Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:22 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,557,451 times

Advertisements

I love Shrimps pretty much done any way but my favourite is the simplest.

Simply boil or steam for a minute or two depending on the size and serve with fresh home made lemon and coriander mayonnaise. Serve with green salad . Delicious.

I also love Tempura Shrimps, Shrimp Gyoza, in curries, pasta, sashimi, as long as they're not oevercooked I could live on the stuff... The only thing I am not keen on ( but will eat) is Shrimp cocktail or when people cook the shrimps with a lot of cheese or heavy sauces. IMO you kill the flavour and texture by trying to mask the taste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 06:26 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,140,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
C'mon! How about some recipes, eh? I need some new, kinda off the wall ideas. ("off the wall" is a figure of speech ).
OK, dice up some onion and red bell peppers, sautee with mince garlic for a minute or so, then add in some diced Anduille Sausage (or any smoked pork product), sautee until veggies are still crunchy, but start to get translucent. Salt and pepper to taste.

Add in Shrimp sautee until shrimp are almost done. Then add in a bunch of halved cherry tomatos and a huge amount of fresh spinache (about half a bag or more)

toss around, and deglaze with white wine. Pull off the heat, throw in a pat of butter and toss with pasta of your choice. Top with Parm cheese.

You can do a million variations of this. Hot peppers, different meats, beer instead of wine, basil leaves or different fresh herbs, different pastas, or whatever.

The only key is to make sure it all comes off the stove at the same time, so nothing sits. Guaranteed to satisfy.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:10 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,528,184 times
Only deep fried. Coconut shrimp is pretty good to me.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:16 AM

64 posts, read 338,418 times
I only read pages one and two of this thread and didn't see anyone saying the best way -- boiled with Louisiana seafood boil.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:30 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,140,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixaorellana View Post
I only read pages one and two of this thread and didn't see anyone saying the best way -- boiled with Louisiana seafood boil.
Good point, although I can give an equal and similar vote for Low-Country Boil (Frogmore Stew), Charleston, SC style....

Old 08-26-2009, 02:30 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,879,683 times
Deveined is important. But as far as cooking methods...Grilled with fresh lemon, then Scampi is a second choice. I don't care for it at all in chinese food or other sauces for some reason.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:01 PM

590 posts, read 1,008,742 times
Absolutely not boiled or fried as they lose all the taste. I like them sauteed or grill. Mostly I sautee them after I heat some garlic in olive oil, add the shrimp, 1/2 cup of white wine, paprika, little red pepper. Toward the end I add fresh parley and fresh lemon juice.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:05 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,417,978 times
In addition to all the ways I see them offered here, I also like them baked and stuffed with seafood stuffing... i.e., lobster, crab, haddock, etc. Dip in warm, drawn buttah. Lip smackin' delicious!!

Old 08-27-2009, 05:53 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,584,839 times
We like ours sauteed in butter, worchestire, and garlic. We also add parsley.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:18 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,753,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
Absolutely not boiled or fried as they lose all the taste. I like them sauteed or grill. Mostly I sautee them after I heat some garlic in olive oil, add the shrimp, 1/2 cup of white wine, paprika, little red pepper. Toward the end I add fresh parley and fresh lemon juice.
You need to try them boiled in crab boil. Lots and lots of flavor. I also like to de-head them and marinate in EVOO, garlic, fresh parsley, salt, crushed red pepper and lemon. Then cook them on the grill with the shells on. Yummy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink