Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 01:06 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times

Advertisements

We have our first ALDI in the area. The complaint that I have heard is that they are only open from 9:00am till 9:00pm. For me, if I am going to any supermarket it will normally be at 6:00am when all the other supermarkets open. I hate being in a store with lots of people and find this to be the perfect time. That includes our Walmart. I understand that Walmart is open 24 hours in some places. Not in my area. We have 4 area Walmarts and they close at 11:00pm and open at 6:00am. I only go at 6:00am

My sister in law lives near the ALDI and it would be a benefit to her, only thing is she has to get in before 9:00am. By then she is at her first job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 01:07 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I could very well be wrong about the reason for remodeling but our Aldi's by my house in Chicago has been closed and remodeled 3 times in 13 years. I think it might be because of pantry moths because back when I use to shop there, I would see little moths flying all over my house. At that time I didn't even know what they were! Anyway, eventually I opened a box of crackers, (bought and never opened) inside the SEALED packages were bodies of moths BAKED into the crackers!!! I almost fainted, threw out everything I had bought from them and never went back but would drive by the store every day on the way to work and would see they closed the store 3 times after that. I think maybe the main place where they bake their goods must be infested with moths and they spread them to all their stores. Just my opinion but they could not pay me to shop there.
Aldi is doing remodels on 1300 stores by 2020 because Lidl has come to the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink