Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 07:20 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,025,114 times

Advertisements

Whole Foods in my area sells frozen pizzas from a local company. The owner is usually in the store on Saturday giving out samples. Like CMichele, I buy cheese pizza and treat it like a blank slate--adding my own fresh veggies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 07:23 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nALgirl View Post
Whole Foods in my area sells frozen pizzas from a local company. The owner is usually in the store on Saturday giving out samples. Like CMichele, I buy cheese pizza and treat it like a blank slate--adding my own fresh veggies.

That is a great idea! I always like to buy local, and I wish more stores would feature local products.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:29 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nALgirl View Post
That's what I would sometimes do: buy plain thin crust pizza and add my own toppings. Or just made pizza from scratch at home. It is not difficult at all...

Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
We don't usually buy frozen pizza anymore, but once in a while we'll get Stouffer's french bread pizza. I think Stouffer's is one of the best lines of frozen food.

EDIT: Or tastiest, I should say.
I think the quality of those hasn't been too bad over the decades. I don't eat them often but usually have a pack or 2 in the freezer, if I don't feel like cooking or going out.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
If you have teenagers, frozen pizza is a food group. I would buy them at Costco, each week, and they were gone by the end of the week. I don't eat frozen pizza, I have had a few pieces here and there...but not my choice. I am not even sure what brand it is at Costco I used to buy...but the cost was like $10 for four pizzas! Pretty good. And each boy could have his own personal pizza, and put whatever he wanted on it...they liked canned olives, pineapple, and bacon.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:25 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,929,893 times
You can buy premade crusts already, and then just buy tomato sauce, and mozzarella separately. Assemble your own pizza, and cook it in the oven (which takes the same amount of time to cook anyway as a frozen pizza). You'll be consuming far less artificial ingredients and preservatives.

But it is fun to learn how to make your own pizza from actual flour, yeast, and vine tomatoes. Even learning how to make mozz is fun.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
We don't buy frozen pizza that much anymore, we used to buy Jack's or Tombstone quite a bit. Now with Little Caesers down the road, for $5 you can pick up a hot pizza on the way home from the drive thru, the kids are happy, that's all that matters, quieting the chaos.
I tried World Table, philly steak thin crust and that was really good.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:41 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
I only buy organic thin crust pizzas - sometimes plain or margherita and add my own veggies, sometimes with veggies on it. My favorite supermarket (Publix) has come out with their own natural organic line of frozen pizzas that are out of this world. No, none of these are the cheapest, but definitely the best. I am diabetic and can't eat too much pizza, so when I want some these really fill the bill. I don't make my own crust anymore because I just never could get it thin enough.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:33 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlinaz View Post
We get the Totinos (sp?) pizzas because they are only $1.
My 13 yr. old likes Totinos too, for a frozen, cheap pizza. I sometimes add extra mozzarella.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:20 PM

986 posts, read 1,666,301 times
I prefer to make my own pizza instead of buying frozen - but - I was moving and didn't have utensils/cookware/ingredients, etc. I picked up a Wal Mart Marketside Pizza (it's their version of take and bake) because it was late and the only store open.

It was surprisingly good - hey, don't judge me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink