Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 11:05 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,246,925 times

Advertisements

elston, thank you so much I am going to check it out after writing this. It is a salt water fish.

burdell, I haven't the faintest idea how to post a pic.
It is white, flat and fat.

I'll check this out and let you know.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:34 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Kelsie this site lists and shows most of the salt water fish caught off the coast of NC. If you navagate about you come to a list of all the common fish....with pictures. Name that Fish. FishFinder - NCDMF Fish Identifier

I can name that fish with 4 fins!

Old 04-04-2009, 11:50 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
So glad to have you back at the table Southdown....You have been missed. Our dinner is under discussion. Wife is on call and has three patients to see this afternoon. She may bring home a rotisserie chicken. Allergies are interfering with my appetite. That may be a good thing. Nothing sounds good at the moment, not even chocolate pie.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:55 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,084,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Allergies are interfering with my appetite. That may be a good thing. Nothing sounds good at the moment, not even chocolate pie.
OMG!!!

Does anyone know the number for 911?

I am all stuffed up today

Old 04-04-2009, 12:04 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Morning all!

Well I have really missed you all and can't wait to read back all the thousands of posts I've missed!
Best wishes to you all for a happy weekend of cooking and EATING!!!
Missed you!!!! (I got your DM) So good to have you back!!!!

Dinner tonight is Panko breaded pork chops (a la Kelsie) mac and cheese, some type of veggies. I am making those Mini Danish (Easy Crescent Danish Rolls) from Laura707 too!

Old 04-04-2009, 12:08 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Cheerio!!

Welcome home, southdown.

I've read a great deal over the years about those traditional British Sunday lunches by Nigel Slater and others. I know you'll all have a very lovely day, wish I could crash the party.

I am on a bad non-cooking streak. Last night I ended up grabbing some spaghetti gravy out of the freezer and popping a can of biscuits.

Just went and checked the larder. We're going to have hamburgers tonight, grilled by him if I get my way, with salad and maybe a vegetable.

Tomorrow will get back in the saddle by roasting a chicken and making some chicken stock tomorrow.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:10 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,058,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
It feels so good to have you back Southdown. Your chair has been sitting empty waiting for you! It just isn't the same when we are missing someone here. Please share all the excitement of your trip back to England.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Hey, southdown - so glad to see you back at the table!! We've missed you like the dickens, and are so glad you arrived safely and all in one piece. All settled in, jobs back in place, kids in school and so on? It's so tough to uproot and relocate even inside the same continent, and adding an ocean into the trip has to be even rougher. We're really glad to welcome you again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
southdown, so wonderful to see you again, please tell us all about your trip. Glad that you are back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
So glad to have you back at the table Southdown....You have been missed. Our dinner is under discussion. Wife is on call and has three patients to see this afternoon. She may bring home a rotisserie chicken. Allergies are interfering with my appetite. That may be a good thing. Nothing sounds good at the moment, not even chocolate pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Missed you!!!! (I got your DM) So good to have you back!!!!
Hi everyone! It's good to be back. Have missed you all so much - thought about you lots and have much to tell!

I'm now 6/7 hours ahead of y'all in the US so can you please post your dinner ideas nice and early so I can get my inspiration and planning done in good time?!!!!

In fact it's nearly dinner time now so I'd best get cracking - it's lamb curry from the freezer tonight - I've spent the afternoon gardening and too tired to cook now!

Old 04-04-2009, 12:13 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,606,173 times
Were having a cook out today ,and I'm grilling with mesquite wood were having ribs ,chicken ,burgers hotdogs and some sort of shrimp

Old 04-04-2009, 12:20 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,217 times
*WINK* *WINK* Happy Saturday! Well I am almost all caught up ha ha....
First I want to say SouthDown you were missed dear friend. I smiled when I saw your post.
Elston I hope your comming out party is a blast! The food (as always) sounds delicious!!
Jaxs I have a long overdue CONGRATS for you for the not smoking!! WoooHooo!!
CM I will keep my fingers crossed that the sinus infection is on its way out this time thank you for the chicken salsa recipe and ideas.
Nomad I hope you are feeling better buddy and those allergies have calmed down.
Hawaii GOOD NEWS!!!
NMS did you say COCKTAILS?? Yes please What!?? It's five o clock somewhere right??!! ha ha ha
Oh dear CrazyWorld! I would have just lost it!! People just don't realize what love you put into your garden and the appreciation you get out of it. This would be a situation I would rely on karma for there punishment
Here here Kelsie! To good health and good food!!!
Lacey I am happy for you!! I hope you felt as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside!!
CYN sorry it has been such a tough year... well, you still have me!!

Dinner tonight is up in the air.... I will be back to post that and a great easy pasta salad recipe. No fail and great for potlucks

Old 04-04-2009, 12:42 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Amber, I'm ready for those cocktails now. What'll ya have??

Southdown, so nice to see you.

Name that fish, huh?

Don't know what's for dinner yet. Went to Costco yesterday and bought a bunch of meat, so it could be just about anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink