Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2009, 09:03 AM

479 posts, read 1,455,478 times

Advertisements

Hmmm...I'm almost wishing now that I wasn't already defrosting pork chops after reading the last few posts! But I like grilled pork chops seasoned with Adobo...so that's what we'll have tonight. You know, this is Florida and we grill almost everything in the summer.

Not sure of side dishes yet. Maybe a sweet potato for one. (I cook them in the microwave until done, then put them on the the grill (usually top shelf) to give them a little more flavor.)

Old 05-30-2009, 09:24 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
In one of my crazy food moods. Considering usings some of my pulled BBQ pork with some candied sweet potato on a ready made pizza crust. With extra cheese. I've done crazier....With jalapenos of course.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:44 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
Oh boy.... no wonder poor Chatterbox doesn't feel well! I'm killing her with kindness.... ugh.... Here I am thinking I am being a good mom giving her ice cream to make her feel better... giving her favorite foods here and there.... THEY are making her sick... I didn't realize some people go lactose intolerant when they get a stomach bug and can stay that way for up to like two weeks or more! Chatterbox I is one of them!!!! She is now also on a probiotic to help with it.... Bland diet for at least five days with NO DAIRY!!!! Amazing- this has been going on since the 22nd! She is bummed. I don't blame her.... but maybe now we will all be getting some more rest and her belly will be better. THank you all for the well wishes and crossed fingers....

Old 05-30-2009, 10:04 AM

4,343 posts, read 3,556,027 times
I'll be putting together some baked ziti with a house salad and boiled zucchini, which I'll sprinkle atop with parmesan.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:38 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Ahhhh, poor Chatterbox! Who would have thought?!! I sure wouldn't have.......
Sure hope it makes for a little more rest in your home now.
Boy, the schedules some of you keep make me tired just reading about them!
I am making goulash tonight. It is suppose to be a warm/hot day today and even though I have a/c I don't want to warm the kitchen any more then necessary. I went out first thing this AM and did some more weeding----all this rain really made the weeds grow overtime and being sick for those last days didn't help one bit! I'm about half done now.
Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:44 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,245,086 times
skbs: I am so glad you found out what is wrong with sweet baby girl, so you can go and have a good time tonight without worrying.

toosie, yes I make the long grain rice first and then cool completely before adding to the ground beef, hm tomato sauce, plenty of garlic and onion and spices & eggs. Roll in the par-cooked cabbage or peppers, place in crock-pot with the Reynold's crock-pot liner, (no cleanup) add more tomato sauce and simmer 8-10 hrs on low.

Actually toosie, normally I would make tonight's dinner in the Winter. We were invited to a friend's party last night & she had requested that I make stuffed cabbage for 10. I made them the other day and then the party was canceled--hence going out to dinner last night. So, I took all of the other stuffed cabbage's and put them in Food Saver Bags in the freezer for the fall.

Have a nice afternoon, I will see you later. kelsie

Last edited by kelsie; 05-30-2009 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: added text

Old 05-30-2009, 11:51 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
YLisa are you making the whole recipe just for you on those tomatoes? How about a chicken breast to go with it?

skbs just hope with the girls with your parents they will be distracted enough not to want to call mommy. Have fun on your date night!

ACTS I say you can never go wrong with pork chops baby!

Nomad that pizza doesn't sound half bad I don't know about the sweets being on it but the pulled pork is a thumbs up here.

cyn those weeds tend to grow quicker than anything huh?

It is overcast and dreary here so we are headed to the Y to go swim! We have a new one and just starting to use it so I'll be back to check in on ya all later.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:22 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Kelsie the cabbage rolls sound great. Some people make them with more of a lemony sauce so I wasn't sure which yours were. I like them both!

Sorry about Chatterbox's dairy issues!

We had Taco Bell for lunch. I know it's gross but we hardly ever have it and I do actually like their double decker tacos. Still not sure what we'll eat tonight. Or tomorrow night...

Old 05-30-2009, 03:40 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Decided after a long ride in the country. Scrambled eggs w/cheese, ham, english muffins. Easy enough (not as easy as ordering pizza tho.)

Old 05-30-2009, 04:12 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
SKBS - So glad you found out what is wrong with chatterbox!

Dinner tonight was boneless pork chops I pounded flat and then used 1/2 panko and 1/2 flour and then pan fried. Leftover mashed potatoes, gravy, cornbread, speckled butterbeans, tossed salad, sweet tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink