Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 02:40 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times

Advertisements

Molochai - Happy Anniversary!!!!

Toosie - I hope you feel better! (Need me to sprinkle some liverdust your way????? )

Coastal - I love Stouffers Mac and Cheese too! It really is good, to be so easy!

Hawaii - What are "Mexican Hats"?

Dinner tonight will be whatever I can come up with. I have some hamburger meat, but am kinda burned out on cooking. HELP ME!

(Turkey breast won't be thawed until tomorrow)

Old 07-23-2009, 02:52 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Oh, we love BBQ. Just don't like being out there in the heat. Almost like being out on your deck, cooking on the grill in January in NNY! Been there, done that.

As a precaution, I've placed a huge doubled beach towel on the top of my glass top stove! I'd have to kill someone if something happened to it.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:53 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Kats, try that turkey breast on the grill! Melt some butter and throw in some garlic and onion powders along with some poultry seasoning. Baste the breast with that and cook it on indirect heat. You'll wonder why you ever cooked it any other way.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:54 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Molochai - Happy Anniversary!!!!

Toosie - I hope you feel better! (Need me to sprinkle some liverdust your way????? )

Coastal - I love Stouffers Mac and Cheese too! It really is good, to be so easy!

Hawaii - What are "Mexican Hats"?

Dinner tonight will be whatever I can come up with. I have some hamburger meat, but am kinda burned out on cooking. HELP ME!

Sounds like how I feel!! Soooo, DH decided we would go out to eat. Yes! It seems like it's been forever.....I need to remember "why" I like eating at home again! Ha!

Old 07-23-2009, 03:33 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
Thanks for the well wishes everyone I don't get sick often but, apparently, this mild fever is turning me into a big baby Kats, no LiverDust, please - but I could use some LaceyWorld - me missing our friends Lacey and Crazy at the table See? Told ya I'm a big weepy baby today! I promise to be good if our buddies return recipes in hand, mind you

Ohhhh...thought of something else that could help - Coastal's LAMB CHOPS! Sometimes I like to cover a broiling pan with foil, sprinkle the chops with Lawrey's Seasoning Salt, broil to perfection and then....spoon the lamb grease onto my baked potato. OMG it's decadent and mouthwateringly delicious!

Happy Anniversary Molochai!

Hmmm, Kimba inspired me - might pan fry some smoked sausage and steam some rice later if this hummus doesn't last me.

skbs
that ice cream sounds divine! The hummus I have right now is Sabra pine nut - it's from NY and is pretty good!

cyn - enjoy your night out!

Old 07-23-2009, 03:38 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,894 times
Quote:

You're answer's right there for simple.... fry that burger up with some seasonings (s/p/gahlic) and toss it into the mac and cheese, nuke a frozen veg or make a salad! VOILA`!! Dinner is served!

Old 07-23-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Kats, try that turkey breast on the grill! Melt some butter and throw in some garlic and onion powders along with some poultry seasoning. Baste the breast with that and cook it on indirect heat. You'll wonder why you ever cooked it any other way.
I don't grill - EVER! LOL And DH has been working 15 hour days this week - so I will have to try that when he is rested. Sounds like it would be wonderful, and I will have to get another breast and try it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
You're answer's right there for simple.... fry that burger up with some seasonings (s/p/gahlic) and toss it into the mac and cheese, nuke a frozen veg or make a salad! VOILA`!! Dinner is served!
Kinda like hamburger helper? LOL Just nothing is calling out to me on the hamburger thing. I have skimmed over my casseroles and etc, but nothing is jumping out at me - except for that recipe Laura just posted over on the "Some of my fav recipes" thread - hamburger and cabbage - but wouldnt you know it? I have no cabbage and no vehicle! Darn!

Old 07-23-2009, 04:19 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Just peeked in on the roast. Looks to be fork tender....Decided to put potatoes in after we take it up and cooked them for another day in the pan drippings...not much room in there now....We may use up a bag of frozen french fries my mom thought we couldn't live without and donated them to us. I'm not sure. Least my part is done and nothing caught fire.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:20 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Kinda like hamburger helper? LOL Just nothing is calling out to me on the hamburger thing. I have skimmed over my casseroles and etc, but nothing is jumping out at me - except for that recipe Laura just posted over on the "Some of my fav recipes" thread - hamburger and cabbage - but wouldnt you know it? I have no cabbage and no vehicle! Darn!
You got some taters and onions to cooked that hamburger with? Drown in red stuff and call it good.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:24 PM

Thanks Nomad! Like a hamburger hash type thing??? Hmmmmmmmm.........not a bad idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink