U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:51 AM

170,777 posts, read 73,727,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcity View Post
I love Lions Choice you probably havnt heard of it because its mostly in missouri and there are some in texas, oklahoma, and florida its SO GOOD. they have the best roast beef sandwiches in the country!!!!!!! and i like texas roadhouse,subway and qudoba.
Where in FL...I'm game for new places...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 10:03 AM

7,938 posts, read 13,364,763 times
Burgers: Five Guys and Red Robin.

Other chains I like: Cracker Barrell, Uno Chicago Grill, Old Country Buffet, Red Lobster (not much good seafood here in PA), Smokey Bones (the location here closed..).

Old 02-01-2009, 08:59 AM

3,700 posts, read 4,071,764 times
I have a bit of a soft spot for Applebee's and nothing beats a Denny's or IHOP breakfast when you're hungover.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:07 PM

1,025 posts, read 940,986 times
I love texas Roadhouse. I CRAVE their caesar salad. It is sooo yummy. They used to make a chicken sandwich with some kind of black bean sauce and sour cream. They took it off their menu, and I have missed it ever since. I tried to make it at home. No luck.

I luck Wendy's because I can get a salad and a baked potato, which makes a fairly healthy dinner as far as fast food goes. Rubio's is my favorite mexican fast food, and Chevy's is my favorite for a sit down dinner.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:28 PM

802 posts, read 2,153,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Zaxby's has the best chicken along with Chick-Fil-A. I've been known to drive way out of the way for those two. And I mean way out of the way.

Schlotzsky's is also a favorite.
Zaxby's is awesome,and their restaurants are clean and the decor is great also!! They expanded into Arkansas a year or two ago finally,and I now have one within 50 miles of me. I remember seeing them all over the place in 2004 when my wife and I made our first trip to the Southeast. We wondered if they were any good,and we finally tried one in Cordele,Ga in 2005. Needless to say we were impressed. Chick-Fil-A is great also and I admire Mr. Truett Cathy,but Zaxby's has them covered IMO. The only chicken that might be better than Zaxby's is the Chicken Express mini-chain in Texas and Arkansas. Raising Cane's is supposed to be great also. Zaxby's and Raising Cane's seem almost identical to me.

I also love Quiznos,Firehouse Subs,Schlotzky's,Jimmy John's,Steak and Shake,O' Charley's,Whataburger,Dairy Queen,Braum's,Arby's,Rally's and McAlister's Deli. I'm sure I'm forgetting something too! I've never tried a Rally's burger since they practically don't exist around here anymore.

Quiznos is probably my favorite overall!

Old 02-08-2009, 06:14 PM

4,570 posts, read 6,291,877 times
For burgers: I love Johnny Rockets. Their burgers are excellent. Sonic is good too.

Casual: PF Chang's is pretty good. Not you typical Americanized Chinese restaurant. Also, I am addicted to Olive Garden's salad and breadsticks.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:20 AM

2 posts, read 2,853 times
Unless I missed it, I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Firehouse Subs.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:59 PM

802 posts, read 2,153,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox28 View Post
Unless I missed it, I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Firehouse Subs.
I mentioned it a couple of posts above. We had one here,but it didn't make it along with several others in the state. They have great sandwiches,and their tea is really good also.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:43 PM

17 posts, read 33,654 times
When it comes to chicken, nothing beats KFC! :lol:

Old 02-09-2009, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenKarber View Post
I mentioned it a couple of posts above. We had one here,but it didn't make it along with several others in the state. They have great sandwiches,and their tea is really good also.
My apologies... I somehow missed your post!! Firehouse rocks. Best high fat gooey subs you could imagine. Where is "here"?

Cheers my friend... sorry for missing your post.
-RedSox28
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink