Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 04:34 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,547 times

Advertisements

[quote=kelsie;8667125]Phew! What a day!

So after a lovely conversation with Cyn last night, I saw that I had a message from my mil in So. Jersey, my dh also had a message and he started laughing. We are the half way mark from So. Jersey to Disney. Well Hotel Kelsie is hosting dinner and sleeping quarters Sat. night for mil, sil, bil, they will be leaving after breakfast Sun. Received another phone call from D #2, they are leaving So. Jersey for Disney also but on Sun. They will be staying at Hotel Kelsie the following Sat. on their return trip from Disney. Everytime I try to get away-----they pull me back in.

[quote]

Maybe we won't retire to NC after all. LOL

Old 05-05-2009, 04:41 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,916 times
Hi everybody. Sorry I can't read all the previous posts to catch up but hopefully soon I will. I'm sure all your dinners were wonderful.

I'm so glad DH is home but I must say I'm beat. Don't get a chance to sit down much and "goof off", always seem to be running around like a chicken without a head

I made dinner last night.........Fajitas..........horrible. The meat was so tough I barely could chew it and I marinated it for hours. Oh well, the peppers, onions, avocado and sour cream were good

My sweet neighbor brought over a lasagna so that is dinner for tonight.
Have a great evening.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:56 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Kelsie- It sounds like a crazy and fantastic weekend for you. I'm sure it will be hectic but I know you will love it.

cyn- That is so sweet that Kelsie sent her book. We'll all have to get her book and start cooking. Do you think some of us ok cookers will be as good as Kelsie, lol?

elston- Have a wonderful evening.

HG- I love the "kissaversary"

Thanks all for sharing your wonderful "love" stories. Mine didn't start out as a love story because I met my DH when I was 9. Long story short we found each other "as a couple" later in life and have been together 24/7 for the past 11 1/2 years. He's my soul mate.

I made a roast chicken for dinner. The house smells wonderful. DH had a leg and thigh. o far I'm not hungry so maybe I'll pick a little later on. Chicken salad sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:05 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Junk tacos. I'm throwing cooked ground beef, ranch style beans, tomato sauce into a pot and seasoning with a little seasoned salt. I may throw in some corn. I'm putting it in some tortillas and topping with cheese. MMMMMMMMMMMMM.
That sounds good to me right now. I am kinda tired of the leftovers, but we have so much already cooked, I just can't justify cooking anything else - of course if DH really wanted something....Hmmmmm.......I think I have a plan!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 05:13 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Plan B got modified with fresh broccoli instead of little green peas. And a special treat was fresh mango served as a veggie.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:52 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Nite all-cheese omelets (cooked bi Mr L.), canadian bacon hit the spot.

Hope tomorrow's out but not sure..

Old 05-05-2009, 06:16 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,794,241 times
Tonight's dinner was Belgian waffles with strawberries and freshly whipped cream.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:28 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Gosh everything sounds great in here tonight! I am in lockdown but George you had me rolling my kid thought I was losing it for a minute.

DD changed her mind she wanted goulash so spaghetti will be later this week or next week now. I made a big pot hope DS drops by to get a to go container.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:40 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Hotel Gerania I lived in NC for a time and had relatives, friends in PA and FL. I was the stopover point. ...leaving the light on for you.

[quote=HawaiiLover;8667596][quote=kelsie;8667125]Phew! What a day!

So after a lovely conversation with Cyn last night, I saw that I had a message from my mil in So. Jersey, my dh also had a message and he started laughing. We are the half way mark from So. Jersey to Disney. Well Hotel Kelsie is hosting dinner and sleeping quarters Sat. night for mil, sil, bil, they will be leaving after breakfast Sun. Received another phone call from D #2, they are leaving So. Jersey for Disney also but on Sun. They will be staying at Hotel Kelsie the following Sat. on their return trip from Disney. Everytime I try to get away-----they pull me back in.

Quote:

Maybe we won't retire to NC after all. LOL

Old 05-05-2009, 08:58 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
I, too, loved the "kissaversary" stories! And I have fond, fond memories of the front seat of an old blue Dodge that I am sure has long since gone to the crusher....

Goodness, Kelsie, but you'll be busy this week! I hope you're taking time for fun for yourself, too; enjoy them as well as cooking and cleaning for them.

Our weekly dinner guests joined us for supper tonight, actually the first time in a couple of weeks; a week ago tonight I was still sipping Gatorade and nibbling saltines, so we put off the usual supper together for a week. I suspect that both they and I were happier that way.

The spouse fixed a dish that he saw recently on TV and thought sounded intriguing. It was quick-grilled duck with a cherry sauce, and it wasn't bad at all. I'm not sure it was worth the time, fussing and expense, but it wasn't bad. Our dinner guests had never had duck before, and found it quite rich, but seemed to enjoy it. Sides were parsleyed potatoes and spinach from the Farmers' Market, with ice cream for dessert. Very tasty, and lots of fun.

Dishes still await, so good night, all, see you tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink