U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-02-2009, 06:50 AM

19,074 posts, read 13,605,899 times
I am so sorry burdell---personally I think selling a home and moving is one of the most stressful things a person can go through. It shouldn't have to be nearly so bad either-----it's the paper work and dishonest people that help to make it so bad.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:06 AM

34,052 posts, read 11,033,186 times
Dinner tonight will probably be left over pot roast.....but I know my DP doesnt like left overs....so we shall see what we shall see.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:11 AM

20,495 posts, read 6,063,035 times
Good Morning everyone

SKBS.............That is cute the "short sheeting. Good luck as VP and soon to be Prez. I did that when my kids were little. It is a thankless job and you will work really hard but it is for the kids. I remember when we had an election and I won for a few weeks there was a whack job mother who was disappointed because she didn't win so she stood outside the school for a few weeks and picketed me..............Ahhhhhhhhh Good times.

COASTALMAINE.............feel better!

BURDELL...........Good Luck with the house stuff. You are right one of the most stressful things to do.

MTH.....enjoy the bacon overload. LOL

GRAMMIE/NANA KIMBA.........maybe after this week you will be able to catch a break.

ELSTON..that pot roast sounds good.

KELSIE................hope you had a wonderful anniversary celebration with your Love.

CYN...........so happy to see youposting!

GEORGE......you crack me up.

LACEY.........will be glad when you are back. I believe it will be tomorrow?

Sorry I didn't get everyone...

Have a great Thrusday all.

ooops I forgot..tonight is leftover American Chop Suey.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:24 AM

19,684 posts, read 7,890,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Was supposed to be yesterday, despite weeks of knowing this these two-bit shysters were still unprepared with some very basic paperwork. They're going to hear from me about where to send the bill for my time being wasted Of course they don't hesitate in attempting to overcharge for services not rendered.

Don Henley was right when he said "A man with a briefcase can steal more money than any man with a gun"
Sorry to hear that as well. I hate it when something goes bad in a deal. The sale and a purchase of a home is suppose to be an exciting thing - not one mired in issues!

Hang in there, keep your eyes on the prize. Maybe you shouldn't be in the same room for closing

Old 04-02-2009, 07:26 AM

2,973 posts, read 4,477,666 times
Good morning everyone!

Not sure what is for dinner tonight. I think we might go out??? I'm in the mood for some Bang Bang shrimp from Bonefish Grill or maybe some Asian fusion?? I could go for some pizza too. Hmmmmmmmmm.......decisions, decisions!!

Old 04-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Status: "Back on the sunny side of the street!" (set 19 days ago)

6,562 posts, read 9,920,780 times
Burdell, I am sure it will all be over soon, and you will be able to remember this as no worse than a bad dream, one day.

Tonight we're going to the Stars game so we'll be eating at that sports arena buffet again. This time I will try not to treat dinner as a competitive sport.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:40 AM

29,112 posts, read 18,034,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I am so sorry burdell---personally I think selling a home and moving is one of the most stressful things a person can go through. It shouldn't have to be nearly so bad either-----it's the paper work and dishonest people that help to make it so bad.
Sorry for the venting, my agent and my buyer have been no problem at all, it's the attitude of the shysters that they are somehow special and we should all be at their beck & call and their seeming amnesia about just who they're working for that's getting me cranked up, they must think they're Congressmen or something

And just to get back OT, in the past I've tr4ed the recipe for a navy bean soup that's served I believe in the Senate dining room, pretty good

Old 04-02-2009, 09:02 AM

13,004 posts, read 716,693 times
I picked up some salmon to grill, and some new potatoes and green beans to throw into the slow cooker.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:29 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,127,046 times
Hi, all. No clue as to what's for dinner tonight yet. Everybody else's sounds so good.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 AM

16,546 posts, read 19,163,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Elston, I could be over-simplifying, but I've always thought of a salsa, whether home-made or at a restaurant, as involving cooked tomatoes or tomato sauce. The ones you buy in jars at the store are fully cooked, of course, and when I think of salsa, I think of either a fully cooked sauce or else one that incorporates cooked ingredients.

Pico de gallo, on the other hand, is made of raw ingredients just chopped up and mixed together. It makes for a wonderful fresh vegetable combination - and for those of us watching calories, using celery sticks instead of chips to scoop up pico is a great low-cal snack - but the flavor notes and mouth feel are different from what I think of as salsa. You get a lot more powerful onion flavor, for example, and the result is chunky and crunchy rather than the softer feel of cooked tomatoes or tomato products, if that makes sense.

I'm sure that there are a gajillion different interpretations and recipes out there - but that's the way I've always distinguished between the two in my own mind.
Can I weigh in? I make my salsa the same as MWBW's pico, but I add the juice of a lime, and some white vinegar..I never cook it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink