U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 06-19-2009, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Looking East and hoping!
28,227 posts, read 13,458,136 times
Reputation: 2000000631
Next time you do it Debsi-we'll be looking in the mail for our invites-silverwear not necessary as we carry our own.

 
Old 06-19-2009, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Where Trolls get BBQ'd
131,636 posts, read 42,753,128 times
Reputation: 114029
Well it's official. I have a wife again. She is all propped up with some kind of cooling machine working on swelling in her knee cause she over did it. Now for dinner? I don't know. It is just so hot and humid nothing is really appealing at the moment. I may make a cold pork and been salad with sliced tomatoes or get a bag of burgers at Mickey D's...Maybe Fish for her if that what she wants. Meanwhile I going to snooze.
 
Old 06-19-2009, 12:11 PM
 
256 posts, read 263,758 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
<snip> DH is going to a luncheon in his honor for an Excellence and Achievement Award from his company. Only 25 people received this out of 3,500. I am so proud of him! I can't wait to find out what his gifts are. LOL
<snip>
Hi Hawaii! I know you are proud of him!

Cyn - fresh pineapple is miles better than canned, but as LaceyEx said, Doles packed in juice is a good substitute. You can get it in rings, wedges and bits. I put it in lots of things for nice, cooling flavor.
 
Old 06-19-2009, 12:15 PM
 
Location: (WNY)
5,384 posts, read 6,774,888 times
Reputation: 7559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well it's official. I have a wife again. She is all propped up with some kind of cooling machine working on swelling in her knee cause she over did it. Now for dinner? I don't know. It is just so hot and humid nothing is really appealing at the moment. I may make a cold pork and been salad with sliced tomatoes or get a bag of burgers at Mickey D's...Maybe Fish for her if that what she wants. Meanwhile I going to snooze.
YIPPEE.... Nothin' like having you sweetie back where they belong! Glad she is home and hope she is doing well......

Diva seems to be doing well.... enough that she is up off her "make shift bed" and playing on the computer. I am still sluggish and chillin' out... fever is hanging around 100 for now.... I was supposed to go to a shower tomorrow but I handed off the gift cause I don't think that is gonna happen! I have the don't know what I want's right now.... I keep going to the pantry and it isn't in there... that is all I know. Same thing for the fridge.... maybe this bug is effecting my taste buds all I know is I want something! lol....Maybe Debsi's Guacamole? can I have some lime chips with that please?.... or Nomad can pick me up a burger... fries might be nice.... oh, I am so indecisive right now..... humph.....
 
Old 06-19-2009, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Florida (SW)
34,047 posts, read 11,025,818 times
Reputation: 44253
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Elston, don't slave too much over your own special day - you are suppose to enjoy it too!
George, you know me well enough by now to know that what I enjoy most is cooking and feeding people.

But my DP will probably choose to grill and each guest is bringing one or more things.....mac or potato salad....pies....shrimp cocktail....champagne, wine and fresh strawberries....deviled eggs, cole slaw....jalepeno onions.... This is my fav group because they are all good cooks and love to bring stuff.

I have the hamburgers and hot dogs under control; the minted "sake melon infusion" the tossed salad delux...and crackers and cheese spreads plus stuffed clams....and plenty of Corona!

So I have done my prep....half way got the house clean....and will set out dishes etc....in the morning....We Are Good Here.
 
Old 06-19-2009, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Where Trolls get BBQ'd
131,636 posts, read 42,753,128 times
Reputation: 114029
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
YIPPEE.... Nothin' like having you sweetie back where they belong! Glad she is home and hope she is doing well......

Diva seems to be doing well.... enough that she is up off her "make shift bed" and playing on the computer. I am still sluggish and chillin' out... fever is hanging around 100 for now.... I was supposed to go to a shower tomorrow but I handed off the gift cause I don't think that is gonna happen! I have the don't know what I want's right now.... I keep going to the pantry and it isn't in there... that is all I know. Same thing for the fridge.... maybe this bug is effecting my taste buds all I know is I want something! lol....Maybe Debsi's Guacamole? can I have some lime chips with that please?.... or Nomad can pick me up a burger... fries might be nice.... oh, I am so indecisive right now..... humph.....
I might make soft tacos tonight with some rotisserie chicken breast we have left. Now for the good part. I was priviledged to witness first had my five year old granddaughter get down on the floor and put on a real Divasode of her own. Her older brother was going to drive so she had to ride in the back seat. She hit the floor and drummed heals with alligator tears about having to ride in the back seat. Nice that she went home with mama. I offered her one of my mini snickers bars but she gave it back cause it wasn't big enough....So I ate it.
 
Old 06-19-2009, 12:27 PM
 
256 posts, read 263,758 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well it's official. I have a wife again. She is all propped up with some kind of cooling machine working on swelling in her knee cause she over did it. Now for dinner? I don't know. It is just so hot and humid nothing is really appealing at the moment. I may make a cold pork and been salad with sliced tomatoes or get a bag of burgers at Mickey D's...Maybe Fish for her if that what she wants. Meanwhile I going to snooze.
So happy your dear wife is home again! I know that is a relief to you!

For cool suppers, nothing beats just sliced chilled tomatoes with a dab of mayo on them. A cheese or a salad sandwich of some sort is always good.

Our Quizno's delivers sub sandwiches - that could be an option if there is one near you. A tuna sub sandwich is certainly cooler than hot hamburgers!

Just some suggestions.

We are clueless about tonight's supper. DH isn't enthusiastic about cooking tonight and neither am I. Maybe some cold pasta shrimp salad?
 
Old 06-19-2009, 12:27 PM
 
Location: (WNY)
5,384 posts, read 6,774,888 times
Reputation: 7559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I might make soft tacos tonight with some rotisserie chicken breast we have left. Now for the good part. I was priviledged to witness first had my five year old granddaughter get down on the floor and put on a real Divasode of her own. Her older brother was going to drive so she had to ride in the back seat. She hit the floor and drummed heals with alligator tears about having to ride in the back seat. Nice that she went home with mama. I offered her one of my mini snickers bars but she gave it back cause it wasn't big enough....So I ate it.
LOL....Diva would NEVER have given it back! She is no fool hahah the tantrum would have continued... but it would most likely have melted in her hand!
 
Old 06-19-2009, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Florida (SW)
34,047 posts, read 11,025,818 times
Reputation: 44253
Nomad....they really can't be lovely and cute all the time.....and as I discovered yesterday....they're not.

But like the song...."you picked a bad time to leave me Lucille", yesterday was ill timed....as I am babysitting for her one day next week ....and will be less inclined to indulge and spoil. At least slightly less inclined....
 
Old 06-19-2009, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Looking East and hoping!
28,227 posts, read 13,458,136 times
Reputation: 2000000631
Oh Nomad what a smile you just gave me.

I was waxing harmonious to my son the other day about our youngest angel (10) and he said Mom-she's getting to an age where she can be a handful at times. So I told him "okay so she's only 99.9% perfect."

Elston maybe just an "in a snit day."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top