U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-04-2009, 04:26 PM

131,622 posts, read 43,457,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
What's for dessert? I have just had my rum and raisin dark chocolate, it's called Old Jamaica
Most like no dessert here until tomorrow. Then it will be coconut cream pie.....

Old 04-04-2009, 04:34 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,326,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Hey NMS, great to see you again!

Did somebody say cocktails?! It's 8.30pm here so I'd say it's definitely cocktail hour - all I have is gin, tonic and fresh lime, think that will do! Cheers!!!

I've had dinner already, two Indian chicken curries, oinion bhajies, nan bread and rice. YUM - stuffed!!!
You, too. Glad you're home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussie View Post
OKAY.. HERE GOES.........PoppySeed Dressing..TO DIE FOR.................

1 CUP SUGAR
3 TEASPOONS GROUND DRIED MUSTARD
1 TEASPOON SALT
2/3 CUP RICE WINE VINEGAR
1/2 CUP ONION
2 CUPS CRISCO VEGETABLE OIL
POPPY SEEDS
Put all in ingredients in a food processor except the Crisco Oil. Process.. gradually adding the oil.........It will look kind of like vaseline.. but SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome, Gussie. Your dressing sounds wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Most like no dessert here until tomorrow. Then it will be coconut cream pie.....
OK, Nomad. I have my fork. What time should I be there??

Tonight at our house, it's sirloin on the grill, steamed broccoli (skbs, I'll send leftovers if I have any) and 'sketti squash.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:36 PM

131,622 posts, read 43,457,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post

OK, Nomad. I have my fork. What time should I be there??

Tonight at our house, it's sirloin on the grill, steamed broccoli (skbs, I'll send leftovers if I have any) and 'sketti squash.
Maybe we should just bring the pie to you. Have a bottle of A1 Bold to dab on my steak....

Old 04-04-2009, 04:36 PM

6,040 posts, read 6,741,994 times
It's FAJITAS time again ! "Here's how I fix mine up and I suggest you have yours the same way !" (The quote is from Nothing But Trouble, with Demi Moore, John Candy, Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd, in the hot dog train scene)

Top sirloin Marinated overnight in:
olive oil, lime juice a little soy sauce, cayenne powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, a tiny bit of liquid smoke and fresh ground black pepper.
Reserve some of the marinade to saute the meat and veggies in. The veggies are sweet onion, yellow, red and green bell peppers. Chop, cook and serve, it's so good and so easy. Include the now reduced juice that the meat and veggies are cooked in as sort of a sauce on it all.
Sides are long grain and wild rice mix out of a box and a few warm flour tortillas.
We can't seem to get enough of this Tex Mex favorite. Sombreros, pinatas and the mariachi band is optional !

Old 04-04-2009, 04:39 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,326,457 times
Quote:
Maybe we should just bring the pie to you. Have a bottle of A1 Bold to dab on my steak....
Can you be here in 2 minutes? Steak is almost ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
It's FAJITAS time again ! "Here's how I fix mine up and I suggest you have yours the same way !" (The quote is from Nothing But Trouble, with Demi Moore, John Candy, Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd, in the hot dog train scene)

Top sirloin Marinated overnight in:
olive oil, lime juice a little soy sauce, cayenne powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, a tiny bit of liquid smoke and fresh ground black pepper.
Reserve some of the marinade to saute the meat and veggies in. The veggies are sweet onion, yellow, red and green bell peppers. Chop, cook and serve, it's so good and so easy. Include the now reduced juice that the meat and veggies are cooked in as sort of a sauce on it all.
Sides are long grain and wild rice mix out of a box and a few warm flour tortillas.
We can't seem to get enough of this Tex Mex favorite. Sombreros, pinatas and the mariachi band is optional !
What about margaritas???

Old 04-04-2009, 04:41 PM

6,040 posts, read 6,741,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Can you be here in 2 minutes? Steak is almost ready!

What about margaritas???
Tequila is all gone.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:50 PM

1,933 posts, read 2,142,956 times
sweet and sour pork and fried rice stir fried brocoli

must be chinese night!!

Old 04-04-2009, 06:13 PM

16,094 posts, read 11,391,480 times
QUOTE=kelsie;8185125] Please name my fish![/quote]

Oh kelsie dear malfunction gave you the answer you were looking for.
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
Might do some fish tacos tonight. I'll be using grilled tilapia.
There is your name for your fishy kelsie grilled tilapia you can call him grill for short.

Quote:
Nothing sounds good at the moment, not even chocolate pie.
Emergency, emergency calling Dr. Bombay come right away! I am headed straight down to assist with you Nomad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Jaxs I have a long overdue CONGRATS for you for the not smoking!! WoooHooo!!
[CYN sorry it has been such a tough year... well, you still have me!!
Dinner tonight is up in the air.... I will be back to post that and a great easy pasta salad recipe. No fail and great for potlucks
You get a 3 parter. Thanks bunches I wasn't one of the smokers standing outside the restaurant today huddled against the brick wall to be out of the wind! Woo hoo!

Awwwww that was so nice to say to cyn.

I will be checking back much later tonight for that pasta salad sister! Did that sound tough?

Only popping in for a minute while I am trying to load my anti virus software stuff on the computer. Plus we are all down at my neighbors telling stories this has been a fun 100th birthday the best one I have ever been to. OK I know it is the only one I have been to.

I won a potted pink tulips plant for winning "Who really knows xxxxxxx" it is gorgeous. Tell ya all about it later must get back to the fun. Having bdaycake for supper tonight.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:28 PM

34,067 posts, read 11,256,319 times
Elston reporting in.....we had a wonderful time.....the company are such very nice people....and we all had so much to talk about and the food was good! They were very complimentary on our house and thought it was amazing how settled we are and how warm and cozy the house is....(this is the first anniversary of our moving in)....It Was A Very Nice Day!

I loved that Asian Salad ..... I did add t he slivered almonds and the crunch factor was amazing!

Old 04-04-2009, 06:43 PM

5,384 posts, read 6,874,212 times
Oh, last night was a fun time out with family... got all confused on Friday and had Chicken French... oh well... I slipped and it was sooooooooooooooo good.... hubby and i had a great time out...

Well, we had a wonderful day shopping the outlets today, went to breakfast... dropped Diva to a bday party.... Chatterbox took us to dinner at Wegmans...LOL It was a great night...

Anyway- I have to get Diva and call it a night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink