U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-19-2009, 10:20 AM

20,502 posts, read 6,077,307 times
Bella what a trooper he is....Don't for forget to take care of yourself also.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:33 AM

23,444 posts, read 17,255,634 times
Happy Sunday everyone! I have been out digging in the garden, geese and ducks joyfully following me. They think the weeds I pull are treats, lol.
DH made his divine onion soup yesterday, I have asiago cheese bread working, and a great big salad fresh from the garden, with scratch dijon vinaigrette, yum!

Old 04-19-2009, 11:43 AM

12,723 posts, read 3,119,258 times
As we had quite a "big" lunch (leftover grilled boneless/skinless chicken breasts for DH and salad wraps with some pieces of the same grilled chicken and French Dressing for me) I only made some bruschetta out of white wheat buns, some oil, tomatoes, garlic, onions and tons of herbs. Very hot, very stinky b/c of the garlic but very yummie.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:44 AM

21,278 posts, read 5,106,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Yes, I did, and thank you very much! It has been copied to my recipe folder on the laptop, and emailed to the spouse, who read it and said he thinks he's found our next special occasion dinner. In fact, I think I'll also email it to the college boy, as he likes to buy tenderloins and fix them for friends (mostly female) on occasion.

Jaxson, I print out the recipes, and/or clip interesting recipes from wherever and I put them in those clear protector sheets from Staples or the like. I keep them in a huge notebook from same. They're tabbed and separated into Apps, Salads, Casseroles, Beef and Pork, Chicken/Duck/Goose, Vegetables, Potatoes, Soups, and Desserts!!! I've done this for almost 20 years... I am now actually about full on my 2nd book!!! But there's always back up this way! I have also been known to cut and paste the recipes and email them to myself. I have an email folder called recipes and I dump them in there!

I had one for ya, Lacey, and I'm still purring with content! I will ask the baker if she'd give me permission to share the recipe, which I have read (with a considerable degree of awe and incredulity) on her blog. I'll warn you, though, it is a multi-day process, and futzy in the extreme.
If it's posted on her blog, isn't it perfectly acceptable to share the link to her blog? If she's put it on the net, I don't think there's any secrecy or expectation there of left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Debsi[/b];8407371]Happy Birthday to Cyn!

Had dinner at a friend's house tonight... would you believe she made tacos?
Only YOU would be this lucky!!!!!

Old 04-19-2009, 11:50 AM

21,278 posts, read 5,106,126 times
I forgot... dinner will be a repeat of the soft shelled tacos... man are they good! lol Think I'll add some chopped jalapeno's to the wrap tonight!

Old 04-19-2009, 11:56 AM

19,083 posts, read 13,642,183 times
Chicken nuggets with french fries and a veggie of some sort---will have to figure that one out still.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:21 PM

15,975 posts, read 11,190,399 times
Happy Sunday foodies hope you are having a terrific day! We are back to a dreary rainy day around here our beautiful sun is in hiding.

Have had a request for grilled chicken salad sandwiches tonight for supper. Making a huge multi lettuce/greens salad to go with them. No baking today trying to be more healthy in our choices around here. Noticed when mom bakes the fruit sits on the counter a few days longer.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:30 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,166,496 times
Beautiful day down here again. I hope all you foodie folks are right. I've heard so much about mojo marinade I bought some today. There are 2 nice chicken breasts "soaking" in some right now. DH is going to grill them and make some sort of stir fry with tofu in it. Now, I'm not a tofu fan at all (Yes, I have tried it), but I told him I'd give it a shot. I'll let you know how it works out.

Have a wonderful evening all.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Status: "Back on the sunny side of the street!" (set 26 days ago)

6,567 posts, read 9,956,469 times
Being sick stinks!! I pushed myself too hard going out yesterday evening (I had thought not having to make dinner was a good excuse) and now I don't feel like doing anything but lolling today.

Must try very hard to make sweet and sour pork for dinner as the pork tenderloin is two days past the use by date. Whoops. I think I was going to make it last Thursday.

Back to the laundry and the lolling...

Old 04-19-2009, 12:51 PM

36,292 posts, read 19,110,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post

Must try very hard to make sweet and sour pork for dinner as the pork tenderloin is two days past the use by date. Whoops. I think I was going to make it last Thursday.
I wouldn't wait any longer on the tenderloin, Debsi. Best cook it today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink