Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 09:10 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,928,715 times

Advertisements

I was beat after work and ended up taking a snooze....in the meantime, BF ran to the store and picked up t-bone steaks. He threw them in a 30 minute marinade and then fired up the grill. Meanwhile, i nuked some frozen broccoli and cheese sauce and also sauteed some cherry tomatoes in e.v.o.o., grated garlic, and s + p until they burst. Split a bottle of spanish red to go with......such a tasty meal! My BF is such a guy! Love him tons )

So much for my canned soup plan earlier in the day!!

Old 04-09-2009, 02:09 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,371,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I was beat after work and ended up taking a snooze....in the meantime, BF ran to the store and picked up t-bone steaks. He threw them in a 30 minute marinade and then fired up the grill. Meanwhile, i nuked some frozen broccoli and cheese sauce and also sauteed some cherry tomatoes in e.v.o.o., grated garlic, and s + p until they burst. Split a bottle of spanish red to go with......such a tasty meal! My BF is such a guy! Love him tons )

So much for my canned soup plan earlier in the day!!
What a nice guy! Even if hubby were at home he wouldn't cook for me b/c he's not much of a cook. Guess I have to show him more in the kitchen

Old 04-09-2009, 02:19 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,371,556 times
Okay, DH will be surprised to get his favourite spaghetti dish with prawns tonight.

Tomorrow will be bbq time with friends of my parents. I already plan to make home made Greek Tzatziki and oven potatoes with sour cream as a side. Steaks and bratwursts are already in the fridge.
On Sat. we'll have friends over for dinner - bbq again. But we're 3 girls who love to experiment so there will probably nice side dishes again. Who needs steaks or chicken or whatever when there's so much delicious salad, home made bread or other things???

Happy Thursday!
Diana

Old 04-09-2009, 03:41 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,801,097 times
Good morning all. Headache woke me up very early so here I am.

Had a pulled pork sandwich at Cheers last night-pretty good.

Roasting a boneless pork loin, baked sweet pots, asparagus tonight.

Burdell-no hot dog tastes as good as the "dirty water" NYC streetcart ones.

MWBW-you are one dedicated employee and hope all those variances are reconciled today.

Doc at 8:30 (surgeon) and hopefully positive news.

Diana enjoy the fun weekend.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:08 AM

47,942 posts, read 21,921,471 times
Good Morning Lacey and all who will follow....have a good day today. For supper tonight I am taking out a nice fillet of salmon....will fill in the rest of the details as they come to me.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:43 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,239,249 times
DH picked up some more chicken day before yesterday, think I'm gonna start "clucking" soon, so it looks like chicken again tonight. That's two times already this week!! Anyhow I will make Laceys chicken cacciatore. Need to remind myself of the time so I can cook it low and slow!! Meantime it's back to the roses....

Old 04-09-2009, 06:19 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,313,230 times
Lacey, good luck to you and Mr. L. at the surgeon's this morning. Remember that you don't *HAVE* to hire the first one you interview; if the empathy isn't there or if it doesn't feel right, you can shop around to find someone you like better. Being that you're in the Cities, have you and Mr. L. considered going to the Mayo clinic? He would be in the best possible hands there.

No clue at this point what tonight will bring. It'll likely depend partly on how late I wind up staying at the office, as the wise man to whom I am married knows very well what the first couple of weeks of each month are like for me. Will report back later.

Have a great day, all!

Old 04-09-2009, 06:26 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,140,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Burdell-no hot dog tastes as good as the "dirty water" NYC streetcart ones.

Now that I've had the grilled Coney Island version I guess I'' have to get some Sabrett's and do up some 'dirty water dogs'

Old 04-09-2009, 06:35 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,801,097 times
MWBW-that's on our list. You're so right-we are the employer here. Also found a doc in St. Cloud who's speciality is Crohns.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:17 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,916,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Hello all, seeing as how I have lots of time on my hands now I can get back to some cooking instead of the hubby doing it. Made stuffed pork chops with green beans for a side. Great buy I found today while shopping at the commissary, 1 1/4" pork chops for a $1.37 lb..woohoo!!
I missed why you have so much time on your hands, Denise. Is everything ok?

Good morning all! Wow, some of you sure are early risers...Lacey...I hope all goes well at the docs for you both.

Not sure about dinner tonight yet, waiting for some good ideas here to grab me...Lately, I have been feeling that "I am tired of the same ole food" thing. Seems we go back and forth between chicken, pork and beef. Getting bored. I am not a seafood cook so if we eat that it is usually at a restaurant.

Have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink