Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2009, 11:04 AM

48,128 posts, read 22,002,483 times

Advertisements

I cant remember the name of the taco shell bowls..?is that tostados????...I will make up some ground beef with taco seasoning, and break up some lettuce, chop tomato and green peppers (poblano?) , I have mexican shredded cheese and black olives and red onions and sour cream, salsa....and seasoned black beans...I didnt get an avocado.....since moving back to the north east from southern california.....I find it hard to spend over 1.50 for a small....avocado....so I tend to go without. Of course I will make up some rice..... This will be differnt in our house.....I know that many of you guys eat southwestern all the time.....we seldom do. I'm looking forward to it.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:34 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
After a big southern style buffet for lunch it is just going to be fresh fruit night.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:29 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,547 times
I have company today here, so, I am grilling a pork tenderloin. I rub it in EVOO, salt and pepper it, then cut it in 2 inch slices and work more of the EVOO on it. Put it on the grill for about 15 mins., turn and cook another 10 mins. Right before it's done, start brushing on BBQ sauce all over the pieces.
I let all of the pieces get crispy. It tastes just like ribs without the bone.
I'm serving grilled eggplant, squash, and homemade potato salad with the pork tenderloin.

Have a great day!

Old 07-18-2009, 01:39 PM

1,122 posts, read 1,087,607 times
Well going to in-laws for mom's big 7 zero Lots of family and friends, looking about 40 drunk adults with full bellies by 7pm...

We are having all kinds of good eats! Grilled German Sausages, BBQ Chicken, T-Bone's and Dogs for the young ones..
German Pooo Tay Toe Salad, Green salads, Grilled Veggies, a little of this and that! Cant forget the Chocolate Cream Cake!!

You got the picture, Its A Back Yard BBQ!!!

Old 07-18-2009, 01:50 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
Happy Bday to DH Cyn...
Elston... I hardly ever buy avacados because they ARE so expensive. If I find them at the farmers market for a bargain I jump on them... but I they are a fortune here....
MWBW good to see you! Stir Fry sounds good....
It has been a very busy day here... just wanted to stop in and say hello to Everyone and let you all know I was thinkin' of ya! We went to the public the market with the kids and I got all my produce I needed for the week- cherries, giant bucket of grapes, blueberries, pears, oranges, three cukes, two giant zucchinni, egg plant, green beans, sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, celery, four kiwis.... I am starting to draw a blank... there were a few other things..... a couple of donuts and muffins.... anyway- I did it in under $20! I love the Farmers Market!!!!

Then we headed home, unloaded, grabbed the dogs and went hiking!!!! Had a blast and Bud loved walking through the water- he got a tad muddy but had a blast. It was Tinks first hike but she did well. Had a picnic lunch with the kids along the water... hiked back and the dogs were tired! LOL... took the kids to a park and let the dogs rest up...

Bud got a bath and now the the kids are doing crafts... dogs and hubby are SLEEPING! I am trying to figure out dinner... I think the eggplant and pasta suce... over wheat pasta.... Maybe some chicken... If the rain holds off it would be nice to eat on the deck if the mosquitos don't come out! Hope you all had as nice a day!!!

Old 07-18-2009, 02:01 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I put away two BLT's and am having a fantasy about a Klondike bar....
I hope your fantasy came true! You know I've been enjoying an assortment of klondikes lately. Favorite so far is krunchy

Cyn - Happy Birthday to your man!

Tonight I'm making porkchops with a touch of curry and a tasty sauce of jam, horseradish, balsamic - sounds weird but is really good. I like rice with it but my mom wants potatoes so we'll have that and green beans to go with it.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:24 PM

52,248 posts, read 52,668,250 times
We're having our world famous "Appetizer" night. Which consists of Asian chicken patty's, butter bean sage pate, and some olives and cheese.

Man, I'm looking forward to it.

Where's the drooling/anticipation emoticon when you need.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:21 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Wife just delivered on promised fruit salad. Mango, cantaloupe, plums, pears, and banana. So I may act a little fruity as the night goes on.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:22 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
Wow I did good tonight! Hubby wanted to grill... so he pulled the asiago chicken sausage out of the freezer for dinner and grilled it up. I cooked up some corn, farm fresh green beans, baked beans, a tossed salad with a currry and red pepper dressing, pasta salad with chopped cherry tomatoes and green peppers mixed with feta and a basil vin.... Slapped the sausage on a bun and dinner was ready to go! It was a huge hit and delicious! Everyone was talking and not a complaint was made It was a good night....

Old 07-18-2009, 06:33 PM

48,128 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Wow I did good tonight! Hubby wanted to grill... so he pulled the asiago chicken sausage out of the freezer for dinner and grilled it up. I cooked up some corn, farm fresh green beans, baked beans, a tossed salad with a currry and red pepper dressing, pasta salad with chopped cherry tomatoes and green peppers mixed with feta and a basil vin.... Slapped the sausage on a bun and dinner was ready to go! It was a huge hit and delicious! Everyone was talking and not a complaint was made It was a good night....
sounds so pleasant at your table and free of drama..... Good For You!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink