Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:12 AM

53 posts, read 174,697 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else make Kefir? I love it and have been making it since Aug so I guess I am hooked. Its so easy to make and the taste is wonderful. The family won't give it a try so all the more for me. Jus wondering if anyone else out there make their own.
I also make my own Kombucha Tea. The won't try that either. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 09:37 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
I wish someone around here had an extra Kombucha mushroom so I could start making my own - it is sooo good! I've also had real kefir before, it is very common in Croatia as a breakfast item. The only kefir they sell in the stores around here are all flavored with fruits (and lots of sugar). I'm sure the natural stuff is much healthier.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:59 PM

625 posts, read 1,586,283 times
I totally agree with you all. If I could just get some good Kefir or some Kombucha Tea I would be a happy man...............not really; I ain't got a clue what either of them are, I just liked the way the words sounded and decided to toss in some wordy coverup to allow me to use them.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:39 PM

622 posts, read 1,724,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teardrop1955 View Post
Does anyone else make Kefir? I love it and have been making it since Aug so I guess I am hooked. Its so easy to make and the taste is wonderful. The family won't give it a try so all the more for me. Jus wondering if anyone else out there make their own.
I also make my own Kombucha Tea. The won't try that either. lol.
I make Kefir!

Old 12-20-2008, 10:52 AM

124 posts, read 461,866 times
I made kefir for awhile but it got a bit expensive and out of control because it just kept growing! I went through way too much milk so now I just buy it at the store. A copout I know, but it works for now.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 5,825 times
hello, I live in bristol and i have some extra brasilian kefir... just let me know if you guys need some see ya

Old 01-03-2009, 08:07 PM

622 posts, read 1,724,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliema View Post
I made kefir for awhile but it got a bit expensive and out of control because it just kept growing! I went through way too much milk so now I just buy it at the store. A copout I know, but it works for now.
You have to ruthless and cull your kefir! lol Give it away, eat it, turn it into water kefir. I know how much I need and that's it. Kefir works for me! mwah haha!!

Old 03-22-2009, 03:03 PM

98 posts, read 197,735 times
Hi,
Do you have any extra Kefir starter & directions to part with? I live in Ellwood City, PA. I raise dairy goats and would LOVE to get started with Kefir, as I have wayyyy to much milk right now. Please let me know how much for postage and such, if you could help me out!Thanks! Liz

Old 08-04-2009, 05:16 PM

3 posts, read 9,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshire View Post
Hi,
Do you have any extra Kefir starter & directions to part with? I live in Ellwood City, PA. I raise dairy goats and would LOVE to get started with Kefir, as I have wayyyy to much milk right now. Please let me know how much for postage and such, if you could help me out!Thanks! Liz
greetings liz,
your message was dated back in March. Just found it & am wondering if you ever got started making kefir from goat milk? I just made my first batch of (cow milk) kefir & am still figuring it out. Years ago I had an Alpine dairy goat (Betty) who milked out almost a gallon a day. I was wondering about goat milk kefir. If I could get raw goat milk I'd like to try making kefir from it. Do you make any goat cheese? I wish I had gotten more into making cheese when I had Betty. I used to give the excess milk to the neighbors pig (who loved it!). I have learned to love goat cheese, especially the local feta. Cheers...Bon

Old 08-05-2009, 12:10 PM

4 posts, read 9,094 times
Default Kefir

Yes, I do make Kefir and love it. I'm looking for 'mother' kefir grains that someone has to share. I will be sharing mine as soon as I can get enough.
I did make the Kombucha but stopped because the high sugar content didn't agree with me. Good stuff, tho.
You can call me at 970-231-1200 if you have any to share, or I will be happy to purchase them as well

I also make my own Kombucha Tea. The won't try that either. lol.[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink