought shrimp were just "okay" until I moved back to the coast.
My husband meets the shrimp boat now and buys 'em fresh at $4 a pound.
Man do they taste good.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:13 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
Do you know of any easy way to prepare this? This would be something good to make for Christmas Eve dinner, especially since I don't know how (or care to) make all of the seafood that Italians normally make for the holiday.

Ha, yeah the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve. LOTS of work. Sorry, I don't have a good recipe as I just order that one out.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:17 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,058,606 times
The English dish Potted Shrimp was a fave pub food of mine... small brown shrimp in butter and spices (mace and cayenne are the traditional choice, but you can decide!). All goes into a ramekin along with maybe some chopped fresh herbs, and a clarified butter top is added.

The little pot of spiced shrimp in butter is chilled, then served with hot toast, you scoop them out along with the spiced butter and spread on the toast.

Yummmmy, with a nice pint of real ale or Guinness.

Great dinner party dish, as you can make it a day or two ahead.

Potted Shrimps Recipe | Food | Channel4.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink