Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 08:44 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
I remember one time at work when we came up with a GREAT idea of putting coffee in the filter and then covering the coffee with hot chocolate mix. Apparently the chocolate mix plugs off the filter because when we came back to taste our brilliant concoction, the coffe-olate was all over the counter. I think you all have figured out by now, I'm not the brainiest Smurf in the Blue Bunch.
No but if you take the coffe in the cup and add the hot chocolate mix after coffee is brewed.. you will get the same effect that you were trying for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 08:48 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
So, when I wake up in the morning I just have to have a bold coffee (and if I'm at a coffeeshop there better be a shot of espresso in it too).

I do however love, love tea. I'm boring and prefer the regular tetley type tea. But I'm also all about green tea too (cold is my preference). I can't stand fruity teas...although I did take my wife a a tea room for a date one time, loved it!! And there was a cranberry and black tea. Outstanding!

I can't drink coffee after dinner. And I cannot put ice cubes in it!! I say that because my grandparents loved ice coffee...putting ice cubes in black coffee! It's as bad as remembering my gramma yelling across the house, "Hubie, hey Hubie... they're making weiners and hamburgs!! Do you want a weiner or hamburg??" Of course we would all roll on the floor laughing!! But iced coffee with a hot weiner..not my style.

So are you a coffee, tea person? Got a story to go along with it?
OH MY GAWDDDDDDDDDDDD You just told Tet Tea she is boring!!!!!!!
Tet Tea go get him!!!!!!

I'm a one cup american coffee with a little milk as soon as I step out of bed (programmable coffee maker). Then, when I get in to work, I pick up the 2nd cup. That's it for the day. I don't even drink the espresso cuban thing everybody here does constantly in those tiny little one shot cups.

Like Pixie.... Cafe con Leche.... Once in a blue moon, if somebody else makes it. And tea, yeah only when I'm sick too.

OK. Listen up! I played hookey today. I have to paint a bedroom. So stop making up threads that I have to come back to. I must go paint!!! ta ta

Old 04-06-2007, 08:55 AM

942 posts, read 2,583,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
OH MY GAWDDDDDDDDDDDD You just told Tet Tea she is boring!!!!!!!
Tet Tea go get him!!!!!!

I'm a one cup american coffee with a little milk as soon as I step out of bed (programmable coffee maker). Then, when I get in to work, I pick up the 2nd cup. That's it for the day. I don't even drink the espresso cuban thing everybody here does constantly in those tiny little one shot cups.

Like Pixie.... Cafe con Leche.... Once in a blue moon, if somebody else makes it. And tea, yeah only when I'm sick too.

OK. Listen up! I played hookey today. I have to paint a bedroom. So stop making up threads that I have to come back to. I must go paint!!! ta ta

I thought you werent putting any more money into the house???? You want to come paint my kitchen/family room. Im getting sickof the eggshell.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:55 AM

926 posts, read 1,460,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
No but if you take the coffe in the cup and add the hot chocolate mix after coffee is brewed.. you will get the same effect that you were trying for
Yes, but you know in this fast paced life that we live in, with drive-through marriages and such, we wanted to have it premade and not waste precious time opening the mix every time and stirring. We are very busy with more important things to do like checking emails and meetings, don't you know?

Old 04-06-2007, 09:01 AM

489 posts, read 2,015,013 times
One cup of ginger root tea (medicinal purposes - prevents and keeps the acid reflux away) first thing in the AM as the coffee is brewing. Then, I have a cup or two of black coffee with sugar only. No cream.

At some point in the early afternoon, I have either a cup of decaf mint green tea, oolong tea (which is a mix of green and black teas) OR just a plain cup of black Lipton, Red Rose, or other name brand black tea. (The generics just aren't the same.) Nothing like the smell and taste of regular black tea. I add raw honey to it, and it is awesome.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:01 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
Yes, but you know in this fast paced life that we live in, with drive-through marriages and such, we wanted to have it premade and not waste precious time opening the mix every time and stirring. We are very busy with more important things to do like checking emails and meetings, don't you know?
You need to slack off like the rest of the world. Duuuuuuh. I mean, come on.. I am at work right now.. do you think I am being productive? Uh, no.. it is Friday, hellllooooo??

Old 04-06-2007, 09:07 AM

926 posts, read 1,460,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
You need to slack off like the rest of the world. Duuuuuuh. I mean, come on.. I am at work right now.. do you think I am being productive? Uh, no.. it is Friday, hellllooooo??
I'm not at work...we have a neat little schedule called the 9-80 which allows us to have every other Friday off. As for you, I think you SHOULD take it easy today, because not only is it Friday, it's GOOD Friday....double the reason for looking out for number one, right?

Old 04-06-2007, 09:15 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
I thought you werent putting any more money into the house???? You want to come paint my kitchen/family room. Im getting sickof the eggshell.
hahahahahahaha. Nope. Already have the paint. Left over from another wall. Just about my whole house has at least one wall in each room that is a different color so have lots of little bits and I mix them up sometimes Just like me, a little mixed up on and off.

I'm dying to do the family room but 1) can't decide what colors. 2) too much S$$$$$IT to move and take off the walls. Right now it's a bland off white EGGSHELL too!

By the time I come to check in here again, I should have gotten the can of paint out of the shed and into the room. Then blue tape. Then s t i r r r r. Then start the mess.

How did we get from coffee and tea to paint????

Old 04-06-2007, 09:50 AM

3,774 posts, read 11,227,390 times
Coffee. I drink anything that tastes like coffee. Mud, java, joe, jamoke. 20 years in the Navy, and I could take the last out of a 50 cup coffeemaker and swallow it down without blinking. SNEER: We don' need no stinkin' espresso! Just put a couple of extra scoops in the basket. Voila! Homemade, Just like mama used to. HA!

Typed this in 4 seconds. No caffeine rush here!

Old 04-06-2007, 12:55 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
I'm with you, Mal. Love my coffee, no matter how bad it is. The thing is, I'm supposed to be drinking decaf. Thank goodness it's better than it used to be (remember Sanka??). I drink coffee all morning long, starting at home where I grind my own, then onto work where the best bene is free coffee, and the pot's right outside my office. Afternoons, I like tea - black tea (none of that green stuff for me - ick!) or sometimes herbal tea when I'm feeling like something sweeter. Oh, and I drink it all black. Once a week, I stop in at Starbucks for a skinny sugar-free vanilla cappuccino. That's my end of the week treat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink