Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 06:37 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times

Advertisements

I am feeling very guilty today.... in the past week I have been dealing with two sick kids and my own flu I did not go out and get a Father's Day gift.... of A BIRTHDAY GIFT.... today is Hubby's 35th birthday.... he keeps laughing and telling me not to worry as I have had other things going on since last Saturday. I DID have a Father's Day gift but it didn't work and we have to take it back...a hammock replacement...long story... anyway I had every intention of going through last week but when Diva got sick on Tuesday... well.... that was the end of the trip.... I caught it Wed and oh I feel so badly about it today. He is off getting his own birthday breakfast of bagels and his own birthday cake poor guy. I am supposed to be contagious until about Wed and no sense getting others in the community sick.... I sent Chatterbox with him so at least he sort of isn't getting his cake on his own.... oh I feel so badly.... what guilt. I at least told him what his gift is GOING to be and I have been at the store looking for it.... I was going to get it on Tuesday but he is so picky about COFFEE MAKERS sometimes that I had to run it by him first... OH DRATS! I feel horrible this morning.... like a bad wife. Trying to think of how to make this day special for him.... My fever is finally down to 99 and my energy is up a bit.... Thing is I am grasping for groceries at this point.... looks like take out. Let him pick it and go get it.... poor guy....

Our area - the town- was on the local news for this flu.... Not the swine flu or anything but the flu..... Good thing it IS the end of the school year.....

Old 06-21-2009, 06:39 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
[quote=nomoresnow;9391947
OK, gang...I have the perfect solution here. Since George is WAY too hung over today to drive, I suggest we hire a bus to pick us up and bring us to this wonderful place of nirvana. All in favor???

Oh, and do I mind beef?? Ask my doctor about my cholesterol! [/quote]

Why is everyone typing so LOUD this morning? Had one too many martinis last night. So what time is everyone arriving? I will have mimosas ready for everyone NMS, you can have one of my Lipitors

HAPPY WHO'S YOUR DADDY DAY!!!!

It's someone's DH's birthday today too (sorry - I forgot....too hung over). Happy Birthday!!!

Lunch plans have changed as dad has decided to go some other place for lunch. So we are meeting at the old place meeting place so we can all go to the new clandestine lunch spot. I realize that there is a language barrier in explaining exactly where we will eventually end up, but there is a slight flaw in the plan. My third oldest sister is notorious for arriving on her own time table. I know one time she was actually early as my niece got on her for always being late. I think I went out and purchased a lottery ticket that day. But alas, she has fallen back into her old habits. "Bless her heart" as we say in the south (this statement absolves you of all negative comments made towards someone if you say it)

Old 06-21-2009, 06:41 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I am feeling very guilty today.... in the past week I have been dealing with two sick kids and my own flu I did not go out and get a Father's Day gift.... of A BIRTHDAY GIFT.... today is Hubby's 35th birthday....
See I knew it was someone's DH's birthday today! Happy Birthday!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 06:49 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,304,805 times
last night we had scrabbled eggs , bacon & toast for dinner.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:53 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I love to add blueberries and serve with creamery butter softened to room temperature.....and real maple syrip. (that can be Maine, NH,Vermont or Quebec....its all good).
Ummm...don't forget NY syrup!

Old 06-21-2009, 07:17 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
SKBS-let go of the guilt! He sounds fine with it all and knows what you've been dealing with. Take it from one who carried the guilt of the world on her shoulders like that. Just enjoy the day as much as you can with DH-he's a real keeper.

Being that Mr. L has always let me know on Mother's Day that I'm not his Mom-I now let him know on Father's Day-he's not my Dad. So leftover hot meatloaf sandwiches for tonight and leftover bean salad.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:18 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
I may have grilled hot dogs. It want take long in an iron skilled out on the sidewalk.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:23 AM

256 posts, read 453,044 times
Happy Father's Day to all you Dads!

Last night DH fixed Steak au Poivre. Yummy - except I had no appetite. That happens when I have a major fibro flare. I ate about 1/4 of it - DH even cut it into bite-sized pieces for me (he's so sweet) - but that was all I could deal with. Just drat!

I'm not up to fixing any meals today. Flare progresses. I have fibrofog, IBS, and severe pain, not to mention some other, less socially acceptable symptoms.

So don't know what tonight's supper may be - probably Quizno's delivery. Better'n pizza - less fat.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:43 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,247,513 times
I'm trying this one more time! Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's and I hope it will be a special day whatever you do and spend it with the ones who love you.

skbs: push that guilt away, your dh is just happy to have you and the girls, he needs all of you well and that is the only present he wants. This is a happy birthday for him, 1st day of Summer, Father's Day, he is born on the cusp of Gemini & Cancer and the Sun enters the sign of Cancer this morning, it is a very lucky day for all of you. Please wish him a happy birthday from "k's" home. Hold that guilt for 30 yrs. when the girls "text" him Happy Birthday instead of picking up a phone to call him & you "know" it was something that you "did" or "didn't" do when they were small, just like I did last Sunday---when I thought it was FD and couldn't believe the kids didn't call their Dad. (BTW it works, the phone has been ringing off the hook this morning and it is only 10:20). As far as dh's present, I ordered my FD present on May 15th, it never arrived, my postmaster remembers delivering it 2 wks. ago, the only conclusion, someone took it from our mailbox, it was special ordered, it is due to come again next week. Enjoy your day and please get better soon. hugs, girlfriend

Kats, I'm sorry, George got me so upset. I really didn't forget about you, I thought that you were fine after reading your post and realized NMS and the BW needed immediate medical attention and I had to go. As far as taking up a collection for George? I think not, where will George go with the money collected to get him a new bus I ask you? The nearest Martini bar, Key West maybe--I am really losing trust in George, he is on a NCIS mission to leave all the ladies in very hot garages with spoiled food.

Today's special dinner will be grilled Maine Lobster Tails & Jumbo Carolina Shrimp, baked potatoes and steamed Asparagus. Whatever you do today I hope it will be meaningful to you. Have a great day. kelsie

Old 06-21-2009, 09:10 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
Thanks guys...you're right...he is still laughing at me.... I have convinced him to ditch me and go to his parents with the kids for Dinner. Diva is feeling SO much better and has serious cabin fever. I would rather he have a celebration then sit around the house all day. I think he would be much happier doing that. Then he will just bring me home some left overs... We have agreed when I am doing better we will go out and celebrate as a family...

Have a great Fathers Day.... and I think George needs a little of the Hair of the Dog....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink