Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like eating at fast-food restaurants??
Yes 19 37.25%
No 32 62.75%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 01:26 AM

378 posts, read 1,206,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway29south View Post
Once in a while, a small McDonald's hamburger will settle my stomach if I don't feel well. Weird but it helps.
Otherwise, I try to avoid any fast food. It's not easy with little kids, but we try!

Does Subway count as fast food? I love that place.
McD's does seems to have a hangover cure patented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
"Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser. Excellent book; picked it up on a whim looking for light reading by the pool last summer.

Completely turned me off fast food, like turning a switch - and trust me when I say that I was no stranger to Burger King. (Or Wendy's and Taco Bell. Never was a huge McD's fan)

I can't recommend it enough.
Yes, I didn't eat McD's for about a year and a half after reading that. Still only eat it when I travel for work, and I'm not sure where else is decent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,142,567 times
Yes, Drive through only.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:27 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Do I like it? No

Do I do it? Yes

Burgerville is about the only one I can stand anymore if I don't have the stomach flu. Maybe Taco bell if I've completely forgotten why I made the resolution to not eat there the time before.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:41 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
I don't like any of the fast food restaurants.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,744 times
I much prefer to prepare my own food than eat out anywhere.
But, when I head into civilization for my twice monthly shopping trip, I always go to Jack-in-the-Box for an order of 2 for 99 cent tacos. They are so not like a real taco. They are in their own class of crispy cheesy spicy satisfying junk food goodness.
I haven't eaten any other sort of fast food in many years.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:47 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,526,545 times
Love McD's cheeseburgers and I have a hankering for a Filet-o-fish now (because of that crazy funny mounted fish commercial). But I only get to McD's a few times a year. Thank god.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:54 PM

30 posts, read 84,701 times
Too many bad incidents ranging from whole cockroaches in my Big Mac at McDonald's to my last incident of bleach poisoning (sour cream) at Taco Bell over two years ago. I do hit up Starbucks a lot though and occasion Popeye's every three or four months. It's healthier avoiding them anyways.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:41 AM

7 posts, read 16,694 times
I do like eating at fast food restaurant, but once in while
but you know what earlier frequently i used to go, but it affected really bad on my health

Old 03-17-2009, 03:37 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,459,152 times
I love Wendy's and we have a local chain here, Zippy's.

My boyfriend loves fast food and is constantly getting stuff from Mcdonalds or Burger King. I can't believe how SMALL the burgers are, but still they pack in the calories. Also, I have been spoiled with really good fries at work, so I don't love the fries there. Still....I will eat WAY too many fries if put in front of me.

I also love subway- is that considered fast food?

Old 03-17-2009, 04:50 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Not especially but they have their uses like if you are in a real hurry.

We often have about 10 minutes to grab something before we go to the theatre and fast food does come in handy. I do avoid it if I can though. It is much better in the US as you do have a lot more choices, some of them healthier than others. Here in the UK it is pretty much Mc Donalds, or Burger King/KFC in bigger cities. And that's it. And neither of the above appeal a great deal I must say.

I dream of a fast food restaurant which would serve nothing but Japanese food, soups and salads. That would be something I would truly appreciate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink