Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?
Subway 68 38.20%
Quiznos 61 34.27%
Jimmy John's 49 27.53%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 06:56 PM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
844 posts, read 1,626,105 times

Advertisements

Subway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 10:35 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,709,285 times
Jimmy John's: Never heard of them
Quiznos: Pretty good, I mostly ordered there because they deliver
Subway: great for the price

Old 01-18-2010, 07:19 PM

559 posts, read 651,042 times
I like Subway, and Quiznos about the same.

I've never heard of Jimmy John's...

Old 01-18-2010, 08:30 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,932 times
I hate sandwich chains. I can make a kick @ss sandwich at home! Quiznos is overpriced, I have never tried Jimmy Johns and Subway gives you more lettuce and tomatoes on their boring sandwiches than anything else.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:43 PM

467 posts, read 713,059 times
Quiznos most definitely. They give you more meat than both places even if you ask for extra meat. The extra stuff is great as well, and you get what you pay for.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:53 AM

19,514 posts, read 9,534,290 times
I can't comment on Jimmy John's. Never heard of that until I saw this post. Don't have any near us. Have never seen any in my travels either.
Where does one find them?

Subway - Very chincy on the meats but they sure pile on that lettuce.
Altho someone mentioned their chicken breasts are tasty and better for the price compared to the other subs they have.
Liked their tuna wraps when they HAD them

Quiznos - Just usually get the chopped salads and chili. On occasion, the bullet. Will have to specifically ask for the sub next time so I can make a true comparative analysis between the subs there and at Subway.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:35 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,606,173 times
is there any blimpies still around

Old 01-19-2010, 09:14 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times
We still have Blimpie here in my area in south Florida
How can some posters be complaining about Subway sandwiches being all lettuce? YOU tell them what you want on it and how much you want. Subway is the best, in my opinion. I find that they do give you enough meat on the sandwich as well. Their tuna subs are the greatest

Old 01-19-2010, 09:26 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,487,281 times
Subway > Quiznos > Jimmy Johns imo

Jimmy Johns usually has hard bread, they use "sprouts" instead of lettuce, and their "hot peppers" are not hot.

Quiznos is subject to the good ole "feast or famine," meaning I have had a really good sub from there but also had a really bad sub.

Subway is the best imo, and I really enjoy their meatball sub, among other various items off their menu. When I go though, I ask for the "old shool cut," where the cut a U shape in the middle of the bread and take out the middle chunk. That way you get a more even bite insted of all the meat going to one side and all the extras going to the other side. I have about a 50% success rate with the person behind the counter knowing what the "old school cut" is.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:39 AM

19,514 posts, read 9,534,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
We still have Blimpie here in my area in south Florida
How can some posters be complaining about Subway sandwiches being all lettuce? YOU tell them what you want on it and how much you want. Subway is the best, in my opinion. I find that they do give you enough meat on the sandwich as well. Their tuna subs are the greatest
Try telling them you want an extra slice or two of the meat and they'll charge you extra for it.
Nope, not a big fan of Subway. Sorry. Maybe they're ok where YOU live.
When a new one comes in and they're not "trained" they'll put the meat on there. It didn't take but a few months before that changed. Had a couple nice ones to go to in DC, but that changed too. When they made their tuna in that big container, someone must have added half a ton of salt. Blleech. Spit,, spit. Sure I mentioned it. Did that do any good? NO!!!
Thought I'd give them another shot, and same-o, same-o. Guess people like their salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink