Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 05:01 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times

Advertisements

Murphy and the rain stayed far enough away I got grilled burger and even extra helping of my wife's potato salad with a cucumber stick. I skipped the pie and cake. Sounded yucky....Any way we are home again and are no longer a threat to anyone walking on the side walks....

Old 05-17-2009, 05:25 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,634,161 times
Grilled pork chops that have been marinating in a tantalizing pineapple marinade all night, fried potatoes, and salad with my fresh made ranch dressing. A couple of cold RC's for the kids, a glass (or two) of cheap but chilled Barefoot Chardonnay for me. It was a stressful day, but it's getting better already!

Pumpkin pie from my Angelfood care package with whipped cream for dessert. Ahhhhh.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:32 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Nothing leftover, wife out of town, to many decisions...I just might opt for a PB&J and call it supper.
One of my favs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Poor white "furry child" is looking like what the &*@# is going on in this place, I'm leaving.
Kels - honey, you do need a vacation! You really ARE the hostess with the mostess! I am impressed with your graciousness!

Lisa - I admire anyone who can grow something that doesn't die! LOL I have a "black" thumb when it comes to that!

We had pork ribs that I cooked in the slow cooker w/ some Sweet Baby Ray's! Yum! Add to that crowder peas with a little ham, potatoes and vidalias cooked together, cornbread and cole slaw, and some left over spanish rice. I now have dinner for a week!

Old 05-17-2009, 06:38 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,945,533 times
Hi foodies! Had an Italian Grinder for lunch and I am still full, so I am not cooking dinner tonight.

Everyone else's sounds good!

Have a great day!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:30 PM

38,886 posts, read 22,870,508 times
I had a chicken salad made with large chunks of broiled chicken breast, lettuce, sliced strawberries and dried cranberries. The salad dressing was Trader Joe's cranberry walnut gorgonzola. Delicious!

Old 05-17-2009, 09:01 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,170 times
Howdy, all, thought I'd check in before all you-know-what breaks loose this week. Welcome to the new-comers and returnees; hope you stick around. This is unquestionably the warmest, friendliest and most welcoming thread on CD. And besides, it's about food - how can you go wrong?!

Never got back last night with an update, I realized at some point today, which was a sad omission, as it was really good. We got some pork chops and rhubarb at the Farmers' Market yesterday morning, so the spouse grilled up the chops, made a little pan of stewed rhubarb as a dipping sauce for the pork, and we had green beans cooked with onions and bacon fat for a side. Really, really yummy.

Today was another chaotic day, though at least I didn't spend most of the day at the office (which is where I was for a good part of yesterday). We had the final pre-convention planning meeting, which went relatively well, thankfully. Then the spouse and I tackled the yard, since we won't be here next weekend to mow, weed, plant, water, etc., and we got a lot done. He got his tomato garden turned over, peat moss and manure tilled in, and the tomatoes planted, while I weeded the front garden bed, put in a dozen pansies and mowed the front yard. And then we went grocery shopping, put everything away, dragged out the plastic tub that we use to haul stuff to the convention each year, and started filling that.

And once all that was done, it was nearly 7:00, so we had carryout Chinese food for supper. It was wonderful, and it means that there are hardly any dishes to wash.

Speaking of dishes, that's the next project, right after I move the spare bedroom sheets to the dryer (house guests during and after the convention). And after that, it's shower and bed, because this is going to be a wild week.

Good night, all, take care and behave yourselves at Cyn's table!

Old 05-17-2009, 09:18 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,311 times
Hello to all at the table The only thing I made this weekend was homemade lemonade I told hub and RD to pick some lemons for me for the lemonade. They came in with 2 buckets full (oh my gosh!!). I started cracking up! I said I am not making lemonade for the rest of the year ha ha ha. There is something great about lemonade that really came from a tree RD said next time we make it he wants to make a stand and sell it to all the neighbors. I told him that I thought that he had a great idea Money for the piggy bank and college fund. Lord knows what that is going to cost when we have to cross that bridge!
I am around the table just snacking on all your dinner ideas. No calories that way ha ha!! Wishing you all a wonderful week!

Oh and please keep my mom in your thoughts. She has a 4 hour road trip tomorrow, and a injured arm to be checked. Lets just hope it is nothing to serious. The last thing she needs is another hardship right now... Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 10:59 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Howdy foodies late getting in here since Survivor went for 3 hours. Then I had to clean up the kitchen afterwards~~do I sound like MWBW?

EM's supper reminded me of something........ have you eaten turkey pastrami? Our local meat guy use to carry it in his deli but the new owners don't. We can't find it at any other store around us whether big box store or not.

kelsie left a message for your furry kid! You are a wonderful hostess.

hollygolightly welcome to the dinner thread.

HL your supper sounded great get some rest from your busy day.

montannamom welcome also to a wonderful thread. Pork chops are my fav so you had a fabulous supper in my book.

kats that is my biggest flaw in cooking making enough for a week. I am trying really, really trying to cut down but it is hard when most of your life you have cooked for a big family.

dennismpat I welcome you as well to the dinner table. We don't have a Trader's Joe around my parts but sure wish we did from all the people posting about them.

MWBW enjoy your book convention and try to get some rest. Between your job hours and that I don't know how you have time to post to us.

amber did you have that earthquake near you tonight?????? Will keep cyn in our prayers for sure.

I need to get to bed school day tomorrow for some kiddos. Night all.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:10 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
My 4:30 PM supper is gone. I need to rummage something out of the kitchen as an add on...PB and crackers sounds good for now.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:32 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Happy Monday morning all.

Took tilapia out for tonight, mac n cheese for Mr. L and salad for me.

Didn't really over-do in the food dept. this weekend but not many heathy choices in MN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink