Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 06:30 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times

Advertisements

Ok, folks, here's a review of Kelsie's Chicken Piccata, which can be found here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/9191058-post4005.html

Oh. My. Dear. Goodness.

That is some SERIOUSLY yummy eats, fellow foodies. This woman understands how to treat a piece of chicken, and better yet, it goes together fast and easily, just as advertised. I wound up simmering the cutlets in the sauce a bit longer than I should have because the pasta wasn't quite done, which didn't hurt the chicken at all but meant that there wasn't as much juicy stuff to pour over the pasta. But, oh, was it wonderful!

The only thing I'd comment on is that if you define a "chicken cutlet" as one boneless, skinless chicken breast, then I'd say this recipe serves four, not two. My spouse and I, both of whom were really, really hungry and both of whom really, really liked the results, could only finish one cutlet each, along with pasta and green beans for sides (plus warm rhubarb crisp and vanilla ice cream for dessert). But that's NO problem from where we sit: I pack up a nice lunch for the spouse daily, and the extra pair of cutlets plus the extra pasta and green beans will have his co-workers following him around the office with their tongues hanging out.

As my spouse was oohing and aaahhing his way through his plate, I happened to mention that the author of this recipe has also authored an entire cookbook, and you should have seen his eyes light up. Kelsie, you'll find a DM from me the next time you log in.... Gotta add your magnum opus to our kitchen library!

Old 06-21-2009, 06:33 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Um, MWBW, I gather you liked it. Just wanted to clarify that.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:48 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Um, MWBW, I gather you liked it. Just wanted to clarify that.
Well, yes, as a matter of fact, I did. Just a teensy bit, mind, no superlatives or anything. But yes, we did rather enjoy our supper tonight.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:03 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Carne asada, homemade salsa and guac, and fried potatoes and onions -- How'd that get in there? Well, we'll just call them "papas."

Old 06-21-2009, 07:09 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
My DP always raves about Perkins Pancakes......compares mine unfavorably to theirs ; apparently they make a thinner style pancake....not light and celestial, like mine . I have never been to Perkins.....on our cross country trip we did see a sign for one...but it wasnt a meal time and inoppurtune time to stop.
I bet your pancakes are wonderful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Ummm...don't forget NY syrup!
What?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
SKBS-let go of the guilt! He sounds fine with it all and knows what you've been dealing with. Take it from one who carried the guilt of the world on her shoulders like that. Just enjoy the day as much as you can with DH-he's a real keeper.
I agree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post

Kids are all coming and we're having a big mix of food...... Lobster Tails, Shrimp on the Barbie, Filet Mignon's, Shrimp Cocktails, and Bang Bang Shrimp. I made cole slaw and potato salad and I'm going to make some Sweet Potato chips in the deep fryer. (good thing I'm on Lipitor....lol.)
Dessert is, Fudgey the Whale, from Carvel.
And George's bus is broke down. We are just going to have to charter on for this kind of meal! Hawaii - you know us, have fork will travel!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hot meatloaf/gravy, fries w/gravy were fine for Mr. L-he was happy. New drugs playing havoc with his taste buds.
Night all and hope you enjoyed your Dad's day.
Thinking of you and Mr. L. (Also thinking of that meatloaf and gravy-fries!)

Old 06-21-2009, 07:21 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Hi foodies.

Tonight I made BBQ pork chops, creamed red potatoes and a caesar salad for supper. Sweer Baby Ray's Vidilia BBQ sauce was yumo.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:04 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
We had a BBQ to celebrate my daughter's BFF who came to Vegas with us. It is tomorrow. We also had a friend and his daughter, whose BD is tomorrow also, come and be part of the celebration. Swam in the pool, had BBQ chicken, Beef Hot Links, and hot dogs. Mac and cheese and hm seasoned potato chunks! Yum! Was a good time!

Have a great night!

Old 06-21-2009, 08:48 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,731,582 times
I had a Hamburger Helper Meal tonight with a Salad.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:52 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,694,658 times
blt with toast, and cheese, cottage cheese, and !

Old 06-21-2009, 09:16 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
I hope everybody had a good weekend.

Father's Day lumpia was a huge hit, and that marinated vegetable recipe turned out to be a keeper too - even DH the meat-eater loves it.

Just made up a gallon of sweet tea with fresh mint in it, and am off to bed.

Good night all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink