Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2009, 02:05 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

I was just at the supermarket and saw that Progresso now has a box of PANKO which was on the shelf with the other bread crumbs....not in the Asian section. It was $2.53 which I think is less expensive than the panko brands in the asian section. (not sure of the comparison). So I know some of you have had trouble finding it.....I thnk it is "crossing over" into the more POP market.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:07 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Good to see you back here Amber---you were missed! I'm glad you had a wonderful time at your brothers and I am very sure he loved and so appreciated all that home cooking!! Especially with all the love it was made with. I've made potatoes like that from left over baked potatoes---they do turn out great and tasty.
Thanks for that information elston. Good to know!!

Old 03-28-2009, 02:46 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hey, amber, thanks for the risotto tips. I've printed it out, so who knows? I might get up the nerve to try it some day. What kind of grated cheese do you use?

I use baked potatoes for home fries, too. very good.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:05 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
A little while ago, I stopped by Scotty P's in Frisco, TX and had me a cheeseburger (they used grated cheese on theirs). Very tasty and Frisco's best burger.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:10 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
[b]WOW!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOODIE FRIENDS,[b] Kelsie got a Gold Star! How dumb, you all had to let me know, I never saw it yesterday. What a wonderful group of friends, I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful table.

Lacey, even though it is overcast have a wonderful wedding, this day is truly blessed.

Amber, so nice to see you back safe & sound.

Cyn, hugs

NMS: Last nights dinner of breaded baked shrimp & risotto even though delicious was interrupted for a bit. A Tornado decided to touch down a mile from our home at 6:15 EST. Where it hit is a major traffic road with construction on it, so it was one way on each side. No fatalities thank God, but hot power lines were blocking the cars. It took out part of a subdivision. We had just sat down to dinner when the alert came on the weather channel and the sirens started. Our "furry" child started gathering up all her toys from her toy box and started bringing them into the bedroom.
It was over in less then 5 mins. Boy, weather around the country has been something.

NMS: This is how I make my risotto, I put everything on the counter next to my range. This is the amount for 2.

1/2 c of Arborio rice
1/4 minced onion
4 T butter
2 T oo
Hot Chicken broth

melt butter & oo in pan, saute onions until golden approx. 3 mins., pour in rice, with a small ladle of c. b., stir until puffy 2 mins., keep adding ladles of c.b. stirring, as the rice keeps absorbing the c.b. keep adding more, stirring with a fork for 20 mins. If rice starts to stick, take pan off stove, stirring with more c. b. I added peas, and grated cheese & turemic for color.

If you have any ques. just dm me. Enjoy

Lisa, went to Sam's club, so much for shopping at home. The Rot. chicken comes in with the spices on them, so she didn't know what spices they were.

Dinner tonight will be Rot chicken (ala Sam's) mashed potatoes and some kind of vegetable.

I'll catch up with all later. kelsie

NMS it was Kelsie who had the helpfull hints Thanks for the welcome backs What about fresh grated parm?

Old 03-28-2009, 03:40 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Hi everyone.

Unfortunately, my daughter did not get to take the baby home today. She was hysterical. Apparently the baby is having some breathing issues (all of a sudden?) so they are monitoring her and don't want to discharge her until they are sure she is fine. Although, it is good that she is monitored in the hospital, it is heartwrenching to be leaving w/o your baby. I had to with this daughter back 25 yrs ago. Really stinks. Felt bad when we pulled in to a big stork sign welcoming the little one.

I will post in the prayer thread.

Dinner? Hmmm, what's that?

Old 03-28-2009, 04:50 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I was just at the supermarket and saw that Progresso now has a box of PANKO which was on the shelf with the other bread crumbs....not in the Asian section. It was $2.53 which I think is less expensive than the panko brands in the asian section. (not sure of the comparison). So I know some of you have had trouble finding it.....I thnk it is "crossing over" into the more POP market.
I saw those in Winn Dixie here last week and bought some! Forgot to tell y'all that I finally joined the "
Panko Crew"! LOL Now, all i have to do is use them!

Kelsie - so sorry about your weather! We have had flashflooding and thunder/lightening all day. A few tornadoes touched down around our county, but not any near as close as the one you had! Stay safe!

Amber - So very good to see you! Glad you are home safe.

Lacey - I hope everything else will go perfectly for you!

Kimba - So sorry you couldn't take the baby home! Please keep us posted!

Everyone I have missed, be safe!

Old 03-28-2009, 05:08 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
amber welcome back you have been missed around the table girlie. You can also cube up those baked potatoes & brown them in oil in a skillet. When golden add scrambled eggs to the potatoes keep stirring for a hearty breakfast. Grew up always baking extras so we could have this for breakfast.

Nomad I bet your meat came out nice! Made my mouth water reading it.

kelsie you mean you didn't have to put on shades because of your star? Glad you are safe tis the season for tornados.

elston thanks for that Panko update I will look to see if our market has it next time. I hope it is cheaper than the Iron Chef brand they carry.

kimba you must eat even with all that is going on you want to be ready for that baby coming home!

My bunch decided they wanted breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches with home fries for supper. They get to eat in the living room when we have sandwiches sometimes so they wanted to watch Australia which is a loooooooooong movie.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:34 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
You are all so wonderful, thank you for your thoughts. Well we are in Tornado alert again tonight until 12:00 EST. Fluffy while doggie, is at her trainers to get her monthly grooming, last nights Tornado was coming over their home when it veered and went into the vacant lot across the street and touched down.

Dinner tonight complements of Sam's club, rot. chicken sandwiches. I knew it wasn't going to last shopping in my home.

My star looks beautiful, thank you so much.

Have a safe, wonderful night all my foodie friends. kelsie

Old 03-28-2009, 05:37 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
NMS it was Kelsie who had the helpfull hints Thanks for the welcome backs What about fresh grated parm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
You are all so wonderful, thank you for your thoughts. Well we are in Tornado alert again tonight until 12:00 EST. Fluffy while doggie, is at her trainers to get her monthly grooming, last nights Tornado was coming over their home when it veered and went into the vacant lot across the street and touched down.

Dinner tonight complements of Sam's club, rot. chicken sandwiches. I knew it wasn't going to last shopping in my home.

My star looks beautiful, thank you so much.

Have a safe, wonderful night all my foodie friends. kelsie
Please forgive my senior moment, you two. I'm so embarrassed.

I'm sure I will be trying the risotto sometime in the future. I don't know how near the future is, but I will get my act together, I swear.

Kelsie, be safe, ok???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Hi everyone.

Unfortunately, my daughter did not get to take the baby home today. She was hysterical. Apparently the baby is having some breathing issues (all of a sudden?) so they are monitoring her and don't want to discharge her until they are sure she is fine. Although, it is good that she is monitored in the hospital, it is heartwrenching to be leaving w/o your baby. I had to with this daughter back 25 yrs ago. Really stinks. Felt bad when we pulled in to a big stork sign welcoming the little one.

I will post in the prayer thread.

Dinner? Hmmm, what's that?
Hang in there, Kimba. We've got your back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink