Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 10:40 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times

Advertisements

I have a London Broil marinating......Not sure how I will fix it from here. Looks like a rainy afternoon. Taking advantage of the lovely rain we are getting now to nap and maybe dream up something for the steak. Oven roasted potatoes along side it kind of have my attention.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:43 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Howdy foodies stopping by a quick minute have errands to get done today. Been saying that for over 2 hours and still at home.

Lacey when you get your place sold where do you want to move to NJ? My DD wants to move on the hilltop across the holler from YLisa.

YLisa if you take the the pics off photo bucket will they go away from your thread too? I was wondering if you could delete some of the older pics off photo bucket to make room for new ones perhaps.

skbs glad tummies & backs are doing well in your household today! Be careful swing that golf club we don't need your back out of whack again. We haven't had meatloaf forever.

cyn I swear I could eat pork chops everyday folks!

CW BBQ chicken sounds yummy to me also but if I HAD to choose I would pick pork chops.

kimba so I see you are a part of the killin' Jaxson with the pork chops tonight too eh?

Debsi our Italian sausages last night were yummy esecially with the extra onions.

SXMGirl that is seafood over load stuffed with other great seafood. Bet it will be good.

Denise again with the pork chops. You might be cooking them too long if they are drying out pork doesn't need to be cooked to death like our mothers taught us growing up.

Tonight's planned menu is spaghetti, garlic toast homemade of course, ceasar salad with watermelon for dessert. But we have to go into the big town near us so who knows how long we will be or if we see something we want to bring home. Let ya all know later.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:43 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Kats, I might have to start calling you Smilla. There's a movie called Smilla's Sense of Snow. In it, they make the point that whereas most people just see snow, the Inuit and other Eskimos have numerous names for snow depending on what kind of snow it is (not just snow or yellow snow LOL). That's like you and all these delectable gravies!
Maybe you meant Senilla - for senile?
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I will most likely get some magazine subscriptions. That's an indulgence for me and hey they keep on coming every month.
Do you get "Taste of Home" magazines? I love love love all of their publications, and I bet you would too. They have the original Taste of Home magazine, and then they have "light" recipes magazine, then one for quick recipes etc. They have no outside advertising in them and come to you every 3-4 months. This is my fav magazines! I have actually given subscriptions as gifts at Christmas, and it has been a great gift!

Old 06-04-2009, 10:47 AM

Nomad I am quite impressed with your cooking ability while DW is recuperating from knee surgery! Doesn't seem like you are missing too many meals and we have read no fire alarms going off. So WTG buddy!

Old 06-04-2009, 11:00 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Jax-no hope to move to NC-maybe right by Kelsie that's where we've been "looking." Family's in NJ tho but it brings us closer and away from these God-forsaken winters.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Jax-no hope to move to NC-maybe right by Kelsie that's where we've been "looking." Family's in NJ tho but it brings us closer and away from these God-forsaken winters.
Well then I am cranking up the prayers your buyer comes soon. I know you will love being close to Kelsie, not far from cyn and family right up the coast. Then if ya feel like traveling south NMS would be waiting on ya too. I like NC too, DD has always wanted to move to TN even when dad was still home and we talked about FL for awhile but she loves TN when we go down there better.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:17 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times
I have had a pig out the last two days! I had a delivery of, jalapeno poppers with cheddar, hot wings, greek salad, and steak bomb pizza (steak, onions, and peppers), and I had them add jalapeno's to it. OMG. Seriously delicious!!!

Haven't been around much, but glad to see all are eating healthy as usual!

Trying to get life straightened out!

Old 06-04-2009, 12:40 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,245,086 times
Good Afternoon Foodie Friends!

Busy cleaning the house today, "big furry white dog" is shedding from her grooming 2 wks. ago & has a belly ache from drinking too much water & not eating right in this 90 degree weather, no coking classes in kelsies's home today. I was thinking of making meatloaf but after cleaning the kitchen, LR and 2 bathrooms I think they will turn out to be burger's, rice & zucchini & sliced tomatoes.

lacey, that home you were interested across the street from me is vacant, they left in the middle of the night. Fingers, toes & eyes crossed for you to sell your home really soon, so we can have a pig pickin and invite everyone hangin out at Cyn's table, George will drive the bus.

Congrats to everyone who won the gift cards.

I will check back later, have a nice afternoon. kelsie

Old 06-04-2009, 12:44 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Sounds great Kelsie and would that be the "bomb"! George gas up the bus baby!

Old 06-04-2009, 12:46 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Dinner is up in the air right now, I will have to check back later.
Duck and cover!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Morning all-
I have pork chops out and want to pan fry them but everytime I do they come out on the tough side. Any suggestions to what I am doing wrong?
Mmmm, not a thing! I sorta like em like that LOL. Maybe if you sear them over a high flame and them turn down the heat and not overcook (like the others said) that will keep them more tender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I have a London Broil marinating......Not sure how I will fix it from here. Oven roasted potatoes along side it kind of have my attention.
Ohhh that sounds good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Maybe you meant Senilla - for senile?
Hey, whatever works!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink