U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 05-22-2009, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Looking East and hoping!
28,227 posts, read 13,660,427 times
Reputation: 2000000636

Advertisements

SKBS-"have fork will travel." I'm an easy guest.

 
Old 05-22-2009, 01:43 PM
 
1,116 posts, read 1,817,682 times
Reputation: 1428
Stir-fried fried tofu (that chewy, delicious, amazing stuff) in a sweet and spicy bulgogi sauce with veggies and fried rice.

Though I can't wait for tomorrow...I have a whole tandoori snapper marinating, with grilled asparagus and a caramelized onion and garlic rice pilaf. I know it will be better after marinating, but I want it noooooow.
 
Old 05-22-2009, 01:54 PM
 
Location: (WNY)
5,384 posts, read 6,877,183 times
Reputation: 7561
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
SKBS-"have fork will travel." I'm an easy guest.
Lacey THAT one was my wedding cake.... but they put cherries in the wedding cakes....
 
Old 05-22-2009, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Inman Park (Atlanta, GA)
19,806 posts, read 8,075,584 times
Reputation: 10531
Yummmmmm....

You sound like me. I don't discriminate against any culture as long as the food taste good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post
Stir-fried fried tofu (that chewy, delicious, amazing stuff) in a sweet and spicy bulgogi sauce with veggies and fried rice.

Though I can't wait for tomorrow...I have a whole tandoori snapper marinating, with grilled asparagus and a caramelized onion and garlic rice pilaf. I know it will be better after marinating, but I want it noooooow.
 
Old 05-22-2009, 02:14 PM
 
Location: (WNY)
5,384 posts, read 6,877,183 times
Reputation: 7561
I have 30 family members coming over in under 3 hours for dinner
2 sheet pizzas- one cheese and one pepperoni
4 dozen BUFFALO Wings- 2 Medium 2 Sweet
Salad- Mixed Greens, grilled Eggplant and Port Mushrooms, Feta, grape tomatoes and Balsamic Vinagrette
Pasta Salad

a few Apps to tide everyone over 'til they all arrive....

AND THE CAKES!!!!!!!!

OK enough blowing things off I have to hustle..... see ya all tomorrow...

OH Jax... I got her a wanna be American Girl Doll from Target she drools over all the time and Diva got her this High School Musical Gabriella Set she really wanted.... she was so psyched when she opened it this morning.... they always get them in the morning first thing... ok I am off....
 
Old 05-22-2009, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Vermont, grew up in Colorado and California
5,263 posts, read 3,740,286 times
Reputation: 9040
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I have 30 family members coming over in under 3 hours for dinner
2 sheet pizzas- one cheese and one pepperoni
4 dozen BUFFALO Wings- 2 Medium 2 Sweet
Salad- Mixed Greens, grilled Eggplant and Port Mushrooms, Feta, grape tomatoes and Balsamic Vinagrette
Pasta Salad

a few Apps to tide everyone over 'til they all arrive....

AND THE CAKES!!!!!!!!

OK enough blowing things off I have to hustle..... see ya all tomorrow...

OH Jax... I got her a wanna be American Girl Doll from Target she drools over all the time and Diva got her this High School Musical Gabriella Set she really wanted.... she was so psyched when she opened it this morning.... they always get them in the morning first thing... ok I am off....
I can be there in 3 hours.
We must be related somehow?

Have fun.

We are having chicken wings and salad from the snack bar not far from here, opened for the summer.
I want to beat the summer rush.
(crazy campers and all......)
 
Old 05-22-2009, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Where Trolls get BBQ'd
131,622 posts, read 43,480,812 times
Reputation: 114101
No clue now. Day all upside down. Wife is now with daughter and doing good. Can get up and down by herself with walker. I got urgent call from mom this morning to take her to doc. Doc put her straight into hospital. No more tomorrow after tests get ran today. My brother taking over mom duties now. I taking nap to cover missed sleep and then think more about supper. I sure I can find something edible.
 
Old 05-22-2009, 04:08 PM
 
1,116 posts, read 1,817,682 times
Reputation: 1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Yummmmmm....

You sound like me. I don't discriminate against any culture as long as the food taste good to me!
Yeah, but it leads to an excess of condiments. I'm pretty sure I could cook food from any culture with the stuff in my pantry... I have four shelves and two cabinets stuffed with sauces, spice mixes, and bulk herbs. I'll keep a quart of doenjang for three years because maybe, just maybe I'll make enough doenjang jjigae to use it all up. And I have four ounces of szechuan peppercorns because I'll eventually go through that much ma po tofu, right? Lol..

I can't eat "normal" American food anymore..I got spoiled with unique and yummy flavors so it's like takeout every night!
 
Old 05-22-2009, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Where we enjoy all four seasons
20,503 posts, read 6,149,631 times
Reputation: 15675
nomoresnow I am proud of my nephew thank you but what makes it even more special as he is my only brothers child. My brother was killed in an accident and his boys were 1 and 3 at the time. He would be so proud knowing what his eldest has grown up to be.....I am sure his star is shining a little more brightly tonight.

He graduated today and immediately called my Dad (80 years old). My Dad was so proud he choked up and couldn't talk...my Mom had to take the phone.

I also have a neice in Iraq...another nephew who has done three tours in Iraq and a day care parent who will be doing his second tour soon....They all make me so proud.


Ooooops dinner? take out Chinese tonight to keep it on topic.

Last edited by crazyworld; 05-22-2009 at 07:24 PM..
 
Old 05-22-2009, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
10,714 posts, read 6,646,017 times
Reputation: 20468
Crazy - How proud you must be, and rightfully so!

Dinner will be leftovers. Unless, my DH in some way gets my telepathic message to bring home something! :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top