Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 04:38 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times

Advertisements

So I went lunching again Weekend lunching alone in Menver has become regular. During the week, it's easy, there's always someone at the office who pads along with my lunch posse.

Scam Alert: Don't lunch here folks if you live around Denver, CO. It's called Royal India. It was a royal pain in my taste buds' collective ar$e

It was an hysteric affair, the conversation between me and the guys could become a mini comedy booklet.

But this one should take the cake.

I stopped by the "Saag Panneer" and spent a lot of seconds. The house-man came up, tried to act friendly and asked me if I needed help.

"Do you have fishing equipment?"

"Well, no...... why?"

"I'm trying to fish panneer out"

"It does not have fish, Sir, it is a vegetarian item"

"<speechless>"

"It has panneer, it is white or yellow in colour, it's made from milk"

"Ok, I'm trying to find it, does it swim and disappear like fish?"

"No, it's a vegetarian item, it is strictly made from milk and butter, fish is actually like meat, it does not taste good in saag, you have not heard of panneer, are you from India?"

"Alright, I'm trying to find panneer here, there's none"

"OH "

He joined in the act. There was none Panneer is actually cheese cubes like Tofu. They taste good in spinach ("saag" in hindi)

"Panneerless saag panneer"

"No, it is called saag panneer, it's written on the board here"

"Yes, but where is it? I don't find any"

"Sorry, actually, in the high heat, they tend to dissolve. You can feel it when you eat it."

Actually, they dissolve only if they are not there. Later, I prepared to leave.

"How was the food?"

"The water was great, the ice cubes were awesome and cold. I enjoyed every sip"

I don't go to Indian places a lot. But I wanted to break the jinx for a change. NOT

Has anyone here actually found panneer in saag panneer? If yes, teach me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink