U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-28-2009, 05:56 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,396,963 times
Chili cheese fries tonight

Old 03-28-2009, 06:10 PM

131,641 posts, read 42,121,910 times
I have had a yucky tummy most of the day and have not tried to eat dinner. The pork roast looks perfect only I can face anything heavy right not. Not even the sweet potato or peas. I may try a small piece of the coconut pie later on. Something smooth and not spicy...The was not the week to run out of prilosec....

Old 03-28-2009, 06:17 PM

16,194 posts, read 18,538,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Dear heart- ALL of the many descendants and offshoots of "What's For Dinner????" are merely extensions of your original thread, no matter who happens to be the first one to post after midnight on the first of each month. We all know that.

This is your dinner table, and you are our very most favorite hostess - you simply cannot imagine how lonely it was at your dinner table when you took a break recently. Yes, all of our other family members were around the table, and we were all trying mightily to keep the mood going, the conversation lively and the laughter frequent, but there was a crucial element missing. We are so glad to welcome you back!

Never, ever believe that any of us will forget who started off the warmest, friendliest and most welcoming little haven in this whole enormous site: the gal with the heart as big as all outdoors, our beloved Cyn!
Ya, what she said!

Old 03-28-2009, 06:21 PM

20,428 posts, read 5,976,742 times
Boursin burgers and crispy crowns tonight. Late dinner.

AND yes to what they said

Old 03-28-2009, 06:22 PM

16,194 posts, read 18,538,901 times
We had a huge lunch at an artist's place in Florida, and now, at 8:15 pm, we're going out to find a big old dessert for dinner. We'll return to the real world on Tuesday, and I can't wait to start cooking again.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:47 PM

33,921 posts, read 10,785,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I have had a yucky tummy most of the day and have not tried to eat dinner. The pork roast looks perfect only I can face anything heavy right not. Not even the sweet potato or peas. I may try a small piece of the coconut pie later on. Something smooth and not spicy...The was not the week to run out of prilosec....
We had sweet potatoes with supper too.............I love em.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:39 PM

5,685 posts, read 5,316,002 times
Oh, what a terrible thing to happen with that lovely great slow-smoked pork roast, Noma! Wish I could send you some of my Prilosec so you could enjoy it; on the bright side, slow-smoked meat tastes as good warmed over as it does straight off the fire, so it'll be good whenever you get to it.

Kelsie, sending wishes for calmer weather for you there; we've lived through one tornado coming a whole lot closer than we wanted it to, and I don't think there's anything quite so scary.

Kimba, I'm talking to the universe about your tiny little treasure of a grandbaby, hoping that she gets the breathing thing figured out in a hurry. That's sort of a critical skill to have, after all, and while I can completely relate to your daughter's anxiety at leaving her in the hospital, it sounds like that's a very prudent and wise thing to do right now.

And Lacey, I've thought about you and Mr. L. and the family all day today, hoping that the great occasion went off perfectly, that everyone behaved themselves, and that the happy couple were joyfully feted, despite the rain and Mr. L.'s ill-fitting tuxedo. If those were the worst things that happened all day, then it must have been a spectacular success. Pass on our congrats to the happy couple - and safe travels as you head back to the Midwest. I'll wave to you in a couple of days as you pass through - and we'll do our best to be rid of the snow that's been falling here since about 4:00 this afternoon.

Pretty quiet day here, which was nice. We went out this afternoon to see our daughter and her boyfriend at their new apartment with the camera, as the daughter has been wanting a good photo of her new furry family member. I had fun shooting away at the dainty little beauty, who looks a bit like a long-haired Siamese and is exceptionally photogenic. I'm still trying to figure out this new digital age, so it took a lot of attempts to get a shot that I thought was even halfway decent, but the daughter was pleased with it, which is what's important.

Got back from visiting the kids a little after 5, and realized that we hadn't defrosted anything for supper, so decided to do something radical and go out. It had been a long time since we had pizza at our favorite local thin-crust pizzeria, so we girded up in coats and gloves, and braved the wet, sloppy snow that's falling thick and fast to drive down to the Roman Candle.

Had a lovely rich Roasted Red Pepper soup, thick with chunks of pepper, redolent with herbs, and with just enough zip in the back of the throat to take the chill out of the evening for both of us. We chose one of their specialty pizzas, one that has pesto instead of tomato sauce and is topped with a mixture of mozzarella and feta cheeses with broccoli, green pepper, bacon bits, roasted chicken breast and jalapenos. It was WONDERFUL, as always, and even better washed down with a Lake Louie Scotch Ale. We couldn't finish the pizza, so the spouse will have a great lunch one day this week from the final couple of slices.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:39 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,673,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
We had sweet potatoes with supper too.............I love em.

Nom nom nom, I love sweet potatoes! I had one tonight, too!

Old 03-28-2009, 08:00 PM

131,641 posts, read 42,121,910 times
Well I finally settled down and ate the sweet potato and peas. Then a small taste of the pork roast. Then a small serving of coconut cream pie in the chocolate crust. Without any excitement I hope to be fine. Going after prilosec early AM. Mean while have Tums.....

Old 03-28-2009, 08:00 PM

5,384 posts, read 6,680,738 times
well, I am exhausted.... my plans for the day were changed slightly... went to the movies as I had said.... then came home and got the deck furniture out... sat out there and enjoyed the sun for a bit....

Diva has become quite the artist (follows in her mom's foot step). So, I promised her I would give her my old Drawing Table.... it has been in the basement since I moved from my folk's just collecting dust....tsk tsk tsk on me and I would rather see her using it than the spiders casting webs on it.... So we spent the entire afternoon redoing her room to fit it in.... then she and I went on a bit of a shopping spree for a few art supplies I felt she might need... Now she has her own little studio up there and is over the moon... and I am beat....

My Intererior decorating event ate up most of my afternoon and it cooled off by the time I was ready to make dinner at 6pm.... So instead of grilling, I used the pizza dough I had and made the deep dish pizza I was planning to do sometime this weekend anyway.... I used the last of the taco meat from teh muffin cups I made the other night and tons of cheese... green pepper and onion....the meat was barely seasoned so it didn't clash with the sauce. The kids loved it....another successful meal.....

Goodnight everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink