Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 12:56 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times

Advertisements

Love all the grandkids stories. Sometimes it's good to hand them back!

Not sure what's for dinner. We have all sorts of ingredients in the fridge for an oriental dinner (hubster's specialty), but he busted his butt outside working in the garage all morning, so I don't know if he'll feel like cooking. If not, I may have to quick thaw something. Maybe some shrimp which can be whipped into a scampi in no time. Sounds good.

Have a good weekend, all.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:10 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
Quote:
nomoresnow]Love all the grandkids stories. Sometimes it's good to hand them back!
[
My mother says that is best part... you get to tire them out...have all the fun... pump 'em full of sugar and do all the stuff you would NEVER do if you were their parents... and then SEND THEM HOME and then WE deal with the aftermath an it is the price we pay for doing all the stuff we did to them growing up.... lol... she says it is only fair...

Old 06-19-2009, 01:29 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
When my neices and nephews were small, I always bought them the noisiest toys for Christmas and birthdays. Nobody could retaliate because I never had kids!

Old 06-19-2009, 01:39 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well it's official. I have a wife again. She is all propped up with some kind of cooling machine working on swelling in her knee cause she over did it. Now for dinner? I don't know. It is just so hot and humid nothing is really appealing at the moment. I may make a cold pork and been salad with sliced tomatoes or get a bag of burgers at Mickey D's...Maybe Fish for her if that what she wants. Meanwhile I going to snooze.
Tell her we all missed her! So glad she is at home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
But my DP will probably choose to grill and each guest is bringing one or more things.....mac or potato salad....pies....shrimp cocktail....champagne, wine and fresh strawberries....deviled eggs, cole slaw....jalepeno onions.... This is my fav group because they are all good cooks and love to bring stuff.

I have the hamburgers and hot dogs under control; the minted "sake melon infusion" the tossed salad delux...and crackers and cheese spreads plus stuffed clams....and plenty of Corona!

So I have done my prep....half way got the house clean....and will set out dishes etc....in the morning....We Are Good Here.
Elston, what time should we all be there? George's bus overheated so we will have to arrange alternate transportation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
When my neices and nephews were small, I always bought them the noisiest toys for Christmas and birthdays. Nobody could retaliate because I never had kids!
LOL.....Me too! My best friend had a daughter at a young age and I loved to spoil her. I remember one Christmas in particular I bought her one of those plastic lawnmowers with the clicky thing in it! She could have killed me! Her daughter loved it and ran all over the house with it constantly! (My friend finally figured out how to cut the clicker out of the toy!)

Dinner tonight will be hot dogs with Jaxson's Spanich sauce if I can find it! Help? Mama kept the printed out one, and I had saved it to Mom's computer - but she can't figure out how to find it! LOL I am going to try to find it now - think it was on the original thread. Wish me luck?
FOUND IT! YAY!

Old 06-19-2009, 01:46 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Next time you do it Debsi-we'll be looking in the mail for our invites-silverwear not necessary as we carry our own.
and we travel together!

Old 06-19-2009, 02:13 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
We even clean up after!

Old 06-19-2009, 02:34 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
Quote:
Next time you do it Debsi-we'll be looking in the mail for our invites-silverwear not necessary as we carry our own.
We all have sporks and are ready to roll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well it's official. I have a wife again.
Welcome home Mrs. Nomad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
George, you know me well enough by now to know that what I enjoy most is cooking and feeding people.

But my DP will probably choose to grill and each guest is bringing one or more things.....mac or potato salad....pies....shrimp cocktail....champagne, wine and fresh strawberries....deviled eggs, cole slaw....jalepeno onions.... This is my fav group because they are all good cooks and love to bring stuff.

I have the hamburgers and hot dogs under control; the minted "sake melon infusion" the tossed salad delux...and crackers and cheese spreads plus stuffed clams....and plenty of Corona!

So I have done my prep....half way got the house clean....and will set out dishes etc....in the morning....We Are Good Here.
That sounds lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
and we travel together!
Why do I always have to drive??? At least we are being "green" in bus-pooling.

Quote:
We even clean up after!
Yes it's really called we ate ALL your food so clean-up is a snap!

Old 06-19-2009, 02:50 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
WFD IV foodies.... COOOOOOOME ON DOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!

Taco party July 4th weekend. We will have San Diego Shredded Beef, carne asada and marinated chicken breast made on the charcoal grill (a-hem we'll put some men to work), and you could twist my arm into ground beef filling for the taco wussies.

I Am Woman and I will supply all of our favorite homemade hot sauces and salsas... and guacamole of course!!

Mmmmmmmmmm... We could call it Tacomania Weekend!

Old 06-19-2009, 02:58 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
You temptress you!!!!

Old 06-19-2009, 03:39 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times

I'm going to Canada for dinner.
Okay....okay.....it is only Epcot..........but still..........
A group of us are going there to eat tonight. They have great steaks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink