Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 06:17 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times

Advertisements

Crazy I am so glad that headache is gone.... I always get so worried for people when I hear they have headaches! I know how bad mine get and I know what pain that is..... glad it is over....

Good Luck on the cut Lisa.... I am sure it will be lovely....

Lacey enjoy the pork tonight....

You too Huckleberry.... roast pork

Amber... don't you feel lost when that happens.... tells me I have a problem! LOL

Nomad hope you are feeling better soon....

Chatterbox was up all night with growing pains so I am a bit loopey today.... tired for sure! Poor baby.... it was so sad. She gets them in her leg AND arms. I never got them that bad as a kid but my brother did and I remember him being in so much pain.... she just cries and cries... and tosses and turns.... meds and creams only go so far sometimes. She says she wants a PJ day- I think I do too!

Dinner tonight? Well it is Thursday so that means dinner in the dining room... but in all honesty I wouldn't mind slapping a pizza on those plates and making that our fancy meal.... I will shape up later in the afternoon.... LOL....

Ok.... off to drop Diva off....

Old 05-28-2009, 06:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
SKBS-nothing wrong with pizza in the DR!!!! Being in the DR trumps what you serve. Just set the table fancy.

This pork is smelling pretty good.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Way too much to catch up on yet again.... but sending cyber-hugs out to all my friends around Cyn's table this morning.

Last night's planned stir fry turned into Chinese noodle soup with baby bok choy and chicken, which hit the spot on a cool rainy evening. Mighty tasty, very low fat and extremely satisfying.

No clue yet about supper tonight. Our friend who's staying with us for a few post-convention days is heading back to NYC this afternoon, so it'll be just the two of us at the table, which may mean something very low-tech like grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. It'll be good no matter what it is.

Have a grand day, all, and happy eating!

Old 05-28-2009, 06:27 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
SKBS-nothing wrong with pizza in the DR!!!! Being in the DR trumps what you serve. Just set the table fancy.

This pork is smelling pretty good.
Thanks Lacey that makes me feel so much better.... after the night I had I am just EXHAUSTED..... to tired to think lol.......

Old 05-28-2009, 06:28 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
LOL, I know, right?! Now this is really sad, BUT, Dad also grows the most beautiful eggplant that we are ALWAYS going to do something great with, and it ends up being ornamental also!
So, if I showed up at your dad's house, would I be an ornamental Asian? I could just stand there looking pretty.

I wouldn't lay on the floor as I would be confused for an oriental rug. That's what I tell people. "I am not a rug, I am Asian."

Old 05-28-2009, 06:31 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Chatterbox was up all night with growing pains so I am a bit loopey today.... tired for sure! Poor baby.... it was so sad. She gets them in her leg AND arms. I never got them that bad as a kid but my brother did and I remember him being in so much pain.... she just cries and cries... and tosses and turns.... meds and creams only go so far sometimes. She says she wants a PJ day- I think I do too!

Dinner tonight? Well it is Thursday so that means dinner in the dining room... but in all honesty I wouldn't mind slapping a pizza on those plates and making that our fancy meal.... I will shape up later in the afternoon.... LOL....

Ok.... off to drop Diva off....
You are amazing! Don't know how you do it all. I would have to be medicated!

You so need to make a scrapbook of all the Chatterbox and Diva stories and gift them to them when they birth their first child. After reading the tales, I am sure that they will individually erect a shrine to you.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:48 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Funny.

Thanks skbs. My son used to have those leg pains and migraines (5 years old). It was heartbreaking.

I think you can have pizza in your dining room. Add a salad and light the candles. Doesn't matter what you have as long as you have it and the important people who have it with.

During our really "broke" years we used to do that with sandwiches or whatever. When you light the candles it always feels special and romantic. You remember the times not what you had. Anyway I digress.............

Have fun.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:05 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Good Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. It is already 79 degrees here so I think tonight's dinner will be simple Capallini (angel hair) and white clam sauce, Spring salad and crusty bread. Busy here this morning, I will check back with you later. kelsie

Old 05-28-2009, 08:07 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
Good morning all. Feeling better physcially today, but still feeling anxious. I hate that it can take up to two weeks for pathology results!

Anyway, to cheer myself up I am treating myself and BF to sushi tonight

Old 05-28-2009, 08:13 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
So, if I showed up at your dad's house, would I be an ornamental Asian? I could just stand there looking pretty.

I wouldn't lay on the floor as I would be confused for an oriental rug. That's what I tell people. "I am not a rug, I am Asian."
LOL Thanks for the laugh I needed it this morning. Hey my hubby and son go to karate. I could send them your way to deal with your crazy neighbor!!!! Hubby is always up for a road trip.

Dinner tonight is going to be a vat of veggie three bean chili. Hopefully all the chili powder will knock out the rest of this stupid cold our family is afflicted with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink