Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2009, 11:30 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,490,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Debsi- you are too funny. I tend to have coarse hair also - which happily, has calmed down (especially after DS was born) as I have aged. In HS all I wanted was lovely Farrah Fawcett hair - not Roseanne Roseannadanna hair!
Roseanne Roseannadanna!! That's it! haha.. I went through high school having no idea how to do my hair. Washed it every day and had the dreaded fro a lot. Now I only do it about once every 5 days, and my hair looks better and better every day. Probably sounds gross to some people, but beauty is pain, right?!

Here is the picture I am bringing in:

Google Image Result for http://i.ivillage.com/BS/Top_10/iconic-hair/iconichair-jackieo.jpg

Old 07-13-2009, 11:31 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,940,858 times
^LOL! I had real thick, wavy hair growing up too. It has thinned somewhat, still gets wavy. I kind of miss how thick it was though.

Not sure about dinner tonight, maybe leftovers from yesterday's BBQ.

Elston~I think it is awesome that your kids cook. I wish someone would have taught my DH to love it! He just loves eating it! My youngest can cook, the other three struggle making the basics!

Cyn~maybe it was natures way of trimming them up for you! I hope they grow bigger and better than before the storm! I love fresh grown tomatos. In MI, I could grow them if it wasn't for all the Peter Rabbits around my yard. In NV~forget it...it's a desert out here!!!

Old 07-13-2009, 12:07 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,864,824 times
Debsi I love Jackie-O I think it will look cute... and I do the same with the washing... not to totally turn it into a hair thread for the moment but with my curls I have switched over to natural shampoos that don't have that laureth sulfate in it and it takes the frizz out of your hair after a month of use... hair is like a sponge and will absorb the stuff- it is what makes bubbles in your shampoo and adds frizz to your hair... after about a month it will come out.... my hair looks so much less frizzy after switching shampoos (Burts Bees is a great one)

Back to food.... I pulled chicken out to defrost and have rice (the 90 second one you nuke) broc for the girls and baby carrots I have to use up.... My salad fixings are gone and I haven't even left the house to get to Wegmans. I think the chicken will go on the grill with a rub.... maybe some baked beans.... that will be dinner and I will head to Wegmans tomorrow.... I can get through another day.....

Old 07-13-2009, 12:11 PM

256 posts, read 452,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Add my happy birthday to all the others, MTH and Kelsie!

LOL.. I guess it sounded like I already have the traumatizing hair cut. I'm getting it cut after work today, into a bob. Am very nervous as I have long very thick wavy coarse hair that I get a lot of compliments on, and am terrified I'm going to walk out of the place with a jew-fro. A lot of people don't know how to cut hair like mine. Trying to find that perfect match hairdresser!!

At any rate.. it's like 103 freaking degrees here for the last month.. the hair has GOT to GO!
Hippo Birdie Two Ewes - to all of y'all!

Debsi - I had hair below my waist - thick, coarse, curly - and when I went on methotrexate (for my RA) I decided to cut it off first - in case it fell out! I donated 18 inches to Locks of Love and had 2 inch hair for the first time since I was 12 or 13!!

I've discovered Frizz-ez products (think I spelled it wrong), and use shampoo and conditioners for curly hair. Whole new world! I now only have to brush out my 3 inch hair (let it grow an inch), spray it with water, rub in a little curl rejuvenator, scrunch my hair and off I go with curly hair that is not frizzy! Even I, with my miserable hands and shoulder joints can take care of my hair (if someone else washes it for me).

Getting ready to make the chickie salad - joy! I do like it! I usually put grapes in it, but we are out of grapes, so I'll make do with some canned pineapple. Hope the Ol' Curmudgeon will eat it!

Yummm!

Old 07-13-2009, 12:50 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,302,053 times
tonight is a poor mans haddock dinner (fishsticks) with french fries

Old 07-13-2009, 01:27 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,285,164 times
Happy Happy Birthday to Kelsie and MTH! Many more!

Old 07-13-2009, 01:48 PM

2,870 posts, read 3,368,910 times
I think tonight all thought about calories, fat grams, cholesterol counts, sugar levels, salt intake,,,, all the things I always take care to think about before putting something in my mouth... I'm going to forget about... and I'm going to order a BIG FAT PIZZA for delivery at home & then I'm going to eat until I'm stuffed while I watch a good Action & Adventure Flick on the flat screen!!!

Double loaded with Mushrooms, Pineapple, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Onions & Fresh Garlic piled as high as they can make it on top of whole wheat Pan Crust Dough and extra sauce & extra Havarti & Swiss Cheese Mixed!!!

I'm going to regret this later, but I'll deal with that LATER!

Old 07-13-2009, 02:51 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,550,180 times
Happy birthday to all the birthday girls. I know ya'll are all 29 now or less. Anyway I just talked with me wife and she is bringing some Cuban bread and we are making sliced pork sandwiches tonight all loaded up with the goodies. Don't think we will need any sides as many veggies as go on with the pork...Going to keep is simple.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:49 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,968,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Anyway I just talked with me wife and she is bringing some Cuban bread and we are making sliced pork sandwiches tonight all loaded up with the goodies. Don't think we will need any sides as many veggies as go on with the pork...Going to keep is simple.
I love Cuban sandwiches, send one up my way!

Old 07-13-2009, 05:11 PM

48,110 posts, read 21,990,299 times
If I ever get to Florida (is it Miami I need to go to) I need to try a Cuban Sandwich.....I never heard of them before...but they keep coming up here.

In New Orleans it was that way with Muffeletta Sandwiches.....and tonight in my supermarket here in Maine..I saw the muffeletta relish in the pickle deptmt. There are some Italian Deli's in portland....I could get the cold cuts...now about those round Italian rolls?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink