Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 05:01 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times

Advertisements

Looking forward to August, Elston.

OK, thanks to Lacey, we had hot turkey sandwiches, french style green beans, cauliflower, cuke, tomatoes, pickles and olives.

And now....a CC and water.

Good night, all.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:11 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,073 times
Tonight's dinner is chicken scallopini, rice, crusty bread and salad. It's cooking now and it smells good

Hope it cools off for you all in the South Have a great evening.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:12 PM

256 posts, read 452,990 times
DH was up and about and almost "what passes for normal" today! Yeaaa!

He made bacon-wrapped filets with broccoli on the side. We'll have a couple of his nice peanut butter cookies for dessert a little later.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:05 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
HighlandsG-worried as CO had horrible tornadoes/storms-hope all's well.

Happy here-delicious steak, baked pots, mushrooms, salad.

Night all.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:10 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I didn't see my care package of lamb from Kelsie to share with you Toosie Fathers Day Schmathers Day All I know is there is no lamb. I promised my Monty the bone too. Now he is depressed too
Just as I suspected. Well, Monty won't be deprived for long. We will get our lamb...or we will get revenge! <doing my best to look fierce and intimidating>

hi all - happy gardening to all you diggers. It does sound lovely and rewarding to hear you talk about it

Dinner tonight was Indian buffet. We haven't been to this place in a while and it was pretty tasty - one of the first in the area to offer some southern indian dishes - we like those a lot because they tend to be hot and spicy

Old 06-15-2009, 06:19 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,084,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Just as I suspected. Well, Monty won't be deprived for long. We will get our lamb...or we will get revenge! <doing my best to look fierce and intimidating>
Eeekkk!!! You is fierce girl!!! With a name like Toosie, I am sure I would not want to run into you in a dark alley. You might make me tuck my shirt in.

Monty is still waiting for his bone

Old 06-15-2009, 06:20 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,217 times
CRRReeeekkkkk............... (she sneaks in the door)...... Woooosshhh and takes her seat

I feel just awful missing so much food talk, recipes, and friends... I have been so busy trying to prepare for Hubs 40th bday that all my me time has been spent before I get the chance to sit down Hubs best friend is flying in this week from Ohio to celebrate his birthyday. We are going to take our trailor up to Kern river and Lake Isabella. A week away from the city, peace and quiet, and great company Oh yes I will be cooking too

The diet life style is still in play.. I made lemon chicken with thyme. Take all the leaves off the sprig and pierce the chicken with it to infuse the flavor. I made angel hair pasta with my pesto sauce. Grated fresh parm to top it off and a side of french style green beans(compliments of green giant).
I hade a salad and a piece of lemon chicken. My trick is to grill the chicken when it is cooked to your liking take it off the grill. Place it in tin foil and squeeze fresh lemon juice over it. Secure chicken in the foil for a good 10 min. Turns out mouth watering
Lacey I did read that Mr. L is in remission. What fantastic news!!
Kelsie will you send me the link to your cook book?

I will keep in touch as much as possible! <33333

Old 06-15-2009, 06:33 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
The diet life style is still in play.. I made lemon chicken with thyme. Take all the leaves off the sprig and pierce the chicken with it to infuse the flavor. I made angel hair pasta with my pesto sauce. Grated fresh parm to top it off and a side of french style green beans(compliments of green giant).
I hade a salad and a piece of lemon chicken. My trick is to grill the chicken when it is cooked to your liking take it off the grill. Place it in tin foil and squeeze fresh lemon juice over it. Secure chicken in the foil for a good 10 min. Turns out mouth watering
Lacey I did read that Mr. L is in remission. What fantastic news!!
Kelsie will you send me the link to your cook book?

I will keep in touch as much as possible! <33333
Yum! I may steal this idea for dinner tomorrow. I have chicken waiting in the fridge.

Tonight was hot sausage sandwiches, with lots of banana peppers, macaroni salad and peach cobbler. Not so diet friendly, but I'm good with that.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:11 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,303 times
I'm super late tonight!

I wish someone would send some of that warm weather here, it was down right chilly today here. Right now, it is 58....I got socks on.

I had my leftover dinner from the Italian restaurant yesterday, so I got a break today.

Tomorrow, I will be cooking.

good night all!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:21 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
My plan for Mickey D's came off without a hitch. No fuss no muss. Two burgers and a fry. Came home and had V8 juice for the veggies. Maybe a repeat performance tomorrow night. Beats cooking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink