U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-07-2009, 11:43 AM

21,278 posts, read 5,033,555 times
Tonight is another steak pizza, but this time I had them put it on a regular pizza... with the red sauce... still has the onions, peppers, and added jalapeno's... but one of my fav dinners is steak and rigatoni with spag sauce, so I wanted to try the pizza this way. And a greek salad to which I will add some flowers from my chive plant and a couple pansies.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:15 PM

15,808 posts, read 10,976,686 times
HG congrats on being engaged that is a celebration for us too around the table! Woo Hoo!

elston your lunch sounded fine to me did you have a nice nap?

molochai enjoy your vacation! Sorry your neighbors kept you awake last night. If I hear a shot gun around me I know it better be aimed at wildlife if it is still light out. If dark I am calling the sheriff also!

Hi foodies! We are having company for supper and taking a plate down to our neighbor too. I put my spaghetti sauce in the crock pot before church boy was that a nice smell to come home to. Made a caesar salad, a plate of raw cauliflower, carrots and kohlrabi, fresh garlic toast I just made will reheat when time to eat, scooped out watermelon balls in a nice glass bowl, have the stages ready to assemble a Ding Dong cake for dessert!

Hope you are having a terrific day friends!

Old 06-07-2009, 12:41 PM

131,641 posts, read 42,343,610 times
After a filling lunch I think supper will just be some nice fresh fruit. I'm not even going to use the nuker tonight.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:00 PM

36,002 posts, read 18,737,629 times
Thumbs up The Agenda - June 7 - 13

This week's dinner selections will consist of a few things that will carry on one central theme for the next several days. I'm calling this week 'BUN WEEK'. That's because I've decided to get some hamburger buns and make some different sandwich items using the buns. Tonight, for example, I'm planning some Sloppy Joes with the Manwich ready-made mix. Then, I plan to have some salmon burgers using some salmon patties for grilling. If I have the gall to go get some ground beef later in the week, then I'll do that, also. That's certainly a possibility. And in addition, I'm planning to go over to El Fenix in nearby Grapevine on Tuesday with my mother for some Tex-Mex.

Have yourselves a great week at the table, and bon appetit!

Old 06-07-2009, 02:27 PM

2,987 posts, read 1,657,874 times
CONGRATULATIONS Highlands Gal!! Wonderful news!

Dinner last night was out at an Italian restaurant, with son and g/f.

Tonight we're grilling hamburgers and hot dogs.

Have a great Sunday!

Old 06-07-2009, 02:41 PM

28,227 posts, read 13,343,642 times
Looking forward to the leftover chili as it's pretty chilly here,

Old 06-07-2009, 02:49 PM

9,718 posts, read 3,955,126 times
What wonderful new HG.........hope I don't see you tonight on Bridezilla

Just finished making lasagna and cleaning up the kitchen. I love just having one baking dish to clean up after dinner, but to get there is such a mess It's ready to go in the oven whenever their ready.
Some nice crusty Italian bread and salad and I'll call it a night

Happy Sunday all.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:52 PM

21,278 posts, read 5,033,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Well folks, I am wide awake at 4 a.m. as well....so excited and feeling jumpy because - guess what - I got engaged yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Completely missed this in my rush to post and get out planting in the short window of sunshine we're getting today.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's is SO exciting!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you been thinking of a date? Have you decided on it yet??? Come on, spill the beans! lol Terrific news!!! Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness and deep abiding love between both of you HG!!!!

Old 06-07-2009, 04:44 PM

845 posts, read 1,166,493 times
Congrats, HG!! Let us see your ring!

Just had meat loaf sammich with our youngest son, DD and Older son are at work tonight. No cooking tonight. Either left over or quick pizza using flat bread and some fruit later.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:02 PM

28,617 posts, read 17,685,857 times
HG---Salud! Amor! Dinero! Y tiempo para gustarlos!

OR: Health! Love! Money! And the time to enjoy them!

Finishing up my Italian cold-cuts/cheese out on the deck with a glass (or three ) of vino rosso, watching the waves and wondering whose life I've mystically taken over I'm just amazed I could be so lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink