Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 01:38 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times

Advertisements

Hi Jax-yep house is too big.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:10 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
I just made what I call a Kitchen Sink Casserole Arriba!

Ground turkey, taco seasoning, guacamole seasoning, a can of diced tomatoes, corn, soft corn tortillas (broken into pieces), green onion, yellow peppers, shredded colby jack, a few dollups of Miracle Whip and sour cream. Place in a baking dish and throw it in the oven for about 20-30 mintes. Top with chopped cilantro and salsa.

You can add other veggies, black beans, black olives, ricotta cheese, leftover chicken - it's my way of cleaning out leftovers from the fridge.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:13 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Hi all! Your Mother's Day happenings sounded great. My mexican fest was not so great. None of my kids came~ but they were all at my house when I got home. They got me flowers and a new camera!! It had been bugging them that my camera was rather big (for today's size cameras, I thought it was ok and I wasn't about to spend money on a new one just for that reason although it didn't fit too well in my purse) So...I have been reading up on it and playing around.

It will only be me here for dinner tonight and I don't feel like cooking. I don't know how singles ever cook. I am used to cooking for alot of mouths, so when it comes to mine only, I figure I can get a break. Don't know what I am going to eat. Not real hungry. Maybe some yogurt or soup. We'll see.

Have a great day!

Old 05-11-2009, 03:16 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Hi, all. Tonight's feast was a homemade quesadilla, veggie style. Mmmmmmm. Oh, with a margarita, of course!

Old 05-11-2009, 03:54 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times
I hope that all the mom's had a wonderful Mother's Days!!! I am finally cooking again. I did make some boring meals last week that I did not write about (yawn).

Tonight is a ground chicken meatloaf and a corn pudding/soufflé. I decided to wing them both so keep your fingers crossed that they will come out edible!

Old 05-11-2009, 04:04 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Lacey I am sorry to hear that. I fear that when I try to sell this big ole farm house too. But I have acres so that will help me some maybe.

kimba sorry nobody showed up for your fest sounds like it was better once you got home.

PassTheChocolate very interesting sounding casserole.

NMS your supper sounds great to me I like simple stuff more than my kids most times.

I have been cast out of my kitchen with orders I am not allowed in there until time to eat. Have to tell ya what my DD did for this ole mom made me tear up seeing it. We were down visiting our neighbor lady then DD drove us home (sshhh) she had me close my eyes when we turned into our drive. I knew we were past the garage she wasn't pulling into so I asked what she was doing. Told to keep my eyes closed and I would find out in a minute she drives out to our garden area. (I can tell even with my eyes closed on my property where I am) She had the farmer that farms around us till up my garden!!!!!!!!!!!! So I will be planting tomorrow folks whether the ground is warm enough or not I can get my beans and squash in. Might have to get some plastic covering over it to warm it up quicker but we are planting stuff tomorrow now.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:17 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,245,086 times
Hi Foodie Friends, hope everyone is doing well and had a nice day yesterday.

Kats, please feel better, earaches and teeth. I would rather be in labor.

Lacey, thank you & you are most welcomed. I hope you enjoy it.

I decided to treat myself yesterday afternoon, since I was all alone. I got out the water foot massager, lit scented candles, put "furry child" to sleep, shut off the TV, had classical music on, gave myself a pedicure and started reading John Grisham's book The Last Juror. Sat--I actually did for 3 hrs.

When h came home we had the broiled lobster tails, steamed asparagus and baked potatoes.

Back to reality today. Spent hours catching up on the ironing Chased "furry child" around the living room, who snatched a framed picture that I placed in the MB because the painter is coming tomorrow.
On top of his payment h offered the painter lunch & dinner. HELLO

H on the stupid shift today, 3:00 pm dinner was leftover ham with Pecan sauce, mashed potatoes, peas & corn (Sat's leftovers).
I am having the last of the lobster & scallops wrapped in bacon & asparagus hee hee, before he comes home of course.

D #2 and family arrived safely in Disney this afternoon, driving straight through, they are exhausted. If I can't fly, I don't go.

Since everything will be torn apart yet again tomorrow, "furry child" will be spending the day with her Godparents and fiance, Mason Moonshiner the Red Huskie and her boyfriend Blue, the Plot Hound. Yes, there is a forth coming book about their misadventures. If I could stay off cd awhile I would actually have it done.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening. I have to go feed my Webkinz, who have been neglected this weekend. Will check back later friends. kelsie

Old 05-11-2009, 04:55 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
kelsie when I was younger it was 19 hours to Stuart FL to here we drove both ways straight through. It was nothing to go to the beach or whatever once we hit FL after driving down too. My friends use to drive down for the weekend when I lived down there around Melbourne. Thank goodness gas was cheap then eh? Now I am like you I want to fly to Disney or I don't want to go. Your food sounds so delish!

Last edited by Jaxson; 05-11-2009 at 05:30 PM..

Old 05-11-2009, 05:18 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,245,086 times
Ahhh Jax, thank you, you are sweet.

My version of going to Disney is RDU to FLL, picking up the rental car and driving 3 hours to Key West to the Green Parrot Bar, having $1.25 ice cold beer listening to great Jazz.

Anyone that wants to come to dinner this coming Sat. night are more than welcomed DD #2 and family are making the Disney overnight pit stop here before traveling back home on Sunday. Of course Granmamma & Granpappa are taking mom & dad Sunday morning to Cracker Barrel after church for breakfast and the little girls to Cracker Barrel "shop" for girlie things.

They all think that they won't see us until Thanksgiving, we haven't told them that we already booked our reservations for a week in July.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:32 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Getting my flounder, rice and tomato gravy and looks like some English peas. No salad makings in the house....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink