U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-07-2009, 01:32 PM

33,336 posts, read 9,831,356 times
Default Steak tips tip :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I think your steak tips will turn out wonderfully. Here's what I do (it goes real quick): Olive oil and butter in the pan, heat it up. Throw in bell peppers (green and/or red), followed by sliced onion, then baby bella 'shrooms. Add some minced garlic for just a brief minute to get the rawness out. Put all that in a bowl and keep warm. At this point, you may have to throw in more OO and butter. Then throw in the seasoned steak and cook till preferred doneness. We like them rare to med. rare. Toss the veggies back in just to heat them a little more and voila! Delicious dinner. They're so good and so simple.
That sounds really good...and I know that DP would like that better than braising.....off for the vegetables for the tips. Can't I put a splash of red wine with that.....if I cook it down....to deglaze the pan.....I bet I can.

Unread 04-07-2009, 01:35 PM

28,227 posts, read 12,482,160 times
Sounds like a plan Elston and the wine would enhance.

Unread 04-07-2009, 01:37 PM

5,388 posts, read 6,257,473 times
Happy Birthday Lacey!!!!!!! Have a wonderful day....

Oh... tonight is getting here faster than I had planned. Brownies for Diva tonight and Hubby is taking her. I have a party to head to- Tastefully Simple - so I will be grazing. I have to think fast what I will make for the rest of the family. I am beginning to think Pasta is sounding quick and easy. Cauliflower is handy in the freezer and a salad for hubby.... if he even really wants it... to be honest I am hoping he doesn't.

Snowing here today and it is cold after having such a nice stretch. I am feelins so tired I don't even want to go out tonight. I would love to just put my windpants and hoodie on and snooze on the sofa.... zzzzzzzzzz..... lol.....

Unread 04-07-2009, 01:37 PM

3,368 posts, read 6,705,480 times
Hey Lacey - Happy Birthday!!!

Unread 04-07-2009, 01:39 PM

18,011 posts, read 6,922,159 times
Happy birthday to Lacey!!!

Unread 04-07-2009, 01:39 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,668 posts, read 10,142,105 times
NMS I swear you make me for real want to move to FL hearing all your food stories! Then again I would be close to Nomad to cook for him while Mrs. is working hmmmm better start thinking about all this. My youngest would be happiest in TN since she has been about 5. She just loves YLisa's pictures weekly.[/quote]

LOL...I bet you're glad I don't live in Northern New York any more!

That'd be fun....c'mon down, we'll both cook for Nomad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
That sounds really good...and I know that DP would like that better than braising.....off for the vegetables for the tips. Can't I put a splash of red wine with that.....if I cook it down....to deglaze the pan.....I bet I can.
Sure, Elston. I bet a bit o' red wine would add to it nicely. Tell ya what.... I'll come on over and let you know how it tastes, ok?

Unread 04-07-2009, 01:59 PM

28,227 posts, read 12,482,160 times
Elston if NMS comes she's going to drink all your wine!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all for the wishes.

Unread 04-07-2009, 02:06 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,668 posts, read 10,142,105 times
I promise I'll leave enough for the recipe, tho.

Unread 04-07-2009, 03:01 PM

8,652 posts, read 6,247,297 times
Hi everyone! Dinner's are all sounding great! I have pork chops out-thawed on the counter for a few then I put them in some water in the sink as I didn't think they would be thawed by dinnertime. Not sure what I am going to do with them yet...I did the chicken tenders in Panko last night. First time for me. They were so moist, everyone loved them. I do have to experiment with my spice choices though, I think I went a bit too much on the salt based spices. Has anyone ever added spicy spices? I think that would be good on tenders anyway.

Here is the WW Taco Soup Recipe I have...for those of you following WW, one cup=1pt.

48 oz jar of Randalls Great Northern Beans
28 oz Stewed Tomatos (Mexican are best but you can use whatever you like)
1 can whole kernel corn, not drained
1/2 c. water
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning (I use the spicy kind but we like spicy food-you can use mild or whatever you like)

Mix, simmer about an hour. Serve hot or cold. Good with a small pita or a couple crackers. (now, my non waist watchers like to add shredded cheese to it and a dollop of sour cream)

Enjoy!

Unread 04-07-2009, 03:36 PM

18,011 posts, read 6,922,159 times
I am making a HUGE pot of red beans and rice. No bacon, turkey kielbasa instead.

Quick Red Beans and Rice

I wanted something to stick to my bones as we had snow flurries in Atlanta today

I went back and purchased two more pounds of the stone crab legs I have them in the freezer in the garage.

If Armageddon ever comes, we can all live off of my pantry and two refrigerators. I think I saw Amelia Earhart in the freezer the other day.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.