Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 10:16 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Well, hubby's blood sugar was fine, even a bit low, but his cholesterol was high. The doctor has him on Niacin to try and bring his triglycerides down, but guess I'll have to start cooking for lowering cholesterol (since mine is kind of high as well.)

Well, I have to go google heart healthy diets now. fun fun
My hubby was prescribed niancin also, had to stop taking it because it made him itchy. Doc said it was a common side effect.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:20 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,189,767 times
Dinner tonight was grilled cheese sandwiches with organic creamy tomato soup ( low sodium too! ). Easy but yummy!!!
Have a wonderful evening everyone!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
pot sticker
brocolli
tomatoes n pineapple

Old 06-03-2009, 10:43 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
My hubby was prescribed niancin also, had to stop taking it because it made him itchy. Doc said it was a common side effect.
Broke me out in hives so bad I was taken to the ER...I learned about it the hard way..... I try to eat niacin rich foods...

Old 06-03-2009, 11:25 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I think by now you all know how I feel about red meat.. HOWEVER! I LOVE CHICKEN FRIED STEAK!!!! I think it from my days of living in Oklahoma. I could just sit there and chow! I highly suggest trying it... with the white gravy and mashed potatoes.... it isn't chicken fried steack unless you have white gravy and mashed potatoes... imho
The actual difference between Country fried steak and Chicken fried steak is the gravy. Chicken fried steak gravy is the white cream gravy. Country fried steak gravy is brown! Aren't y'all glad I know this much useless information???

Dinner tonight - Mama and I went to a great Mexican restaurant and had margaritas - (poor Daddy was at home) she had the beef chimichanga, and I had the beef and bean nachos. We brought home over half of each in the doggy box! Wow, the portions were unreal. The food was so good, but the company was even better!

Old 06-04-2009, 01:41 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Up from not being able to sleep. All this talk about fried steaks has me hankering for some now. Last night we had the Italian sausages and mine had tons of my Vidalia onions on it. Tonight spaghetti has been requested I think DD might have a hollow leg when it comes to her sghetti.

burdell I am so glad you are enjoying your new digs.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:07 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Good morning all.

Burdell so happy you're settled and happy. Now send that NC karma my way so I can get there okay?

Reason for the aspargus overload was I just didn't feel like the hunk of beef and Mr. L's not an asp junkie like I am.

Tonight-out to Cheers-thankfully so no thinking.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:25 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Morning all

Denise, the same thing happened to my mom! Man it was fierce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
pot sticker
brocolli
tomatoes n pineapple
Huck, I always get a chuckle out of your haiku-like menu plans. Always leave em wanting more, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
The actual difference between Country fried steak and Chicken fried steak is the gravy. Chicken fried steak gravy is the white cream gravy. Country fried steak gravy is brown! Aren't y'all glad I know this much useless information???
Kats, I might have to start calling you Smilla. There's a movie called Smilla's Sense of Snow. In it, they make the point that whereas most people just see snow, the Inuit and other Eskimos have numerous names for snow depending on what kind of snow it is (not just snow or yellow snow LOL). That's like you and all these delectable gravies!

Tonight, we're hoping that the little BBQ stand is open so my guy can bring that home. Yep, there should be leftovers for tomorrow Finally getting some pulled pork!

Old 06-04-2009, 05:38 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Good afternoon everyone !

Toosie I love "Miss Smilla's sense of snow" ( book and movie) , I am like that with mineral water though people never believe me. All they see is water and to me they all taste so different. Maybe because it is my beverage of choice and I have 40 years of tasting under my belt !

It looks like Mussels with garlic, lemongrass , chili flakes ( I like spicy but not hot) and wine for us this evening with some crusty Bread and maybe a green salad with shallots and a nice vinaigrette.

It's lovely and sunny at the moment so we can eat in the garden which will be nice.

Everyone have a lovely, lovely day full of yummy treats and sunshine !

Old 06-04-2009, 05:57 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
Nomad that is horrible! Diva did that once and had to go to the ER! I felt so bad for her.... she itched so badly from head to toe... you poor thing.... (REASON FOR EDITING TOOK OUT THAT I HOPED NOMAD FELT BETTER) LOL THE READING TEACHER IN ME NEEDS TO READ BETTER.... hahaha I totally read that too fast....but Nomad I am glad you got it taken care of and Denise I am glad your Hubby is off the meds...

OK.... well! To answer Jaxson's question I am feeling much better... I can actually pick stuff up off the flloor now! Total improvement! LOL..... couldn't do that two days ago! Icing and not do anything too dumb (until tonight when I attempt to hit a bucket of balls with my dad).... Diva's belly is awesome- she isn't sick a bit. It all seems to be Chatterbox- but today she seems to be doing doing a little better. Hoping we are now on the mend!!!! Waiting for the results from the lab work today....

Tonight is meatloaf and mashed potatoes, broc and a salad.... quick and easy to make but yummy in the tummy!!!! LOL

Last edited by skbs; 06-04-2009 at 06:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink