Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 08:14 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I love it!!! Years ago there was a restaurant in Toronto, Canada named "Ginsberg and Wong". I was in heaven as I started off with some matzo ball soup and then moved on oysters with ginger and scallions.

P.S. I make a mean matzo ball soup from scratch. Okay, I use the matzo ball mix But I make the soup stock from scratch.
Ginsberg and Wong. I love it. I'd have eaten there too.

However, I must admit that despite my Eastern European Jewish heritage, I fail to find any thing appealing about mush (matzo) balls or gefilte fish (essentially fish meatballs-blech).

Old 04-24-2009, 08:46 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Ginsberg and Wong. I love it. I'd have eaten there too.

However, I must admit that despite my Eastern European Jewish heritage, I fail to find any thing appealing about mush (matzo) balls or gefilte fish (essentially fish meatballs-blech).
I like matzah balls in chicken broth......about once a year.....(and I missed them this pesach) gefilte fish even less often.....I will buy a jar of the pike gefilte fish and eat about half of the jar.... served on lettuce with matzah and horseradish.....but usually dont finish the jar.......I havent had the urge to get any for more than 5 years.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:11 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
No idea what dinner will be tonight................but undoubtedly something tasty!

Old 04-24-2009, 10:21 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Tonight we are having sloppy joes, slop, sloppy joes.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:43 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Good afternoon all. A beautiful one it is too! Finally getting spring weather or maybe even a little summery which is fine by me!

I will most likely be the only one here tonight, so I don't know what I will have for dinner. Maybe a salad. I am trying to wrap my mind around dropping this stupid 10 lbs I have slowly accumulated since the holidays~oops. Anyway, a walk and a salad sound good.

Have a beautiful day!

Old 04-24-2009, 10:49 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Whew! Goulash is all done. The flavors will be so much better after sitting all afternoon and now I don't have to worry about preparing dinner. Yes! Only have a couple of sides to put together.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:32 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Looks like a vegetarian stir fry that hubby wants to put together after reading the recipe. I am trying to be open minded about the tofu. I'll let you know how I do.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:43 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
doing panko pork chops with katsu sauce, a la Elston, having a salad with them, cant wait, sooooooo yummy!
Hope everyone is having a good week!
I am thawing out porkchops for Elston's chops as I type this! I can't find my panko after we have moved!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:14 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
lol I think kshe and katsmeow have two different recipes in mind ..... the panko breaded tonkatsu style pork for kshe and the brown sugar, green pepper tomato sauce ones for Katsmeow....(you guys realize that I cant take credit for either recipe....and would have to go back to find the tomato sauce one. But I am glad you like them.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:21 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,381 times
Good afternoon and a HAPPY Friday to you all! I received a recipe from a friend that sounds awsome. I am gonna try it. It is called Blue Grass Chicken. I will post the recipe after I get the -ok- from her.
I have not been cooking much because of the heat. I don't dare turn on the oven! This weather is driving me nuts! ha ha ha It is more like spring today.
Fridays are my nights to go out... YES!! ha ha! I like the no clean up nights
As far as this diet goes......
I have been fighting this little voice in my head. It wakes me at night and says oooooo a bowl of cereal sounds so good! It is driving me crazy! I will never lose weight like this... I do great all day and then shoot myself in the foot. Darn it! Owell one day at a time. A pound here a pound there.... I lose it. It finds me ha ha ha Remember it's all about who we are on the inside I just wish that little voice would pack it bags and hit the road!

I have missed alot of reading here. It is hard to read about all this great food (mouth waters) and go eat some lettuce. Who are they kidding with those "spray" dressings??!! ha ha My hub was eating and there I am with this spray and a salad. Spish, spish, spish, spish, spish... He looks at me and says "why don't you take the lid off and pour it on?"

I will be back with that recipe.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink