Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 07:45 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times

Advertisements

They had these long sub sandwiches at UCSD called "sandwich by the inch" - you could order just two inches of sandwich if that was all you could afford that day! I really liked this one on wheat sub bread that was made of apple slices and raisins and walnuts and cheddar cheese.

Probably sounds weird, but man I miss that sandwich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 08:15 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
They had these long sub sandwiches at UCSD called "sandwich by the inch" - you could order just two inches of sandwich if that was all you could afford that day! I really liked this one on wheat sub bread that was made of apple slices and raisins and walnuts and cheddar cheese.

Probably sounds weird, but man I miss that sandwich.
What a wonderful idea! LOL, I am "anti-fruit" when it comes to "cooked" food! This is probably weird too, but I have never liked "savory" food that involves fruit. Perhaps the juice is fine, but the fruit itself is not appetizing to me. Kind of like raisins in ANYTHING! I will eat raisins by themselves, but even baked in a cookie I cannot seem to like it. (the only exception would be a pineapple, or banana sandwich)!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:47 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
What a wonderful idea! LOL, I am "anti-fruit" when it comes to "cooked" food! This is probably weird too, but I have never liked "savory" food that involves fruit. Perhaps the juice is fine, but the fruit itself is not appetizing to me. Kind of like raisins in ANYTHING! I will eat raisins by themselves, but even baked in a cookie I cannot seem to like it. (the only exception would be a pineapple, or banana sandwich)!
Me too. It may be the "southerness" in me, but fruit and nuts are not meant to be mixed with meat. My grandmother puts apples in her tuna salad, I don't know where she got that from, yuck!

Old 02-08-2009, 09:18 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Default The correct way to eat Vienna Sausages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Nope - You must open the can, shake off the glop - dump them onto a paper plate with a large mound of mayo - pick one up and then proceed to double, triple, quadruple dip until it is gone. Repeat. Crackers are for weenies! HA!
Shaking off the glop is like discarding chicken skins. It removes the best part. Take a can or two of Vienna Sausage of the brand of your choice. It should be cool enough to insure that the glop is not runny. Then insert a fork, remove, and eat as you remove them. A Vienna Sausage is one of Nature's perfect foods; treat it as such.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:35 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
... A Vienna Sausage is one of Nature's perfect foods; treat it as such ...
Look at this from The 99 Cent Chef

YouTube - Corn Dog Party With The 99 Cent Chef

Old 02-08-2009, 09:38 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Shaking off the glop is like discarding chicken skins. It removes the best part. Take a can or two of Vienna Sausage of the brand of your choice. It should be cool enough to insure that the glop is not runny. Then insert a fork, remove, and eat as you remove them. A Vienna Sausage is one of Nature's perfect foods; treat it as such.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:38 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Great link!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 AM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
That was great! I love the fancy camera work too.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:01 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
That was great! I love the fancy camera work too.
Yep you get what you pay for I like the gal in the background getting a bottle of wine outta the fridge behind the last sampler

Old 02-09-2009, 08:55 PM

17 posts, read 39,116 times
I over-drench most of my food with tomato ketchup. Most of them are fried foods like chicken, tofu, nuggets, etc. Others are grilled-cheese sandwich, beef jerky, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink