U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 07:43 PM

849 posts, read 1,708,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
It looks like 3 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

do you have a camera phone? that works just fine!
You are right. They are three cookies with oatmeal, chocolate chips, walnuts, coconuts and rice crispies. My DD's favorite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 10:23 PM

18,093 posts, read 20,058,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
It looks like 3 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

do you have a camera phone? that works just fine!
No I am electronically deprived I told Santa, the Easter bunny, tooth fairy, mother's day warriors and birthday people but nobody gets the hints.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:31 PM

5,683 posts, read 8,880,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
No I am electronically deprived I told Santa, the Easter bunny, tooth fairy, mother's day warriors and birthday people but nobody gets the hints.
Well, I don't think that's as bad as having the technology in hand and not knowing how to use it. I'm such a Luddite that the spouse had to get me the kind of phone that ONLY places and receives calls, just so I could answer the silly thing. I've been told that there's voicemail on it, too, but you couldn't prove it by me; I've not a clue how to get to it. And as far as extracting photos out of the digital camera and putting them where I can make prints or email them is concerned, well, it's something like expecting Christopher Columbus to navigate by dead reckoning to the moon and back. Theoretically possible, but it ain't happening in this lifetime.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 12-14-2008 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: grammatical error

Old 12-14-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Well, I don't think that's as bad as having the technology in hand and not knowing how to use it. I'm such a Luddite that the spouse had to get me the kind of phone that ONLY places and receives calls, just so I could answer the silly thing. I've been told that there's voicemail on it, too, but you couldn't prove it by me; I've not a clue how to get to it. And as far as extracting photos out of the digital camera and putting them where I can make prints or email them is concerned, well, it's something like expecting Christopher Columbus to navigate by dead reckoning to the moon and back. Theoretically possible, but it ain't happening in this lifetime.
See now I had to come to another thread to regain my composure and you have me tickled in here too! I use to have a Motorola cell phone that I knew how to use and it had VM and other features, no camera but never used up the minutes monthly so I cancelled the silly thing after having it about 10 years with one carrier. Now we have a trac phone you put minutes on for emergencies that I let the kids answer! I never know if I am hitting the right buttons on it either MWBW. I use to laugh at my mother not knowing how to reset her VCR so it would quit blinking after a power outage. She is now, I am sure, laughing at me from heaven saying "pay backs aren't funny huh Jaxson?".

Old 12-15-2008, 06:09 AM

849 posts, read 1,708,107 times
Last night's country style ribs. Cooked with 4 onions.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:09 PM

9,718 posts, read 5,646,791 times
Oh please...........stop it. I'm starving now
It's bad enough when I read the recipes and now I can actually see the food.
They look yummy

Old 12-16-2008, 07:06 PM

3,872 posts, read 7,601,528 times
Here's the tray I made for my neighbor.

In the little paper xmas cups is the scooby snacks. There are 3 haystacks/chowmein cookies (whatever you want to call them) and some chocolate covered toffee scattered around. The white balls are cake balls - french vanilla cake mixed with white chocolate almond frosting and covered w/ vanilla candy coating (freakishly good). There's ritz cracker sandwiches w/ peanut butter covered in chocolate, and some oreo truffles. Obviously some sugar cookies w/ frosting (my all time favorite xmas treat)! I forgot to get the candy so there's some empty spots on the tray.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:01 PM

3,367 posts, read 9,865,827 times
Christmas gifts getting ready for collection/delivery. Stained glass cookies and chocolate nut fudge - I can't decide if I should wrap the fudge yet... waiting for my advisor to call ...

Old 12-16-2008, 08:31 PM

southdown looks fabulous! Great job! I posted a reply to you on the other thread.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:02 AM

28,227 posts, read 19,213,228 times
Southdown-looks delicious. My address is..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or