Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:16 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,684,227 times

Advertisements

You are a serious seafood man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 11:23 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,191,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
You are a serious seafood man.
Just a Gulf coast girl in Northern Vt......gotta keep the tast of home alive!

Old 03-23-2011, 01:01 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,674,468 times
Default Edible parts of an oyster

The Walrus and the Carpenter Disagree - GraphJam: Music and Pop Culture in Charts and Graphs. Let us explain them.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:28 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,609,454 times
Default Brands of safe pollution-free canned oysters?

Anyone know any?

I've tried Crown Prince, Polar, Ocean Prince, Chick. of Sea, etc. yet I don't think anyone of these are ok or safe to eat from PCBs etc.

I see China, Korea & others aren't ok? Thanks if anyone can refer a brand, as I miss eating them here in AZ by the can but have no clue as to what brands to buy.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:42 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,609,454 times
Just thought I'd see if anyone can help out here.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:41 PM

197 posts, read 449,831 times
Default I've been on an oyster rampage.

Serving plump, high-quality specimens on the half shell with simple, minimal condiments. This may be a stretch, but I don't care: fresh oysters are the best thing nature has ever done.

Anyone other oyster fans here?

Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,621,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Peters View Post
Serving plump, high-quality specimens on the half shell with simple, minimal condiments. This may be a stretch, but I don't care: fresh oysters are the best thing nature has ever done.

I love Oysters. Raw not cooked though. A little shallot vinegar and a squeeze of lemon perhaps.

But I have to disagree with you, Scallops and Crab are the best thing nature ever produced !! I could live off those until I died. With the occasional plum Mussels and Fillet Steak thrown in for good measure... Scallops are food of the gods. Simply seared lightly and served with a little lemon beurre blanc or cauliflower puree and black pudding....Yuuuuuummmmmmmmm ! To die for.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:38 PM

1,192 posts, read 2,481,640 times
Big oyster fan here! My favorite is Oysters Bienville. I've been known to order two appetizer servings, and that's my dinner. I like Rockefeller also, depending on how they're cooked. I had some at a place in New Orleans that is famous for them. The topping was more of a spinach souffle that I didn't really care for.

I also like them raw with red sauce and horseradish, and I've been wanting to try raw oysters with ponzu.

Ditto on the scallops in beurre blanc, so rich but so good .

Old 12-04-2012, 01:50 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,637,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
Big oyster fan here! My favorite is Oysters Bienville. I've been known to order two appetizer servings, and that's my dinner. I like Rockefeller also, depending on how they're cooked. I had some at a place in New Orleans that is famous for them. The topping was more of a spinach souffle that I didn't really care for.

I also like them raw with red sauce and horseradish, and I've been wanting to try raw oysters with ponzu.

Ditto on the scallops in beurre blanc, so rich but so good .
You're so right - I've ordered two orders of oysters on the half shell appetizers and that was my dinner along with a small salad and wine.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:52 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,637,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Peters View Post

My father and I were the only two in the family who loved raw oysters and we used to frequent an oyster bar once a month (when we lived in New Orleans) and throw 'em back together. We used to have a crawfish "pig out" together monthly as well. He passed away in 2007 and I still think fondly of our oyster outings as my husband won't eat them. I don't care for cooked oysters at all though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes