Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 05:51 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

Made Coastal's chicken-I used boneless thighs w/Paul Newman peach medium salsa-cooked covered 1 hr, topped with cheese and served with rice mixed w/black bean chili from the other night-wow-it was good and more for tomorrow night.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:53 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
After a confab with the wife she is picking up a link of sausage to use in the cabbage. With a large dice onion and a can of whole kernel corn we will have a good easy one pan meal.
Hmmm. Cabbage and sausage. Very good!

Old 04-13-2009, 05:57 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
I turned my cabbage & sausage meal in to a medical treat. I turned it red with some Louisiana heat....Should help the sinus problems.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:12 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
I agonized over dinner....so I ordered take out! I have been wanting to try this Thai restaurant for awhile (my cousins you know...) I always forget about this place as it is located in a trendy neighborhood without much parking. Monday night take out was perfect for parking purposes.

One of the appetizers I ordered were Angel Wings. The menu describes it as a deep fried stuffed chicken wing with shrimp, chicken, vegetables and noodles. It was marvelous! It reminds me of when my dad use to make stuffed chicken wings with Chinese sausage and water chestnuts. I might have to make a request of dad. They still don't have electricity from this morning's storm.

The *evil* neighbor cleared his tree branch. He didn't bother to say anything to me or my landscaper about the three landscape lights that his tree took out. My landscaper was scheduled today to work at my neighbor's house, so it was perfect timing for his skills. I did have a talk with him that some sort of screening was necessary now since there is now a big gaping hole where his rickety old fence use to stand.

I wanted a piece of chocolate but I resisted and am having a cup of Earl Grey tea instead. I will not go to the pantry. I will not go to the pantry!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
I turned my cabbage & sausage meal in to a medical treat. I turned it red with some Louisiana heat....Should help the sinus problems.
Whew! I thought that you were going to turn it into a pie and I was going to get scared!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:17 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
I would go to the pantry but all I have is prunes. I'm on the wagon for the good junk food for a few weeks...Once in a while the wagon will bounce like yesterday and I'll have a little treat. Wife and I split a butter finger. We are going to have some sweet and juicy cantaloupe as soon as dinner settles for dessert.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:36 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Quote:
I just spotted a head of cabbage in the fridge that needs using. Somehow fried cabbage casserole is sounding more interesting than beanie weenies. Depends on how late wife has to work. She is on call again so I never know how to plan these weeks.
Nomad, I think I need that recipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

NMS insurance is one of those things I start hearing the school teacher on Charlie Brown when a salesman starts talking.
That's it! That's the feeling I get! Thanks for putting it into words. Can you imagine 2 1/2 hours of woh, woh, woh, woh, woh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I agonized over dinner....so I ordered take out! I have been wanting to try this Thai restaurant for awhile (my cousins you know...) I always forget about this place as it is located in a trendy neighborhood without much parking. Monday night take out was perfect for parking purposes.

One of the appetizers I ordered were Angel Wings. The menu describes it as a deep fried stuffed chicken wing with shrimp, chicken, vegetables and noodles. It was marvelous! It reminds me of when my dad use to make stuffed chicken wings with Chinese sausage and water chestnuts. I might have to make a request of dad. They still don't have electricity from this morning's storm.

The *evil* neighbor cleared his tree branch. He didn't bother to say anything to me or my landscaper about the three landscape lights that his tree took out. My landscaper was scheduled today to work at my neighbor's house, so it was perfect timing for his skills. I did have a talk with him that some sort of screening was necessary now since there is now a big gaping hole where his rickety old fence use to stand.

I wanted a piece of chocolate but I resisted and am having a cup of Earl Grey tea instead. I will not go to the pantry. I will not go to the pantry!
LOL...George, don't go to the pantry.

Dinner was leftover turkey, warmed up in gravy, with leftover stuffing, mashed 'taters, green beans, fresh cukes, pickles, olives and cranberry sauce. OH, and DH managed to find room on his plate for some leftover 'sketti squash! It tasted even better than it did the first time.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
LOL...George, don't go to the pantry.
But the pantry keeps calling my name and I have no voice mail set up!!!

Actually, the tea hit the spot. I am a happy camper again......

Old 04-13-2009, 07:17 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Baked chicken, mac n cheese, cucumbers that have been soaked in vinegar overnight! Yes!

Happy dining all!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:25 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Good for you, George. I keep apple cinnamon herbal tea for that reason - gives me a little sweet boost without the calories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink