Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 12:08 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,288 times

Advertisements

I need to crash someone's table that doesn't have rain. So so tired of all the rain and terrible storms.

The mexican manicotti was so good last night! I'm going to attempt Chicken Tikka Masala if I can find garam masala to add to it. A little mango chutney and basmati rice, yum!

Old 06-18-2009, 12:50 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemom View Post
Well, both DH and I were too tired and aching to make supper, so on my way home from the pharmacy, picking up a prescription, I got a sack of Krystals. We were feeling so rotten that we couldn't even eat all of them.

Don't know about tonight. Ol' Curmudgeon is doing better, but I'm still an aching mess. Guess I've "overdone" again. I've dong 5 loads of laundry and folded / hung up and put away in the last 3 days. This is major for me!
Turtle, what're Krystals?? Hope you both feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Cyn Pineapple salsa-easy and refreshing. Let me know if you need recipe.
Lacey, that sounds so good and refreshing.

We left the house at 9:30 this a.m. to get my haircut, have my 6 month jewelry checkup and pick up a couple of things at Publix. We stopped at 27 other places, INcluding the Chinese Buffet (so no dinner tonight), and got home at 2:30.

I have a question about Jasmine rice - DH picked up a huge bag of it, but neither one of us has ever had it. It doesn't have a weird taste to it or anything, does it?

Thanks!

Old 06-18-2009, 01:28 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I need to crash someone's table that doesn't have rain. So so tired of all the rain and terrible storms.

The mexican manicotti was so good last night! I'm going to attempt Chicken Tikka Masala if I can find garam masala to add to it. A little mango chutney and basmati rice, yum!
Come down here and bring rain with you. I grill under carport and feed you good in exchange for rain. Meantime my wants for sketti are not going to happen till the weekend. When I wake up from nap I continue discussion with myself about supper. I have cheese now so supper may be pineapple and cheese sandwich. Something cool and not cooked. May even put a slice of baked ham on it.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:29 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Yes, it sure does Lacey! I sent you a DM but others here probably would also like the recipe so just post it here if you don't mind! Is it actually a side dish??

Old 06-18-2009, 01:36 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I have a question about Jasmine rice - DH picked up a huge bag of it, but neither one of us has ever had it. It doesn't have a weird taste to it or anything, does it?
Jasmine rice is wonderful! It has a slight nutty taste to it and a nice aroma too!

Old 06-18-2009, 01:54 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Poor Toosie - you are having one of those streaks of rotten luck aren't you? (Take me off at least one list and I will tell ya what to do to fix it! )
LOL! Now I know who to blame for all this - YOU! I WAS about to take you off a couple lists...now I'm starting a new one with your name at the top!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Toosie-needs us today-we're here okay?
Aw, thanks I'm actually doing great today! He left at 9am and has checked in a few times already - hoping to get to st louis tonight but is napping for now. We're expecting more bad weather this weekend so I hope you're in the clear and we will be too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
OH Toosie I was in such a tired fog last night I missed that you were in this situation too! I hope all is better today....
No problem! I missed Lacey's and you missed mine - we cancel each other out My wish for you is that you have an entire month in a row where everyone under your roof is healthy and no kids are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I need some ideas guys.....we are going to my step sons house for Fathers Day. They are making a pork lion and siad I could bring a side/salad. Any ideas???? Nothing to complicated please but yummy so I look like I can cook!
Ooooo, the pineapple salsa does sound good - or you could make a nice cuke-tomato salad. I have a good recipe with basil - mmm.

Nomad, you are on a pineapple kick!

nms, George is not steering you wrong - jasmine rice is delectable!

On my own for dinner and will probably be a pick around night. Don't feel like cooking - feel like lazing about and having the cabana boy peel me a grape LOL

Old 06-18-2009, 02:15 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Just had our first major rough storm-tons of rain, hail, tornado sirens wailing-still inder watch til 9PM-so looks like that take n bake pizza is dinner.

Jasimine rice makes great rice pudding too.

Mookster-I'm coming to your house-NMS is too full so she's staying home.

Okay Pineapple Salsa Cyn-
4 cups cubed pineapple (1 whole=4 cups)
1 red pepper diced
2 scallions
2 T brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
6 dashes Tabasco (or more)
1/2 c lemon juice
2 T lemon zest
pinch ground cloves

Nix and refrigerate-always better next day.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:20 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
Oh interesting! I've made something similar but it did not include mustard. Hmmm...that could be tasty - thanks, Lacey! Stay safe and dry tonight!

Old 06-18-2009, 02:25 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
You too Toosie-sky is rumbling like an empty belly (oh what that's me-LOL). The joys of midwest life I guess but it could be worse.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:28 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Hi all.............raining here AGAIN. I have no idea how the people in the Pacific Northwest stand it.

I guess we are in for it for the next four days....I saw my neighbors get oil today. What's up with that?

Tonight to celebrate rain will be easy....Celentano ravioli and some Pepperidge Farm mozzarella bread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink