Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 12:04 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,251,798 times

Advertisements

Jaxson said it better then I ever could have. She is so right! I felt the very same and MWBW kept asking me if I was still not smoking and repping me to stay strong. What could I do?? I sure wasn't going to let her and everyone else down by starting again. But oh my, I sure could have picked a better/easier year. This year was the worst but then again--when is it ever easy!!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:13 PM

7,316 posts, read 2,732,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
This morning I got on the scale and yelled out "I'm a loser!"

DH got concerned and came in the room with his best supportive smile and said "Don't say that! you're not!"
Debsi, the guys just don't always get it, do they?? Congratulations!

Jaxson, Santa Fe style enchiladas are flat instead of rolled. This is the New Mexico way to fix them...dip the tortilla in some hot oil till for a minute, then into the enchilada sauce, then onto the plate; add toppings and repeat till the stack is as high as you want!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:13 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,150,302 times
Debsi~~~woo hoo that is fabulous! Guess we are a couple of losers/quitters that can say loudly eh?

cyn I forgot about the reps for not smoking yep that was nice too. You are right it is never easy to quit we always will be going through something in life.

I Am Woman gee I called the Santa Fe way me being lazy when I didn't feel like rolling them. Sorry I didn't know they had a real name.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:49 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,225,824 times
I remember when I first quit smoking and someone nearby would like up a Salem. I could have eaten it! But it's been around 18 years now and I really, really don't miss it. I especially don't miss it walking into a restaurant. But I wish stores, etc. wouldn't let people smoke right next to their doors. It's like walking into a wall.

Not sure what or if we're having dinner. Had a late lunch - huge egg salad sandwiches on 9 grain bread and some of that home made chocolate ice cream. So full.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:58 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,764,284 times
I agree NMS..It's been over 3 yrs for me and quitting was one of the best things I've ever done!!!!!! I also hate walking thru that "wall". Move over people. I do make sure that I don't say anything negative. I was there at one time myself and of course I took offense if I was bugged about it. Empathy and understanding.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:02 PM

47,981 posts, read 21,936,001 times
There was a very good pizza place near me.....but the crowd of smokers at the door made it impassable for me.....I couldn't go in to order or to pick up....because they wouldnt move aside and the smoke was so heavy at the door my stomach would literally turn. I would order over the phone for delivery even tho it was only about 8 mins from my house to the pizza parlor....I just couldnt go there.

I smoked heavily for many years......so I am not judging them.....but I was annoyed that they wouldnt move and that the management didnt restrict them from the immediate entry.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:04 PM

114,841 posts, read 65,654,301 times
Cyn and Jaxson I'm with you on the quitting and dealing with it. We're having enchiladas tonight. I made enough sauce last time we froze a big Zip lock full. I may have to add some. We usually make about 36 Enchiladas at a time. In fact I must get with it shortly.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:06 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,251,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I remember when I first quit smoking and someone nearby would like up a Salem. I could have eaten it! But it's been around 18 years now and I really, really don't miss it. I especially don't miss it walking into a restaurant. But I wish stores, etc. wouldn't let people smoke right next to their doors. It's like walking into a wall.

Not sure what or if we're having dinner. Had a late lunch - huge egg salad sandwiches on 9 grain bread and some of that home made chocolate ice cream. So full.
You are soooo funny! You have me laughing out loud and my poor kitty thinks I've finally flipped out! Ha! Thankls for the laugh...

Old 08-05-2009, 02:31 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,849,680 times
Oh boy! Images of me in a Rah Rah Outfit! I am laughing so hared at the thought of it... if only you guys really knew the REAL me! hahahah growing up playing field hockey mocking out the Rah Rah's! hahahah Can you picture it? Chatterbox wants to take Cheerleading lessons and I am trying to sort of talk her out of it.... SO not my thing.... trying to get her psyched about soccer or something instead.... LOL... but I totally will Cheer you all on for SURE!!!! But the image cracks me up! I am just so proud of you all....

So we are finally back from our nutzo morning.... went to the Y this morning and the kids did the climbing room while I got a work out in... took them swimming afterwards... then out for Chinese and they now have enough that THAT will be dinner instead of the strombolli (hubby will have the strombolli instead).... Then to Wegmans to pick up burn cream for that nasty scar I gave myself the other night... Off to see my mom... and now we are home.....

Resting for a bit and then we have to get off to Karate... IF I can find their uniforms.... I really need to get that wash put away! I am slacking!!!! It is all this running the kids have me doing. They want to go here... do this... see that... I don't blame them at all I mean it IS summer for goodness sakes. But tomorrw sure as heck isn't going to be any slower as we have a lunch date at my Grandmother's. I just have to suck it up and do it tonight I think. UGH.... I really hate laundry....

Ok.... reheating Chinese.... Life got SO easy for dinner... gotta LOVE IT!!!!

I will check back later.... It is so nice to see such wonderful faces in here today..... everyone's meals sound delicious... OH and I had no idea the differences in the tacos! Learn something new everyday......

Old 08-05-2009, 02:31 PM

114,841 posts, read 65,654,301 times
Crap, I killed the thread... O.K. I'm going to do a couple chores and then make some enchiladas.. yum!! Later ...smokers anonymous ...who knew.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink