U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-19-2009, 08:46 AM

21,278 posts, read 5,235,983 times

Advertisements

Off to Maine (I didn't go yesterday because it rained cats and dogs up and down the New England coast all day), so I'm guessing dinner will be haddock or lobstah... or maybe haddock stuffed or topped with lobstah... lol

Cyn, I'm sorry all didn't play out as you'd hoped. Rest up and mull your options over. It will work out in the end.

See ya from Maine tonight! Woo hoo!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:48 AM

15,579 posts, read 7,714,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Off to Maine (I didn't go yesterday because it rained cats and dogs up and down the New England coast all day), so I'm guessing dinner will be haddock or lobstah... or maybe haddock stuffed or topped with lobstah... lol

Cyn, I'm sorry all didn't play out as you'd hoped. Rest up and mull your options over. It will work out in the end.

See ya from Maine tonight! Woo hoo!
Hi coastal.......Where in Maine are you going. I'm driving up Friday myself.

Have a great trip

Tonight is left over pork chops.

Eat well, eat hardy and eat plenty

Old 05-19-2009, 08:51 AM

19,146 posts, read 13,985,552 times
I am thinking I may just put the pills away--I took two different ones this AM and feel very strange. I just don't like pills much. I'm going to just do the therapy instructions she sent home with me and try to get my arm strong by doing the correct exercises. If it doesn't get any better I will contact Kaiser and see what my options are. They don't often send anyone to a Dr. outside of their facility--no money to be made that way! An x-ray would not show any tearing the Dr. said although if there is a fracture or something like that I would think it would have shown that. But no there was no x-ray taken. The Dr. was very nice but I just felt like I don't know any more then I did before I went. The only difference is I can now "hide" the problem with meds! So instead of doing that I will try to do the therapy instead. Now to stay awake today---

Old 05-19-2009, 08:55 AM

Location: If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
12,345 posts, read 5,296,798 times
Good morning all.

Coastal - safe travels. Cyn - I hope things get straightened out for you soon!

Leftover burrito fixins tonight. Pork chops tomorrow.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:07 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,463,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I am thinking I may just put the pills away--I took two different ones this AM and feel very strange. I just don't like pills much. I'm going to just do the therapy instructions she sent home with me and try to get my arm strong by doing the correct exercises. If it doesn't get any better I will contact Kaiser and see what my options are. They don't often send anyone to a Dr. outside of their facility--no money to be made that way! An x-ray would not show any tearing the Dr. said although if there is a fracture or something like that I would think it would have shown that. But no there was no x-ray taken. The Dr. was very nice but I just felt like I don't know any more then I did before I went. The only difference is I can now "hide" the problem with meds! So instead of doing that I will try to do the therapy instead. Now to stay awake today---
If it's a "soft tissue" problem like torn rotator cuff, it would show in an MRI, so she was right in saying that the xray wouldn't show up for you. I can't blame you on the drugs at all, Cyn. I don't like taking them unless absolutely necessary either. Too much addiction in my family. I don't want to add to the statistics.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:09 AM

20,505 posts, read 6,208,641 times
Coastal and Eliza my daughter just left ere headed for Maine for the day. She goes to York. I wish I was going there with here for the day. Love Maine.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:18 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,463,642 times
LOL...I guess everybody's in Maine except Elston! I'm with you, Crazy. I just love Maine. I wanted to visit once more before we moved, but it wasn't in the cards.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:19 AM

8,893 posts, read 3,077,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
No grilling here tonight it is pouring out, but we need the rain! Thinking shrimp scampi, not sure yet.

Cyn, hope you get to feel better soon.
Change of plans, making a boneless pork roast-not sure what sides to make yet. Hmm, maybe mashed potatoes.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:26 AM

15,579 posts, read 7,714,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
LOL...I guess everybody's in Maine except Elston! I'm with you, Crazy. I just love Maine. I wanted to visit once more before we moved, but it wasn't in the cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Coastal and Eliza my daughter just left ere headed for Maine for the day. She goes to York. I wish I was going there with here for the day. Love Maine.
LOL..........Nomore........guess everyone is except for Elston. This is too funny.

We are planning a 2 week road trip the end of Sept to Maine and NH.
DD will be moving from Maine to Baltimore area end of July. There is still so much I want to see. After she moves, most likely we will not be making the drive

Crazy......York is neat. I like the beach. York is just north of DD. Not far at all.

Denise........how about saurkraut and roasted potatoes? Just a thought.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:31 AM

20,505 posts, read 6,208,641 times
EM when you go up there we go to a restaurant called Talpey's right there on Rt. 1. They have a roaring fireplace and the food is delicious. We went there on our anniversary a couple of years ago and had a nice romantic dinner next to the fire.
DH kept telling me I looked hot. I took it as sexy hot but I am guessing it was the fire! LOL just kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink