U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Papa John's, or Little Caesar's?
Pizza Hut 60 24.79%
Dominoes 42 17.36%
Papa John's 60 24.79%
Little Caesar's 29 11.98%
All of them are crap. 86 35.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:00 PM

7,129 posts, read 5,947,609 times

Advertisements

I voted for every choice. I hardly eat at any of these places... I prefer Papa Murphy's take and bake. I also like Casey's General Store... because of the crust... although the last time I had it it seemed like they might have changed the recipe for the worse in their crust.. I'll give it another try here one of these days.

If I were to rate them I'd rate them as such...

Dominos>Papa Johns>Pizza Hut>Little Caesars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 05:31 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,169,002 times
Little Caesar's. Had the $5 pizza last night.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:49 PM

890 posts, read 622,881 times
Pizza Hut by far! Everything that they offer is delicious! Additionally, now that they have multiple crust flavors and sauce drizzles, I'm even more addicted than when I first ate from them. I was born in August 1995, and have been eating Pizza Hut since before I took my first breath! Dominos comes in a close second. Ever since they revamped their crust and added the cheese-stuffed breadsticks, I fell in love. Papa John's comes in third. It was in second place early last year, but a few bad experiences changed that. I love extra cheese, but not a cooked layer on the top with an uncooked layer below! Little Caesars, while delicious, comes in fourth in this discussion. Once I try their bacon-wrapped crust, it may be bumped up. I really only order the major brands when I'm in college, however. Not only do my mom and brother dislike Papa John's and Pizza Hut, but my college is an auto-centric suburban college where you'll have a hard time ordering from a lot of places if you don't have a car.

Since I live in the Philadelphia area, there are plenty of delicious local and regional (Pat's Pizzeria, Grotto's, etc.) places that I can go to. In fact, no visit to Philly is complete without a slice from Lorenzo's on 3rd and South. $3.50 for a slice of pizza larger than my arm is a DEAL! Whenever I visit NYC, chain pizza is a HUGE no-no. Finally, when I traveled to Paris this past March, I tried a Pizza Hut in what I believe was the 1st arrondisment. It was good, but the cheese had a different taste than what they use in America. Every other time that I had pizza in Paris was at a cafe. There is actually this place called Pizza Fiorentina next to the Bir Hakeim station on the Paris Metro. I HIGHLY recommend their margarita pizza if you happen to be near the Eiffel Tower and need a bite to eat!

Old 06-16-2015, 05:53 PM

7,963 posts, read 6,716,042 times
My personal chain favorite is Mellow Mushroom.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:54 PM

2,706 posts, read 3,133,219 times
Local pizza what ever style from a mom and pop shop.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:06 PM

4,759 posts, read 1,871,850 times
Papa Murphys hands down. In an emergency for delivery Dominos but they're all crap, Papa Johns being the worst.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:07 PM

16,416 posts, read 25,206,536 times
I'll go with Dominos.

However, I rarely order chain pizza.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:42 PM

22,151 posts, read 26,616,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can't actually believe we have another pizza thread going. I think there is a new one every couple of weeks. My answer; they are all crap,but depending on where you live some are better, some worse than others. I see Pappa John's is the favorite and yet here, the worst pizza I have had in ages has been there's. I think the only pizza places I even enjoy trying are: one of our local small chains and we do like Papa's Murphys but you have to bring it home and bake it yourself.
IMO, there can't be too many pizza threads!

Here is a photo of a large Ameci cheese pizza...

Old 06-17-2015, 10:49 AM

3,535 posts, read 2,693,805 times
Out of all the chains Pizza Hut is probably the best. A papa johns opened in my town recently and I tried them. I couldn't eat the pizza. The sauce was so sweet it seemed like someone poured a few cups of sugar in it. (Perhaps someone prepared the sauce incorrectly) ?

FWIW, I worked at pizza hut while in high school around 1988. Pizza hut has played with the sizes and toppings portions a lot since then.

Today's large pizza at pizza hut was a medium in the old days of pizza hut. Also as another example in the old days of pizza hut a large pepperoni contained "64" slices of pepperoni. You'd be lucky to find 24 slices of pepperoni on a current pizza hut pizza.

And yes were were supposed to count the pepperoni. 64 large 32 medium 16 small. Other toppings were weighed.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:28 PM

4,680 posts, read 2,302,044 times
Not a chain, I guess, but Round Table pizza is what I prefer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink