Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:28 PM

892 posts, read 2,371,715 times

Advertisements

Our favorites are -
Green with envy - green beans, spinach, broccoli, and edemane mix
Jasmine rice
Their boxed rice
frozen mac and cheese
any and all desserts.
Dixie Peach juice / any of their juices are good
chicken fried rice
mushroom turnovers
If you don't like soy products, watch out when buying ice cream or cheese. I accidently bought soy cheese and soy ice cream one time - yuck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 03:03 PM

243 posts, read 887,290 times
Talking Tj's

Their Bay Blend coffee is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 04:17 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
OMG, Tigerlily, someone who knows the wonderful places in Portland! Do you remember Nature's on Division St., turned into something else--Wild Oats? But love New Seasons also. My sister and I would go to the one in Sellwood, and another one in NW. But my alltime favorite was the old Peoples Market on 21st (?). They have remodeled and now much newer and nicer. I used to be part of their coop many years ago when I was a starving student at PSU. Great memories!

Old 02-27-2007, 05:33 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,095,226 times
Keep going! I am making a shopping list for next time.

What about their soups? I almost bought a small plastic tub of lemon curry chicken soup over in the prepared salads section. Tonight, I wish I had.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:55 PM

4,255 posts, read 5,935,498 times
I wouldn't call myself a huge Trader Joe's fanatic, but I like their frozen breaded tilapia, their horse radish hummus (no garlic--which I find makes it easier to digest, and the horse radish means I don't miss the garlic much), their tabouleh (much better than pre-packaged tabouleh deserves to be, though I'd still shy away from it this time of year), their shiitake mushroom sushi, some of those German desserts people have mentioned (unbelievable, moist, gingerbread cakes)--although they are pretty far removed from health-food territory, their fresh dates (which are considerably less expensive than what I see them for elsewhere), some of the chocolate (which is also priced a lot lower than, say, Whole Foods prices the same brands), and probably some things I'm forgetting. The store in Philadelphia carries very minimal produce, but if I am serious about produce shopping, there are other, independent stores in the area that I would go to. (I don't cook much these days, so mostly I am not serious about produce.)

Old 02-27-2007, 07:02 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
OMG, Tigerlily, someone who knows the wonderful places in Portland! Do you remember Nature's on Division St., turned into something else--Wild Oats? But love New Seasons also. My sister and I would go to the one in Sellwood, and another one in NW. But my alltime favorite was the old Peoples Market on 21st (?). They have remodeled and now much newer and nicer. I used to be part of their coop many years ago when I was a starving student at PSU. Great memories!
Hi Lilypad. We moved to Portland in 1993. DH is a native Oregonian. I used to live in Sellwood before I moved to the northwest side. Yes, I used to shop at Nature's on Division. I don't remember People's Market, but I get my hair cut on 23rd. I'll miss lots of things about Portland, including New Seasons, just not the weather.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment 07 View Post
Keep going! I am making a shopping list for next time.

What about their soups? I almost bought a small plastic tub of lemon curry chicken soup over in the prepared salads section. Tonight, I wish I had.
I buy all their organic canned soups. Barley Vegetable my favorite. I loved the frozen onion soup until I read the ingredients and found it had beef broth and I don't eat beef. I made the truffle brownies today. Also buy the frozen rices mentioned above both brown and jasmine. I also the Garlic Naan Bread.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:09 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,745,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingfortheperfectplace View Post
If you don't like soy products, watch out when buying ice cream or cheese. I accidently bought soy cheese and soy ice cream one time - yuck!
Easy there, when it comes to cheese and ice cream I only eat the soy kind. Sure beats the bodily secretion of a cow.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Easy there, when it comes to cheese and ice cream I only eat the soy kind. Sure beats the bodily secretion of a cow.
We stopped eating ice cream althogether. Now, if we try to eat it makes us sick.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 AM

892 posts, read 2,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
different strokes for different folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink