Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 07:19 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times

Advertisements

WOW! Had to share... Hubby and Diva just called.... They ran (literally) to the Diner down the road (a bit over 2 miles) took them about 27 minutes! I am so proud of my little 6 year old!!!! She is going to do great on that 5K and is so PSYCHED! They are gonna get a bite and run home.... she is so cute.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:22 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Yeah for them-what memories for her.

Hey I'm with you-roughing it is a hotel without a bar or room service.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:27 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceyex View Post
hey i'm with you-roughing it is a hotel without a bar or room service.
amen sister!!!

Old 06-13-2009, 07:42 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
amen sister!!!
LOL I am right there with ya! Hubby was a boy scout though and has dreams of camping! One Father's Day I got him a TENT and told him he could go camping as much as he wanted.... by my rump was staying put Hahaha So he takes the girls.... He keeps thinking he can sweet talk me into it and I have to remind him that sleeping on rocks and twigs with bugs is not my idea of a romantic evening!

Old 06-13-2009, 08:40 AM

479 posts, read 1,455,860 times
I have chicken breasts defrosting for dinner tonight. Thinking maybe I'll use a recipe Kelsie left earlier this week! But I'll have to run out and get capers since that's not something I normally keep around.

Have a good Saturday everyone!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:11 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I had 16 five year olds
Misery - I practically had an aneurysm just thinking about it. Bless you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
toosie hope DH heals quickly and is ready for his departure without problems.
Thanks, same here! AND hope that he actually finishes re-tiling/grouting our shower!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
If I'm missing from the table for an occasional day or two during that period, please don't take it personally or worry.

Toosie, good heavens, whatever happened with your guy?? Goodness, I hope that all is well now, and that he heals up fast. And I notice that it looks like yet another foodie is sporting a new stellar decoration this week - congratulations!
Ok, but may we file a complaint with management?
Thanks for the good wishes - I hope so too! AND I hope that whatever I got from him doesn't require the same ouchy surgery! Grrr
Why yes, ma'am, I AM shining a bit brighter today Thank you for noticing! Was posting over at the Inn just now when I first saw it. Feeling quite full of myself, I am
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Hope that he is recovering well from the surgery

The stories I could tell you from the restaurant business! The drama of the guests! I don't which stories are better - the ones from the restaurant or the ones from me doing real estate. My memoirs will be entitled "As The Egg Roll Turns". They will be true tales of experiences from my life. You can't make this stuff up.

Turtlemom and I have been chatting offline and she ate at my grandfather's and father's restaurants! What a small world!
Thanks! Love the idea for your book - you really should document some of these stories - even if it's not for publication. BTW, my inlaws are in Hotlanta so, maybe someday I'll eat at one of the family restaurants too!
Quote:
WOW! Had to share... Hubby and Diva just called.... They ran (literally) to the Diner down the road (a bit over 2 miles) took them about 27 minutes! I am so proud of my little 6 year old!!!! She is going to do great on that 5K and is so PSYCHED! They are gonna get a bite and run home.... she is so cute.
How cute is that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hey I'm with you-roughing it is a hotel without a bar or room service.
Can I get a hallelujah!

Now that both of us can barely swallow, dinner tonight probably will be more ice cream...maybe soup Oh, did I mention - they recommend that he gets his tonsils out! No one does that anymore - especially not over the age of 10!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:25 AM

256 posts, read 453,044 times
Honey, I have had tonsils removed - 3 TIMES!! Once at 7, once at 17, and once at 20!!! Yikes! They never get everything, and mine decided to grow back - twice. Not fun, I can tell you, but I LOVED the ice cream and popsicles!!

Tonight will be steak of some sort. Will post back when we decide.

George: I really appreciated you responding to my inquiry. You sent my braind down memory lane fer shure! LOL!

George's family's restaurants were wonderful! But all are closed now. He did send me a list of a few good Chinese restaurants up in the Chamblee - Doraville area. Two on Buford Hwy, and two on Old Peachtree Rd between Shallowford and Chamblee Tucker. I plan to visit them over the next several months.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
LOL I am right there with ya! Hubby was a boy scout though and has dreams of camping! One Father's Day I got him a TENT and told him he could go camping as much as he wanted.... by my rump was staying put Hahaha So he takes the girls.... He keeps thinking he can sweet talk me into it and I have to remind him that sleeping on rocks and twigs with bugs is not my idea of a romantic evening!
I am attacking by anything and everything that bites! Now I love to go for a day hike. As long as I have a nice hotel room and can order a cocktail afterwards, I'm fine. On one hike I sprayed myself down with DEET. However, I did not spray the top of my head. Those buggers bite me through my baseball cap!

[quote=turtlemom;9274257]George: I really appreciated you responding to my inquiry. You sent my braind down memory lane fer shure! LOL!

George's family's restaurants were wonderful! But all are closed now. [quote]

It was a wonderful trip for me down memory lane too. In my early 20's I was in therapy and my therapist at the time attended a play that mentioned my grandfather's restaurant! At least I knew he was listening during our therapy sessions

Old 06-13-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Can I get a hallelujah!
Hallelujah!!!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:45 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
I think I'm returning to my apple and pineapple fruit salad for dinner. Maybe some cheese and crackers too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink