Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 08:54 AM

259,023 posts, read 90,419,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Good morning all

Nomad, what is Dales seasoning like? Never heard of it - is it like Lawrys?
I don't know really how to describe it. We use it of and on for something different. It is a liquid that doesn't take a lot of. Don't over do it or it can be salty if I remember correctly. Years ago we used a lot of it. I stumbled into it last week and got a bottle.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:03 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,449,034 times
Noma, is it a "browning" liquid like Kitchen Bouquet or B.V.?

I like those in beef stew and pot roast.

Not sure yet what is for dinner tonight.. I'll try to stay tuned..

Breakfast for dinner might be a winner.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Noma, is it a "browning" liquid like Kitchen Bouquet or B.V.?

I like those in beef stew and pot roast.

Not sure yet what is for dinner tonight.. I'll try to stay tuned..

Breakfast for dinner might be a winner.
Thanks for the helping hand. I just know that I like it. My late MIL always used Kitchen Bouquet in beef stew....with a bay leaf.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,851,698 times
OMG what a morning! We have a service plan for our furnace/AC and they were coming to do the Maint on it and they guy used our BROKEN water spicket outside and broke a pipe in our basement and FLOODED our basement!!!!!! I have been angry, sad, hysterical.... all morning long.... you name it I've been there.... crying late a looney bin as well.... Luckily my MIL was here because she kept me sane. My hubby came home on his lunch break but.... OMG I was about ready to strangle the guy..... I am still really upset but I think I have a plan in the works and things are being taken care of.... MIL took the girls to her house after things calmed down...... I am so annoyed.... I have a cleaning crew coming shortly and a plumber tonight.... what a mess I tell ya... what a mess..... I'm really gonna need That juicy burger I've been itchin' for now..... and a big giant order of greesy FRIES!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 10:23 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,059,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I'm really gonna need That juicy burger I've been itchin' for now..... and a big giant order of greesy FRIES!!!!!!!
Go for it girl. You need it! Want me to ship you my martini ration for tonight too?

Old 06-22-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
OMG what a morning! We have a service plan for our furnace/AC and they were coming to do the Maint on it and they guy used our BROKEN water spicket outside and broke a pipe in our basement and FLOODED our basement!!!!!! I have been angry, sad, hysterical.... all morning long.... you name it I've been there.... crying late a looney bin as well.... Luckily my MIL was here because she kept me sane. My hubby came home on his lunch break but.... OMG I was about ready to strangle the guy..... I am still really upset but I think I have a plan in the works and things are being taken care of.... MIL took the girls to her house after things calmed down...... I am so annoyed.... I have a cleaning crew coming shortly and a plumber tonight.... what a mess I tell ya... what a mess..... I'm really gonna need That juicy burger I've been itchin' for now..... and a big giant order of greesy FRIES!!!!!!!
Better put some jalapenos on that burger. Might as well fan the flames and get it over with. Meanwhile we are about off in search of groceries. Cube steaks are still plan A....Sides are variables. Oven is out of season. We are in nuker and toaster mode til November...

Old 06-22-2009, 10:29 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,851,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Go for it girl. You need it! Want me to ship you my martini ration for tonight too?
OMG would you please.... I am gonna need something to take the edge off.... I felt better once the guy who broke the pipe finally left.... he made me so mad.... Some very colorful language came flyin' out of this Irish mouth of mine.... I will admit it.... .....

Old 06-22-2009, 10:33 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,059,645 times
Quote:
OMG would you please.... I am gonna need something to take the edge off.... I felt better once the guy who broke the pipe finally left.... he made me so mad.... Some very colorful language came flyin' out of this Irish mouth of mine.... I will admit it.... .....
Probably a cathartic experience. We all need to let some steam off once in a while Sorry it had to come about with that episode.

Drinks at Skbs house! All the water you can drink too!

Old 06-22-2009, 10:45 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,203,050 times
Afternoon everyone. Skbs I have some rum/daquiris I can send ya. Remember this too shall pass...

Dinner tonight will be mac and cheese with green beans on the side and maybe some bicuits.

Hope everyone stays cool and has a great day.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:53 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,561,127 times
Oh skbs - hugs! I can relate to the pain of a flooded basement - and having to clean up all the muck and yuck - grrr <pout> Just got done doing that Saturday and am still sore! Don't overdo it - you just got done being sick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink