Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 06:22 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times

Advertisements

Oh my goodness, we had great macaroni and cheese tonight. Today, I made ham salad and then cubed up the last of the $.99 a pound ham I bought last week. I put the cubed ham in a casserole dish and covered it with homemade mac and cheese. Some fresh green beans were there too, but who really cares?
We way over indulged.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:28 PM

1,122 posts, read 1,087,145 times
And it seems we all tend to roll on the same food ideas, yesterday was seafood and today seems to be Italian. I have read some awesome recipes and ideas on this thread..

I'm making a trip to the butcher on Saturday for some Boars head. He informed that there would be a fresh cut there on Saturday..Looking forward to it.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:35 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,928,690 times
Tonight, dinner will be delivered to me. It's thin crust pizza from i Fratelli in Coppell, TX. One medium Italian sausage with mushroom. I'm waiting for it right now.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:07 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,940,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Can you shred the meat or chop it up some? Then you could use it in quesadillas or put it in a stir fry. Some steaks you need to cut across the grain or with the grain it makes a huge difference in their tenderness it seems.

They were a hit! Thanks, I would have never thought of it! I put the meat in the crockpot on high for a couple hours and it shredded nicely. Then, browned up the tortillas with cheese on it, the beef, onions, tomatos, then topped it with another tortilla and then mixed salsa with lo-fat ranch for the sauce (didn't have sour cream). Worked great and had leftovers for a couple steak burritos for hubby's lunch!!

Great way for a cheap cut of beef!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:39 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,864,824 times
Well hello everyone.... the festivites this afternoon were a load of fun. I was so happy to spend such a great amount of time with my grandmother, aunt and cousins... my mother as well but I always see her! The kids played outside all afternoon in the water with my cousins and had a great time and us women chatted it up... food and good conversation.... it was nice to see them all.

We were all so tired and/or full from lunch that dinner wasn't really too important tonight. The kids wanted Ravioli from a Can... YUM right? hubby made himself I don't know what and I didn't eat....had some heavy thoughts here tonight... so there ya go.... that was dinner.

The kids leave in the morning for the vacation with my folks. The are gone all weekend. Hoping Hubby Woo's me dinner out and wine on the deck if the bugs allow... that is MY plan but let's see what his is....

Ok.... I'm tired.... good night...

Old 08-06-2009, 07:57 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,968,471 times
Hi foodies.

I was asked to repeat what happened to me in this thread, so here it goes.

While waiting for the movie to start. I saw a mouse run along the side of the wall; I let out a gasp, and the little mouse looked at me and ran back from were he came from. We went and told the manager, he came back with us to check for it, apparently, I scared it, as much as it scared me; he was no where to be found. The manager offered us another movie or our money back, but we decided to go back and see the movie we came to see......with my feet up through most of it of course!

I guess I was rattled more when I had a mouse in my house a couple of years ago. That was the first time I had seen a mouse up close and I was screaming and running around closing doors, so it wouldn't get into another room, and then I jumped up on my sofa. DH was laughing, saying it's only a little field mouse.
He and my son went to the Dollar store and got some sticky traps and set them up with peanut butter. After about 15 minutes, we heard a noise, and sure enough, the mouse was stuck on the trap. Then, dear son takes the mouse stuck on the trap and starts coming towards me, freaking me out! Aren't boys fun???

Have a good rest of the night!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:59 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
How do you make fried Zucchini--sounds good. Isn't everything good if it's fried? Please share your recipe...
So good to hear last nights dinner was such a hit!! And now you get a Zucchini free day!!
Thanks all for the great ideas with zucchini. Last night I sliced the zucchini into 1/4" slices, dipped in egg, and then into Italian seasoned bread crumbs, then fried in a little oil. When I am being good I bread them and spray with cooking spray and bake in a 400° oven for 20 minutes or so. Flip half way through and spray Pam on top. Like Elston said the Panko is also fine for frying but I didn't have luck when I bakes the zucchini.

I also tried zucchini boats the other night. I boiled the zucchini just until almost soft. Sliced them in half longways, scooped out the inside. Mixed the inside with rice, beans, and salsa. Put the mix back into the boats and put shredded cheddar on top and baked them until the cheese melted. They were only ok but there is potential there. I just need to change the fillings around.

Hubby had sausage and peppers for dinner.

GH- I love mac and cheese with chopped up bacon and diced tomatoes mixed in. Put it into a casserole dish and bake with some extra cheese on top. It is so gooey and delicious.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:42 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,725,925 times
Hamburger Helper -- Chessy Italian Shells

Old 08-06-2009, 08:45 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,350 times
Hi all!

Dinner - a hodgepodge

Leftover home-made macaroni salad
Pierogis with fried onions, butter and bacos
Collard greens with ham hocks
Chinese chicken dumplings

Old 08-06-2009, 08:46 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Oh my goodness, we had great macaroni and cheese tonight. Today, I made ham salad and then cubed up the last of the $.99 a pound ham I bought last week. I put the cubed ham in a casserole dish and covered it with homemade mac and cheese. Some fresh green beans were there too, but who really cares?
We way over indulged.
Yumm!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink